Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10  All

Author Topic: New EMS from Rev Performance  (Read 40837 times)

revperf

• Vendor
Re: New EMS from Rev Performance
« Reply #120 on: January 16, 2011, 03:36:34 PM »

Just a quick addendum to the above post.  You MUST get the bungs first before you send the pipes though.  The reason is that we get you to put the bungs against the pipes and trace around them where the O2 sensor goes.  That way when we weld them in we know that you have already confirmed that the sensor is not going to get into the head or frame or something else.  This is a biggie.

Brian

shanefromwa

« Reply #121 on: January 18, 2011, 02:37:31 AM »

Jenni got a call in very quick order.. She miss quoted the price and sent me a correction - actual cost is $560.. per Jenni about two mins ago..   :2vrolijk_21:

Please post or pm me her number! Someone?
Shane From Washington
2010 Road Glide Custom
Axtel 107 w/10.6-1 Compression, Pro Street Heads by Deweys, TMAN 590 Cams, D & D Boss Fatcat Exhaust, Revolution Performance EMS

2001 Screaming Eagle Roadglide
2004 Yamaha Roadstar Warrior

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #122 on: January 18, 2011, 02:42:46 AM »

Please post or pm me her number! Someone?

Quoting the response to the request in the other thread:

It's Jenni Sapyta at TriCounty Harley.  Email at jsapyta@aol.com or the dealership's phone is 513-874-4343.

shanefromwa

« Reply #123 on: January 18, 2011, 02:51:07 AM »

Quoting the response to the request in the other thread:

Damn that was quick! Thanks fellas!
Shane From Washington
2010 Road Glide Custom
Axtel 107 w/10.6-1 Compression, Pro Street Heads by Deweys, TMAN 590 Cams, D & D Boss Fatcat Exhaust, Revolution Performance EMS

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #124 on: January 18, 2011, 03:21:27 AM »

Got it installed yet :huepfenlol2: ?

cvobiker

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #125 on: January 18, 2011, 09:21:10 AM »

Shane,,

The $560 I posted last month is incorrect, actual cost after 20% discount is $639.96

shanefromwa

« Reply #126 on: January 24, 2011, 03:51:23 AM »

Appreciate the response fellas, my 2010 FLTRX is currently torn down and getting a fresh bore at 107 with axtell pistons, Deweys Street Pro Heads (compression will be at 10.6-1)  and TMAN 590 cams.  Will be using a D & D Fatcat as well.  My EMS should be here by the end of my build, can't wait to see the results!
Shane From Washington
2010 Road Glide Custom

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #127 on: January 24, 2011, 11:24:53 AM »

Appreciate the response fellas, my 2010 FLTRX is currently torn down and getting a fresh bore at 107 with axtell pistons, Deweys Street Pro Heads (compression will be at 10.6-1)  and TMAN 590 cams.  Will be using a D & D Fatcat as well.  My EMS should be here by the end of my build, can't wait to see the results!

Should run strong Shane.  Here's to miles of smiles when you get it back :drink: .

cvobiker

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #128 on: January 26, 2011, 09:17:47 AM »

I'm getting excited.  :carrot:  got my Jim's 131 along with my EMS package delivered all the same day. Sending the heads to Charlie today and the ECM to Rev Performance for calibratration. Two weeks away from feeling the cool breeze...  :drink: once again

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #129 on: January 26, 2011, 10:07:34 AM »

I'm getting excited.  :carrot:  got my Jim's 131 along with my EMS package delivered all the same day. Sending the heads to Charlie today and the ECM to Rev Performance for calibratration. Two weeks away from feeling the cool breeze...  :drink: once again

Is head work on the new engine all you're doing to it out of the crate?  Have read others saying the initial cams weren't ideal either.  I never ran the specs on one of those engines though so really had no idea how much was accurate and how much was a continued case of dollar-itis.

Two weeks more of withdrawal?  You gonna make it?

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #130 on: January 26, 2011, 10:12:47 AM »

Is head work on the new engine all you're doing to it out of the crate?  Have read others saying the initial cams weren't ideal either.  I never ran the specs on one of those engines though so really had no idea how much was accurate and how much was a continued case of dollar-itis.

The JIMS lifters don't have much of a reputation either....   :nixweiss:
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #131 on: January 26, 2011, 10:18:54 AM »

The JIMS lifters don't have much of a reputation either....   :nixweiss:

Oh yeah, didn't even think about that.  Also remember someone writing of problems with an overly small throttle body relative to the displacement.  But don't even know if those engines come with a TB or if that was a shop's choice.

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #132 on: January 26, 2011, 10:21:35 AM »

Oh yeah, didn't even think about that.  Also remember someone writing of problems with an overly small throttle body relative to the displacement.  But don't even know if those engines come with a TB or if that was a shop's choice.

Standard without... 

But I believe you can order them with a carb...
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

cvobiker

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #133 on: January 28, 2011, 01:10:07 PM »

Twolane,,, Last October I started a project to upgrade cams to a set of S&S 640 gear drive cams in my Jims 131, which i've had for a little over three years. Once i got the cam cavity opened up i checked the run-out and measured 14/1000's,, Not good  :nervous: . Since the motor was slightly over two years out of Jims warranty i called SB Charlie to arrange getting the motor to him for a complete rebuild. Charlie tells me that Jims had a run of bad cranks during the time i purchased the motor and suggest i contact them to see what they would do for me. To my surprise Jims said they would cover the rebuild at no expense, other than shipping cost and labor to install (which i did). Now that i have the motor back from Jim's, the heads are going out to Charlie for a CNC valve job and minor porting since the Jim's heads are already CNC ported. He will also set the heads up for the 640 camshaft. Along with the cam change I will be adding a Fueling oil pump, Fueling cam plate, Woods directional lifters and Smith Bro's push rods. If all goes as planned i should have this up and running by mid February, broke in and ready for our anual road trip to Death Valley in March. Sending the ECM off to Rev Performance today and looking forward to seeing how well she runs with this setup, which is a big relief since i dont have to hassle with a dyno tune.. The Death Valley trip will defiantly be a good road test for the EMS.. and your write up will help me get through this install.... more to come...   :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #134 on: January 28, 2011, 02:15:36 PM »

Sending the ECM off to Rev Performance today and looking forward to seeing how well she runs with this setup, which is a big relief since i dont have to hassle with a dyno tune.. The Death Valley trip will defiantly be a good road test for the EMS.. and your write up will help me get through this install.... more to come...   :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

A lot of hassle to get to a good place.  But it does sound like a good place is where you'll end up.  Nice improvements being done there.  If your experience with the EMS product continues what several have seen so far you'll be pleased.  Your circumstance is the type where an option like this can shine too.  Guy buttons up a nice engine build and just wants have it ready to ride.  No delays for dyno scheduling or lost time actually riding the engine break-in because you have to collect data logs on tedious runs to dial it in yourself. 

All the boring details notwithstanding; it's got to make an engine build a lot more fun.  You can look forward to just firing it up and riding it when you're done bolting things together and wiping off finger prints.  Those first hours on a new build when things often aren't tuned well can cause some tension.  Warranted or not it's a time that's not as much as it should be.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10  All

Page created in 0.165 seconds with 21 queries.