Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13

Author Topic: Instructions for the new GPS Interface Module  (Read 44351 times)

jhleighjr

• CVO1: 2008 Anniversary FLHTCUSE3 221/1800
Re: Instructions for the new GPS Interface Module
« Reply #60 on: August 09, 2010, 08:23:21 PM »

One of the guys on here has installed it with a Road Tech. He is experiencing the same problems. His isnt working either.

If anyone has installed the Navigation Interface Module and has it working please let us know. So far I have heard of noone getting it to work yet

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #61 on: August 09, 2010, 08:23:50 PM »

I'd read that and thought the same thing Gary.  It could be read either way.  And many will read it more widely to assume all audio is interrupted than will read it more narrowly and think think that only aux input is interrupted.  But that's not specifically what the document says. 

I'm afraid the device these guys are working with is doing just what it's supposed to.  Can't know for sure of course.  But multiple installs with identical results would at least suggest it. 

Some tech writer might have been intentionally vague to spur sales.  But it's more likely the writer wasn't all that familiar with what he was writing about and wrote something in line with information he was providing.  Doing that sort of thing intentionally only bites them in the ass when the products hit the street.

Hopefully it'll do more rather than less.  I'll keep my finger crossed.  But I'd not be surprised if it's doing all it's going to.
That and the vagueness of the specifications lead me to believe the same thing... oh and the guy writing the specs not being familiar w/the equipment.... would that be something like a MoCo exec that doesn't ride. :oops: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #62 on: August 09, 2010, 08:28:52 PM »

Question for those that have installed these so far...

In what setting/position are you putting your radio after this is installed to hear directions/music from your Zumo?

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #63 on: August 09, 2010, 08:33:15 PM »

Question for those that have installed these so far...

In what setting/position are you putting your radio after this is installed to hear directions/music from your Zumo?

Disregard that question... just read this post...

The notion that this harness and module is working as a rear aux input is not correct at all. it is not working as an aux input at all. you have to plug into the front aux input to get any noise at all from the zumo. Even with the unit in aux mide and the harness in place it still will not produc any noise if you are not pluggd in to the front aux port.
Steve you are correct we both have holes in our wallets with nothing to show except a nice set of wires to hang on the garage wall. I think mine needs to go on the tree of shame at the dragon, because it has turned into a wreck  and the MoCo should be ashamed of what they are selling us.

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Trey767

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #64 on: August 09, 2010, 09:00:22 PM »

Okay I just got in from my second bedroom( my kingdom) i.e garage. I tried everything I called HD and ask the tech, and they told me that it must work in all modes. I thought that I wasn't getting good sat signal, so I took her out got all the bars, and it only got voice in AUX. I went over, and over the instructions, to see if it was operator error. What gets me is that I was using cellset, and it worked as stated, I took it out and, went with the HD harness and this is what I get.  :soapbox:

For those who have experienced the joy, no explanation is necessary; for those who have not, no explanation is possible.

Hogtunes Front/Rear speakers
Fullsac 2.5 cores
J&M 250 Amp
Hawg Wired 6.5 lowers
Ride Time LED lights
Dakota digital dash gauges
Saddlebag extensions
Clearview windshield/vent
BigSky oil cooler fan
HD rear Envelope LED's
Zumo 665

Trey767

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #65 on: August 09, 2010, 09:02:04 PM »

Oh yeah, I'm using the HD road tech. My last update is 3.90, the reg. zumo just have the dealer locations.

For those who have experienced the joy, no explanation is necessary; for those who have not, no explanation is possible.

Fullsac 2.5 cores
J&M 250 Amp
Hawg Wired 6.5 lowers
Ride Time LED lights
Saddlebag extensions
BigSky oil cooler fan
HD rear Envelope LED's
Zumo 665

Trey767

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #66 on: August 09, 2010, 09:05:34 PM »

I'd read that and thought the same thing Gary.  It could be read either way.  And many will read it more widely to assume all audio is interrupted than will read it more narrowly and think think that only aux input is interrupted.  But that's not specifically what the document says. 

I'm afraid the device these guys are working with is doing just what it's supposed to.  Can't know for sure of course.  But multiple installs with identical results would at least suggest it. 

Some tech writer might have been intentionally vague to spur sales.  But it's more likely the writer wasn't all that familiar with what he was writing about and wrote something in line with information he was providing.  Doing that sort of thing intentionally only bites them in the ass when the products hit the street.

