Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Author Topic: From V-Twin lover to CVO Nightmare  (Read 10161 times)

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
Re: From V-Twin lover to CVO Nightmare
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2010, 05:47:25 PM »

Shift arm: reason to stay away from the dealer.
110 engine: reason to stay away from the MoCo.

If your only problem is the first one, there isn't much to talk about.  They obviously would not elevate something like that to even the district rep level, so it's your dealer that is screwing you.  If it's the second, and you have in fact been "by the side of the road in a pool of oil", then go ahead and rant - I'll listen.

Sounds like the first to me..if it's the second then I would have posted a big pic of the puddle under the motor! Or maybe post a pic of the dealer!!!

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2010, 06:34:12 PM »

Now that's even funnier. :huepfenlol2:

It does seem as though he left a part of the story out. :nixweiss:

As for peeling chrome............Harley has had that problem from time to time since the early 70s that I now of.  That problem got way out of hand on the 04 SEEGs but they did replace it all under warranty for all of us here. :2vrolijk_21:
You think Harley is Bad buy some of the aluminum parts from Kuryakyn and see how long it takes before they start to bubble and peel. 
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2010, 07:01:03 PM »

You think Harley is Bad buy some of the aluminum parts from Kuryakyn and see how long it takes before they start to bubble and peel. 

I had a set of chrome Jay brake pegs peel on me a few years back. When I called for warranty they asked if I rode near the ocean.

bknerr

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2010, 10:10:29 AM »

i am a fan of kuryakyn, have many of their parts on 3 bikes and had no problems. as have my friends.
1963 flh
1974 fxe

2003 flhrc
2008 flhtcuse3

skippy

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2010, 05:15:46 PM »

I have some kuryakyn turn signals for  at least 12 years and no trouble what so ever...

Keats

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do not be led astray

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: 2003 FXSTDSEI
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2010, 05:51:04 PM »

Welcome to the board,

I feel your pain and disappointment.
But I would not get to carried away with it.

A 36K bike should not have those issues and if it did should be taken care of by the dealer.

But I would not trash your  Harley because a $150. shift lever peeled chrome. You have a right to be mad but,

some of us had to deal with real problems like engines falling apart.

if this is the biggest issue that comes up consider yourself blessed and lucky.

I am not saying this is right, just reality.

Formally FLHTCUSE3
SoA #99.9            "Never say Die"
SEST,   open A/C , dyno tuned, D&D Fatcats 2 into 1 ceramic coated, new SE CNC Ported and coated Heads with 2.120 intake valve, SE camplate,
Jims SE Crank "Darkhorsed", Timkin conversion, Andrews 54H cams, Arnott Air shocks, intimidator front valves, HID headlights, LED turn signals, Moto Lights,  Zumo 550, SE compensator.

shortdog

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2010, 10:05:49 PM »

Well said, Keats!

jasel

« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2010, 12:34:03 PM »

I had forgotten I started this thread. Folks may be interested in a letter I sent to HD CEO & Pres. Keith wandell.

I started another blog to start posting pictures and info. I am an arrogant, obnoxious person, who believe that customer service in the US has disintegrated (try going into Sears and asking what a Phillips screwdriver is. See how many salespeople know that it doesn't have orange juice in it).

http://harleydefects.blogspot.com/

Feel free to add any issues you have had with your CVO and whether you were one of the intelligent people who bought from a dealer who backed up their product.

James

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2010, 12:46:10 PM »

I would be interested in seeing the response you get....

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2010, 01:30:09 PM »

I guess the first question I have is, if you in fact have $10,000 worth of defective chrome plated parts (I wasn't aware there was that much chrome on any Harley), and you have independent test results stating the stuff is defective and not damaged, why haven't you already sued the crap out of them in local, state, and federal courts for failure to honor the warranty?  If everything is as you represented it, it should be a slam dunk to win a lawsuit to cover all costs plus punitive damages as well.

To reach a figure of $10,000 I would assume that every chrome plated part on the bike would have to be defective, including things like wheels, fork covers, primary engine cover, other engine covers, all hand controls, foot controls and boards, etc.  I know Harley's quality tends to suck these days, but I also know that the odds of that many parts from multiple plating suppliers all being defective and managing to get installed on one single bike are probably very close to the odds of winning the Powerball lottery.  And I'm guessing that is why you're getting the bum's rush from the dealer and customer service; something doesn't seem to add up.  But if you can prove it, like I said before it should be a no brainer.  File suits in the appropriate jurisdictions and bust the dealer and the MoCo a new one.

Good luck.

Jerry

Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

GtreetSlide

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2010, 02:24:06 PM »

All I see is chrome peeling off the shifter???? Was this bike in a garage covered next to a dryer vent maybe??

jb

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2010, 03:07:04 PM »

I know Harley's quality tends to suck these days, but I also know that the odds of that many parts from multiple plating suppliers all being defective and managing to get installed on one single bike are probably very close to the odds of winning the Powerball lottery.  Jerry

OMG, Jerry's taking up for the Motor Company.
What's next, flying pigs?

:nervous:     :nervous:    :nervous:

SBB

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2010, 03:23:24 PM »

OMG, Jerry's taking up for the Motor Company.
What's next, flying pigs?

:nervous:     :nervous:    :nervous:

SBB

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2010, 03:41:00 PM »

;D  OK wise guys.  I didn't say Harley was worth a chit, I just mentioned that logic says you don't get $10,000 worth of bad chrome on one motorcycle if the only factor is supplier quality, especially when the parts come from several different suppliers.  Of course, I suppose the affected parts could have been exposed to some chemical contaminant that only affects chrome and powdercoat at some point after final assembly but prior to the customer taking possession, but I'm hard pressed to figure out what kind of substance would damage chrome and powdercoat but not affect the paint or the vinyl/leather seat or any of the other parts.

Regardless, under federal law it's Harley's responsibility to prove the parts aren't defective.  Considering the test results from the insurance company, it sounds like Harley will have a hard time proving their case, so the smart thing for them to do would be to inspect the bike and replace the appropriate parts.  Or they can go to court and risk having to pay many times more for lawyers, plaintiffs costs, actual repair costs, loss of value, and punitive damages for playing fast and loose with the warranty laws.  Considering the many stupid things they have done and continue to do as we speak, I'd guess they'll just try to blow him off and see if they get away with it.  Thus my recommendation, get a lawyer start the process.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #29 on: September 15, 2010, 03:43:32 PM »

I agree Jerry...it's a strange situation, but HD should stand by it or time to get a lawyer.....

But Chip said flying pigs and I couldn't resist :huepfenlol2:

Mike
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Page created in 0.169 seconds with 21 queries.