Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All

Author Topic: HD Extended Warranty  (Read 7032 times)

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
Re: HD Extended Warranty
« Reply #45 on: March 09, 2006, 09:23:36 AM »

I thought tires were prorated like a battery if they suffered a covered event.

Maybe I should read the fine print.

tony1968

• Full CVO Member
  • SEI2
« Reply #46 on: March 09, 2006, 10:29:00 AM »

Huh? [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

Surely pads are a consumable item? - are they really covered by the warranty? - or did they just wear out real quick - or, worse, - come detached from the backing plate (had that happen before - scary [smiley=nervous.gif])

Does this mean you get free tyres for life too?? [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]

If so, I want one..... [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Cheers

Dave

I brought the bike in for a caliper leak, and picked it up when they called and said it was ready. I rode it home and it was leaking worse then before, and my pads were all glazed over. I called and they came and picked it up, and I was bitchin at the guy loading my bike in the trailer that they must not have test rode my bike, and for christs sake these are the front brakes, surely you would test drive it?? Well come to find out, I ask the guy how he likes working at the dealer and what he does and he turns around and says hes the owner.... oops.   Got my bike back delivered to the house in 1 day, new caliper, pads and washed.

UK Dave

• Elite CVO Member
  • Born to be wild - well, for a few days at least
« Reply #47 on: March 09, 2006, 10:34:49 AM »

If you're not living on the edge - you're taking up too much room!

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #48 on: March 09, 2006, 10:35:07 AM »

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Be Still and Know that I AM God
    • TN

• CVO1: 2012 ULTRA FLHTCUSE7
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG FLHTCSE2
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG FLTRSEI
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #49 on: March 09, 2006, 05:44:54 PM »

You sure do!!!!!!! All though the deductible on tires is $133. ;D ;D ;D

JR [smiley=banana.gif]

Dave

Not sure if you caught my warped humor in the $133 deductible. For a $133 you can buy a new tire therefore you would get free tires for life. :-?

« Last Edit: March 09, 2006, 05:45:31 PM by J.Rud »

mrmagloo

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #50 on: March 09, 2006, 10:23:44 PM »

See JR, you youngin's with this new math are just too sharp for me.   ;D

Look again what JC said..."I got it for 15% discount below the price [highlight]originally quoted.[/highlight]"
2004 SE Deuce - Cobalt Blue
2006 SE Ultra Classic - Autumn Haze

UK Dave

• Elite CVO Member
  • Born to be wild - well, for a few days at least
« Reply #51 on: March 10, 2006, 05:48:00 AM »

Not sure if you caught my warped humor in the $133 deductible. For a $133 you can buy a new tire therefore you would get free tires for life.

If you're not living on the edge - you're taking up too much room!

Tbone

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: 2009 FLTRSE3
    • CVO3: 2013 FLHTCUSE8
« Reply #52 on: March 11, 2006, 05:59:33 AM »

I bought the 7 year on all of mine... just piece of mind for me since I have no mechanical skills.  I've used the wheel and tire portion on the SEEG, a nail in the rear and screw in the front at 3,700 miles.  Two new tires and the labor cost me $135 (50 deductible and something about a limit per incident).  On my recent trip to Key West, my buddy had a flat on the rear of his 03 Ultra he bought the bike used with the extended warranty.  Between his HOG membership and the extended warranty he paid a total of ZIP for the tow the tire and the replacement.  The dealer told him it was road hazard and "no charge".  Pretty good deal IMHO.  I need to check with him to see if they covered his hotel bill for the overnight we had to do.
2014 FLHTKSE Stardust Silver/Autumn Sunset
2013 FLHTCUSE8 Anniversary
2009 FLTRSE3 Orange/Black
2008 FLHTCUSE3 Anniversary
2003 FLHRCI Silver/Black

ridefar

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #53 on: March 12, 2006, 04:06:34 PM »

Yes, I bought it too. Just for the piece of mind, as I travel two up alot and surprizes can be expensive when an out of town dealer has "gotcha by the bummy". Wish I had known at the time that it can be purchased any dealer. I could have negotiated price. Oh well, I just can't seem to spend enough on this bike. My Original Factory Warranty runs out 3/26/06. Thats the date we did the paperwork. Did not pick it up until 2 monthes later. They are going with the paid on date and I don't have any say in the matter. Bike is going in 3/18 mostly for a wheel look over.