Hopefully it'll do more rather than less.  I'll keep my finger crossed.  But I'd not be surprised if it's doing all it's going to.
Twolane I hope you are not right, but the HD tech said that it's engineered to work in all modes

Fullsac 2.5 cores
J&M 250 Amp
Hawg Wired 6.5 lowers
Ride Time LED lights
Saddlebag extensions
BigSky oil cooler fan
HD rear Envelope LED's
Zumo 665

wenchal

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLTRU
    • CVO2: 2008 SEUC - SOLD
« Reply #67 on: August 09, 2010, 09:40:59 PM »

Wonder how it works on the 2011 SERG or Ultra?  Haven't seen any around my area yet but will be on the look out.  Dissapointing if it does not do as we thought. 

SteveFLHTK

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2013 Tri Glide

• CVO1: 2013 FLHTCUTG
« Reply #68 on: August 09, 2010, 09:51:42 PM »

I don't think it's on the SERG and it's definitely not on the SEUltra.

Trey767

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #69 on: August 09, 2010, 09:55:17 PM »

Wonder how it works on the 2011 SERG or Ultra?  Haven't seen any around my area yet but will be on the look out.  Dissapointing if it does not do as we thought. 
I agree, I'm going to call back HD tomorrow and give them the progress. I have a case number to fellow up on this issue.

Trey

Fullsac 2.5 cores
J&M 250 Amp
Hawg Wired 6.5 lowers
Ride Time LED lights
Saddlebag extensions
BigSky oil cooler fan
HD rear Envelope LED's
Zumo 665

wenchal

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLTRU
    • CVO2: 2008 SEUC - SOLD
« Reply #70 on: August 09, 2010, 10:17:43 PM »

Isn't this now stock on the new SE's with 660 to eleminate the front cables? 

jhleighjr

• CVO1: 2008 Anniversary FLHTCUSE3 221/1800
« Reply #71 on: August 09, 2010, 10:32:41 PM »

I disagree with the post that says that the interface isnt on the 2011 SE Ultra. It IS on the 2011 SE Ultra. Its the replacement of the jumper cable that was on the 2010 Black SE Ultra.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #72 on: August 09, 2010, 11:44:13 PM »

Twolane I hope you are not right, but the HD tech said that it's engineered to work in all modes

Trust me, I hope my impression of the device isn't right too.  Reading more of what y'all have written this evening it seems that at least one other user is experiencing the same thing though.  That's a three-fer.

Apparently it's doing even less than I'd initially thought it was also.  I thought you were at least getting the voice GPS prompts through the new rear inputs whether anything was hooked to the front aux input or not. And that this input was what was overriding whatever inputs were coming in from the front. 

The gentleman writing above, however, seemed to suggest that nothing was coming in from the rear.  Is that true?  Or is at least the audible GPS voice coming through whether anything is occupying the front aux port or not?

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #73 on: August 09, 2010, 11:50:01 PM »

Isn't this now stock on the new SE's with 660 to eleminate the front cables? 

The pics in the spec section for the CVO Ultras on the HD website don't show a patch cord in the front aux in the radio.  That's not definitive of course. But they showed the cord when it was needed on the prior model.

Trey767

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #74 on: August 10, 2010, 04:39:15 AM »

Trust me, I hope my impression of the device isn't right too.  Reading more of what y'all have written this evening it seems that at least one other user is experiencing the same thing though.  That's a three-fer.

Apparently it's doing even less than I'd initially thought it was also.  I thought you were at least getting the voice GPS prompts through the new rear inputs whether anything was hooked to the front aux input or not. And that this input was what was overriding whatever inputs were coming in from the front.  

The gentleman writing above, however, seemed to suggest that nothing was coming in from the rear.  Is that true?  Or is at least the audible GPS voice coming through whether anything is occupying the front aux port or not?
Twolanerider too clarify, I only get GPS interrupt or anything i.e touch screen tone from the 660 when I'm in the AUX. I only can play MP3 in the AUX mode. Now IAW the instructions the only reason you install the Y cable is to able you play media via the AUX mode. Now IAW the instructions I should only be able to play MP3 in the AUX mode; which is fine. Now if I choose to be in XM/FM, I would get GPS instructions through the the interrupt. With all this discussion one one dame NIM harness, I should have stayed with my aftermarket cellset that did what it said it would do. If I have purschased that Ipod/NIM harness kit, and had the same problem for 400 bucks; that would send me ( bang zoom Alice)
« Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 04:48:18 AM by Trey767 »

Fullsac 2.5 cores
J&M 250 Amp
Hawg Wired 6.5 lowers
Ride Time LED lights
Saddlebag extensions
BigSky oil cooler fan
HD rear Envelope LED's
Zumo 665
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13

Page created in 0.178 seconds with 24 queries.