Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All

Author Topic: HD Extended Warranty  (Read 7030 times)

Fatboy

• 1K CVO Member
  • "Orange Crush" 94Hp / 119Tq
Re: HD Extended Warranty
« Reply #60 on: March 29, 2006, 08:55:23 AM »

I bought a 04 seeg used recently, the original owner who I purchased it from had an extended warranty on the bike ( it is still within its factory original 2 years from in service date -- I believe) after the sale was finalized,

mtncop73

• Senior CVO Member
  • Without the wind in my face I woulda gone crazy
« Reply #61 on: March 29, 2006, 12:53:00 PM »

I bought a 04 seeg used recently, the original owner who I purchased it from had an extended warranty on the bike ( it is still within its factory original 2 years from in service date -- I believe) after the sale was finalized,
It's not how a man dies that makes him a hero, It's how he lives.

Fatboy

• 1K CVO Member
  • "Orange Crush" 94Hp / 119Tq
« Reply #62 on: March 29, 2006, 01:19:40 PM »

Fatboy, Thanks for the heads-up! I talked to Rick this morning and he is able to save me over $400 on the Extended Warranty. Additionally, he mentioned riding through my area this summer and asked if we could hook up to ride. What a class act! [smiley=jalapeno.gif] [smiley=jalapeno.gif]
--------------------------------------------------------

The dude has always done right by me.  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

He hooked me and my buyer up on the "Dealer Assist Program" thru HD Finance when I sold my 1999 FXDWG last fall. Got the whole enchilada financed for the guy including sales tax, extended warranty and a bunch of extra's as the buyer went on a shopping spree while there. Local banks and the local Stealer's here in Ohio couldn't get it done or didn't want to try.........but ol Rick made it happen!

***Also anyone calling him for the "Extended Warranty" be sure to mention this site and my name (Brian Gill) for the max discount! ****

Garznhogs

• Elite CVO Member
  • $$$ heals all

• CVO1: 2004 SEEG
« Reply #63 on: March 31, 2006, 10:47:50 PM »

All this just made me pull out my 'extended service agreement' that I just bought with the used seeg two weeks ago.  It's with "Assurant Solutions", 'Recreational Series', and has a HD/Buell service agreement declaration page glued onto the front page, filled out by the f&i dealer guy: 7 (years, I presume), dealer F&I guy put "FLHTCUSE" instead of flhtcse, marked "NO" for "Optional Touring Package". When I asked what that was, he said "it is for the tour pack which you don't have. . . . sign here".

Tonight, finally actually reading the 'agreement', I see deductible will be $25, no mention of tires except $50 transport maximum reimbursement, . . .

And THEN I get to "Optional Component Packages":  
1. Hi-Tech Components- Engine control module, fuel injection sensors, ignition control module, ignition system sensors, cooling fan control module and factory installed alarm system.  
2. Touring Package - Factory installed audio system, factory installed intercom and c.b., cruise control system and storage compartment latches and hinges.
So, for $1,838, on a used bike still under factory warranty, with 2600 miles, I get: NO COVERAGE on tires, ecm, fi, alarm,  radio, cruise and latches (latches? ohno!).

I suddenly feel like I should have gotten a jar of vaseline with that purchase. dammit.  >:( Impulse buying is not smart.

Until June 8, I'll be checking every last little thing that I can claim under moco warranty.  Why, oh why, didn't I see this forum BEFORE I bought!  :'(
Oh, man, I am sorry for the rant! Regardless, the bike really is cool!
Ness Big Sucker, SuperTrapp 2:1, SERT, Dyno by Cycle-Rama = 107 hp, 108.5 tq. And that's all I need. Oh, wait... a working radio would be nice.

TheVgirl

• 1K CVO Member
  • Hold on bro! Life is one heckuva ride.