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• photobucket.com
« Reply #54 on: March 13, 2006, 11:41:39 AM »

Fatboy

• 1K CVO Member
  • "Orange Crush" 94Hp / 119Tq
« Reply #55 on: March 13, 2006, 01:09:40 PM »

JR,

I'd double check the extended warranty availability with another Harley dealer. Or call Club HOG for assistance.  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Fatboy

Fatboy

• 1K CVO Member
  • "Orange Crush" 94Hp / 119Tq
« Reply #56 on: March 28, 2006, 03:49:27 PM »

[smiley=banana.gif]*****Another Great Deal from Bengy's Harley Davidson***** [smiley=jalapeno.gif]

I just confirmed with Rick the F&I Manager at Bengy's Harley Davidson in Huntington, West Virginia that they will offer discounted "MOCO Extended Warranty's" similiar to the 20% off they offer on Parts & Accessories.  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

The actual discount may vary to some degree (a little more or a little less) depending upon: age of bike, current mileage, length of contract and other optional feature's of the coverage desired.

Contact him directly for details @ (304) 523-1340

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• photobucket.com
« Reply #57 on: March 28, 2006, 05:55:25 PM »

Thanks Fatboy! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

I will forward this information to my boss. Thanks again and God Bless!

« Last Edit: March 28, 2006, 05:56:10 PM by J.Rud »

just-us-6

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #58 on: March 28, 2006, 11:12:13 PM »

I bought a 04 seeg used recently, the original owner who I purchased it from had an extended warranty on the bike ( it is still within its factory original 2 years from in service date -- I believe) after the sale was finalized,  he wanted to know if I wanted to "buy" the remainder of the extended warranty for a $1000, which I felt should have probably been included in the original negotiated price of the motorcycle. I did not take him up on his offer, and I believe he was going to try to obtain a refund on the remaining time of the extended warranty rather than just transferring it to me. My question is this? Can I now go to my dealer and purchase a extended warranty for this bike and if so how long of a warranty can be purchased and does it have to be prior to the original warranty running out? Also do I have to purchase it at my dealer to have my dealer honor it or can I purchase somewere else and have it honored at my dealer?

Thanks Brad
2009 SERG Orange - Heavy breather, catless headpipe, fullsac 2.25", Cyclerama heads, T-man 625 cams, Chrome inner primary, diamond cut heads and cylinders, Hawgwired amp and speakers, Xenon Hid headlights, Led front turn signals, passenger foot boards and pegs moved to crash bars, chopped tour pack, remote alarm, Harley radar detector, SE Pro tuner, Cee Bailey Windshield, VPC clutch, front saddlebag guards, dash oil temp gauge, led spoilers for saddlebags and tourpack, reflectors removed!

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #59 on: March 29, 2006, 01:44:23 AM »

Can I now go to my dealer and purchase a extended warranty for this bike and if so how long of a warranty can be purchased and does it have to be prior to the original warranty running out? Also do I have to purchase it at my dealer to have my dealer honor it or can I purchase somewere else and have it honored at my dealer?Thanks Brad

You can buy a new extended warranty.  The cost with factory warranty still in place should be as if it were new.  At a minimum it would not be much more.  If you get the MoCo warranty it is good anywhere and can be purchased from any dealer.

Technically it may require an inspection, some dealers may play to the rules but your dealer may waive it if they service and know the bike.

Odds are the seller got all of his money back since the extended warranty hadn't actually started and he most likely never used any portion of it, in Washington you would get a full refund.  It may vary by state law but I doubt it.  Most people forget and never apply to get the refund or transfer it.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All

Page created in 0.32 seconds with 24 queries.