Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Author Topic: Fullsac X Pipe - Jackpot Dyno Tuned - V&H Power Duals  (Read 13503 times)

jesse111

• Full CVO Member
    • Jesse Phoenix
Fullsac X Pipe - Jackpot Dyno Tuned - V&H Power Duals
« on: January 14, 2010, 10:48:55 AM »

One of these companyies is going to get my money. All look excellent.

As I continue to research, the decision is getting more, not less difficult. But I have narrowed it down those three.

The goal:
Best torque performance for my CVO Ultra with stage 1 mods.

I'd like to just hear thoughts and experiences fellas. Please offer your opinion. I'd appreciate it.

As regards mufflers, I like the sound of the Jackpot Dyno Tuned from what I can hear on youtube. I'm looking for a rumble that retains a certain sophistication that I feel will harmonize with the looks and presence of the 2010 CVO. Performance looks great from the dyno's posted and from what I read. I'm leaning real strong that way. Now...
Slash down?
Slash up?
Straight?
« Last Edit: January 14, 2010, 10:56:10 AM by jesse111 »

jesse111

• Full CVO Member
    • Jesse Phoenix
Re: Fullsac X Pipe - Jackpot Dyno Tuned - V&H Power Duals
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2010, 10:56:59 AM »

Well, the wife said slash down. So slash down it is.

One decision complete.

springsure88

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2014 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: 1977 XLCR
    • CVO3: 1968 FLH
    • Port Macquarie
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2010, 05:43:02 PM »

I have the Jackpots on my CVO Ultra and I am very happy with them. I don't have dyno numbers as yet but there is a noticeable improvement in power and torque. They sound fantastic as well. I got great service from Jamie at Jackpot. The Jackpots have also fixed the heat issues that were particularly bad over here during a hot Aussie summer.

Myko

• Senior CVO Member
  • Takin' Bug Slayer Home

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE "BUG SLR" Spiced Rum - Yummmm!
    • CVO2: 1985 FLHTC "St Steven", RK conversion, hand paint in Naples, IT
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2010, 08:14:42 PM »