• CVO1: 2005 VRSCSE Two-tone Electric Orange and Black
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE2 Sunrise Yellow Pearl and Stingray Silver sold
« Reply #64 on: March 31, 2006, 11:03:32 PM »

The dude has always done right by me.  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

He hooked me and my buyer up on the "Dealer Assist Program" thru HD Finance when I sold my 1999 FXDWG last fall. Got the whole enchilada financed for the guy including sales tax, extended warranty and a bunch of extra's as the buyer went on a shopping spree while there. Local banks and the local Stealer's here in Ohio couldn't get it done or didn't want to try.........but ol Rick made it happen!

***Also anyone calling him for the "Extended Warranty" be sure to mention this site and my name (Brian Gill) for the max discount! ****

Oh great!  Mention financing "extras" and "shopping spree" on this site (especially to a woman) and the chrome sprockets start turning!!!
~TheVgirl~  2005 VRSCSE Two-tone Electric Orange and Black

"The shortest distance between two points is a straight line, but on a motorcycle you want to take the longest way to get there."  - Jerry "Motorman" Palladino

just-us-6

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #65 on: March 31, 2006, 11:55:44 PM »

Well, I found out my bike is not still in its original warranty like I originally thought, so it is probably to late for me, but I will give them a call and see anyways. Don't know if I will get it anyways, got a growing number of bills from my recent crash, so I may just hold off as I plan on modifying anyway.
2009 SERG Orange - Heavy breather, catless headpipe, fullsac 2.25", Cyclerama heads, T-man 625 cams, Chrome inner primary, diamond cut heads and cylinders, Hawgwired amp and speakers, Xenon Hid headlights, Led front turn signals, passenger foot boards and pegs moved to crash bars, chopped tour pack, remote alarm, Harley radar detector, SE Pro tuner, Cee Bailey Windshield, VPC clutch, front saddlebag guards, dash oil temp gauge, led spoilers for saddlebags and tourpack, reflectors removed!

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
« Reply #66 on: April 01, 2006, 08:33:05 AM »

You should be able to get one if the bike has less than 50,000 miles on it.
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

sefatboyscott

• Senior CVO Member
  • There is no mistaking the Dominant Gene
« Reply #67 on: April 06, 2006, 01:45:17 AM »

My experience with the whole warranty thing is this. You know you made mods by the time the factory warranty runs out. With the new regs ALOT of dealers won't touch your bike, so warranty is worthless anyhowe. So far everything I thought would be a warranty issue turns out is normal use not warranty..like chrome peeling.did you know thats not a defect but environmental condition damage......yeah it got wet once when I washed it.............lol.
05 FLSTFSE
Caliber Pipes
Screamin Eagle Race tuner
Custom mapped Dyno Tuned
Max Power 97.2 Max Torque 107.3

mrmagloo

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #68 on: April 13, 2006, 01:25:32 PM »

I sent him and email today after not being able to reach him via the phone. I'll let you know how it goes.  Thanks for the recommendation Brian!
2004 SE Deuce - Cobalt Blue
2006 SE Ultra Classic - Autumn Haze

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 SEEG is on permanent vacation in CA.
    • CVO2: 09 BMW K1300S
    • CVO3: 2010 BMW S1000RR
« Reply #69 on: April 13, 2006, 02:30:36 PM »

Hope you have better luck lane me. I have called that guy 10 times of which he has answered the phone twice;both times he said he would call me back with a quote. Never have heard a word. My stealer wants 1,024 for the first year and approx. 200 per year for every year after that.

mrmagloo

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #70 on: April 20, 2006, 04:34:58 PM »

MJZ - Check your email.

Count me as a very happy Benjy's customer! Rick was a great help.
2004 SE Deuce - Cobalt Blue
2006 SE Ultra Classic - Autumn Haze

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #71 on: April 20, 2006, 05:16:51 PM »

Thanks Scott, just got off the phone with Rick. Did both the SED and the SEEG and you are right, real nice guy. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #72 on: April 20, 2006, 05:19:28 PM »

Hey, I just noticed I became "elite". Ain't I sumthin? Don;t say what!

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #73 on: April 20, 2006, 09:30:17 PM »

Hey, I just noticed I became "elite". Ain't I sumthin? Don;t say what!
Congrats!!! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All

Page created in 0.169 seconds with 24 queries.