Just did initial test ride with the Fullsac X and 2.0 baffles.... ridin' SESG so of course, tips slash up.
Like the sound, much lower than the Reinhart rap, not real loud like the V&H... nice pep and pull through the band... like the stock look with the stock shields.. personnaly I don't like the X look of the V&H.
~~~~~
Mike
------------------------------------------------------
2010 Spiced Rum SESG "Bug Slayer"
Fullsac X pipe & 2.0 baffles
Corbin Classic Solo w/Scarlet Flames
14" Wild1 Chubby Apehangers
Hawg Wired Double Shot
Kuryakyn Driving Lights
Clark Custom Windshield & Deflectors
Performance Machine FL Touring Mirrors (black)
Color matched saddlebag spoilers
Deflectorization
Diamond Polished Stainless Steel Engine bolt kit
---------------------------------------------------

laylonlor

• 1K CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2010, 08:27:08 PM »

how do the 2.5 fullsac baffles, sound compared to the high flow v/h  slipons, which one is the loudest

jesse111

• Full CVO Member
    • Jesse Phoenix
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2010, 10:52:06 PM »

I have the Jackpots on my CVO Ultra and I am very happy with them. I don't have dyno numbers as yet but there is a noticeable improvement in power and torque. They sound fantastic as well. I got great service from Jamie at Jackpot. The Jackpots have also fixed the heat issues that were particularly bad over here during a hot Aussie summer.

Thanks for the info on the Jackpots. I talked to Jamie and after listening to their mufflers on the net, I'm sure I'll like the sound. He's got the PC-V all dialed in for a CVO w/stock intake to work with there beautiful stainless steal head pipes and Jack Pot mufflers. Very attractive package at a reasonable price.

Just did initial test ride with the Fullsac X and 2.0 baffles.... ridin' SESG so of course, tips slash up.
Like the sound, much lower than the Reinhart rap, not real loud like the V&H... nice pep and pull through the band... like the stock look with the stock shields.. personnaly I don't like the X look of the V&H.

I like the V&H X look but I think I may prefer the stock look as well. Fullsac is a very attractive headpipe also. The fact they make a size specifically for larger displacement makes me think its more custom application would preform extremely well.

bikerbum11

• Vendor
  • Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 FLHTCUSE8
    • U.P. Cruising
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2010, 07:39:29 AM »

Thanks for the info on the Jackpots. I talked to Jamie and after listening to their mufflers on the net, I'm sure I'll like the sound. He's got the PC-V all dialed in for a CVO w/stock intake to work with there beautiful stainless steal head pipes and Jack Pot mufflers. Very attractive package at a reasonable price.

I like the V&H X look but I think I may prefer the stock look as well. Fullsac is a very attractive headpipe also. The fact they make a size specifically for larger displacement makes me think its more custom application would preform extremely well.

I'm sure someone will know more about this than me, but I was talking with a coworker (machinist/welder does not ride) He had told me to stay away from Stainless. Something about not holding up as well with the high heat. I was really thinking about the Jackpot for the simple reason they are a couple hours from me and I could stop and pick it up. Now I'm thinking Fullsac again with the ceramic coating for the heat.
2015 CVO Limited

tlr

• Elite CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2022 SERG
    • CVO2: 2019 SERG, 2015 SESG, 2012 SESG
    • CVO3: 2009 SERG
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2010, 08:28:07 AM »

I am running with Fullsac 2.25 bafffles, stock headpipe w/o cat and stock cans.  I have looked into Fullsac's headpipe as well.  Steve at Fullsac is a class guy who knows his stuff and produces high quality products.  I just purchased his TTS Mastertune and installing was very simple.  I highly recommend Steve and his prodcuts.  Give him a call if you havent already.  Ted

jesse111

• Full CVO Member
    • Jesse Phoenix
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2010, 08:50:27 AM »

I'm sure someone will know more about this than me, but I was talking with a coworker (machinist/welder does not ride) He had told me to stay away from Stainless. Something about not holding up as well with the high heat. I was really thinking about the Jackpot for the simple reason they are a couple hours from me and I could stop and pick it up. Now I'm thinking Fullsac again with the ceramic coating for the heat.

I asked Jamie about that and he said the reason most don't use stainless is because of higher costs. He also mentioned that the Jap bikes have been using stainless for years indicating that they are ahead of us in that regard.

Anyone with more expertise out there?

jesse111

• Full CVO Member
    • Jesse Phoenix
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2010, 08:54:52 AM »

I am running with Fullsac 2.25 bafffles, stock headpipe w/o cat and stock cans.  I have looked into Fullsac's headpipe as well.  Steve at Fullsac is a class guy who knows his stuff and produces high quality products.  I just purchased his TTS Mastertune and installing was very simple.  I highly recommend Steve and his prodcuts.  Give him a call if you havent already.  Ted

Ted, is that TTS Mastertune pre programmed from a dyno on a bike with your same upgrades like Jack Pot stuff is? To be fair I should also talk to Steve at Fullsac. So I will this week.

I believe I will narrow my choices down from 3 to 2 and decided between Jack Pot and Fullsac.

jesse111

• Full CVO Member
    • Jesse Phoenix
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2010, 09:11:28 AM »

I've been doing some research on the net about mild steel w/ceramic coating (Fullsac) and stainless steel (Jack Pot).

From what I'm reading, stainless is considered superior and most of the high end auto racing companies produce headers made of stainless. I can't find any negatives so far for stainless headers. Here is just one link so far.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20071228171430AAtuVOZ

HOGMIKE

• 1K CVO Member
  • 65 FLH 93" + others
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2010, 10:39:21 AM »

Ted, is that TTS Mastertune pre programmed from a dyno on a bike with your same upgrades like Jack Pot stuff is? To be fair I should also talk to Steve at Fullsac. So I will this week.

I believe I will narrow my choices down from 3 to 2 and decided between Jack Pot and Fullsac.

:2vrolijk_21:
HOGMIKE

Mr. Wizard

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 FLSTFSE (Platinum)
    • CVO2: 10 FLHXSE (Teq Sun)
    • CVO3: 10 FLSTSE (Scarlet)
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2010, 11:38:16 AM »

+1

I just ordered the X Pipe, 1.75 baffles (I have had enough of being loud, huh? sorry I didn't hear what you said!) and the TTS Mastertune from Steve. When you call be sure to tell him you are a member of this site to get his special pricing.

He says his pipe will dissipate heat quicker than SS. I have to agree as SS does hold more heat for a longer period depending on it's density and "real" stainless properties. Not all SS is real SS. If a magnet won't stick, it is not a good quality of SS. Now with that being said, I have not talked to Jamie in some time so I am not knocking his product.

As far as the TTS... it's is built by the same company that used to build the HD SERT. Their software is upgradeable and the maps come with the software. There are four basic parts of the software which includes a VTune software package. With the VTune you can fine tune your map. This product writes directly to the ECM. The PCV is an add on product that fools the ECM. Steve will give you a map directly from his Dyno for your bike build that will be very close, Jamie will give you a map for the PCV from his Dyno files as well. Since they are about the same price why not go with something that is made for your ECM software not something that will cover it up?

No, not knocking the PC... have tuned dozens of them but using a product like the TTS or SERT or SEST directly writing the software to the ECM and the fact there are a lot more aspects of the ECM to deal with that the PCV will not do, it is a no brainier.

Call Steve  :2vrolijk_21:

Cheers

jesse111

• Full CVO Member
    • Jesse Phoenix
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2010, 12:53:13 PM »

Knowledgeable valid points. Thanks.

Steve Cole

• Manufacturer TTS
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2010, 02:08:22 PM »

Npt all stainless steel is the same so be careful when looking at SS pipes. You need to know what type of SS was used. While it is a good material using the wrong version and high heat do not get along well at all. While many race cars use SS they do not run near the length of time nor do they run under the conditions a HD bike does in street trim.
The Best you know, is the Best you've had........ not necessarily the Best.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Page created in 0.177 seconds with 21 queries.