Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 24

Author Topic: 30T and HAPPY!  (Read 104062 times)

Chilly

• CVO1: 2010 se-ultra
    • CVO2: 2000 dyna convertible
    • CVO3: 89 ultra w/100 rev--tech and 79 flh w/sidecar
Re: 30T and HAPPY!
« Reply #75 on: April 18, 2011, 02:02:49 PM »

Well I ordered the pulley and belt a few weeks ago but they were on back order. Fullsac called and they came in. Being shipped out today. Hopefully
  here before, so I can install before weekend. Going to put pulley & belt on and test before installing my TTS. My brother Jerdawg wants to see what 
  difference each step makes.      Chilly

cahdbiker

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #76 on: April 23, 2011, 03:42:40 PM »

Hi Steve, I have your stage one kit with K&N high flow air filter and I am really happy with it on my 09 seuc. Also I don't have any issues with the stock gearing even with luggage and passenger, and I have been on some pretty long trips thru various twisty side roads and freeway.(Last one was from Simi Valley, CA. to Gordon Nebraska and back).I just don't understand why so  many people want to change their front pulley and belt. Maybe this has already been addressed, but don't you have to remove the swing arm when you change the belt? I had to do it on my Heritage, but I haven't seen it mentioned on this post, or maybe I just missed it. Things on my 09 will stay as they are for now(your fuel map is great), but if something breaks (knock on wood ) then I will upgrade to Andrews 54 cams and the thinner head gaskets. Thanks for your great customer service and telephone time. CAHDBIKER

The SE comp is on my list too with all the good reviews. I will switch to from the 31T (2.96) to the 30T (3.06) at the same time.
I ran really heavy on this last trip and seen some serious headwinds at elevation. Even with the 107" making over 100HP and 110TQ I was in 5th gear
for over a 100 miles during one stretch out side of Cheyene hitting 30-40 MPH winds on Interstate 80. Milage dropped to 30. :coolblue:

Steve

2009 SEUC just south of Point Mugu Ventura County, Ca.

moscooter

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #77 on: April 24, 2011, 08:43:05 AM »

:cherry:
CAHD....Out of curiosity,  it would be interesting to know just what or which model bike you had (before) the '09 you are now happy with (gearing-wise).

While I can't speak for all of us who want to gear down some,  I will tell ya in my case the difference between my '09 SE Ultra 110 and my last Harley, ('01 Road King Classic 95),  the (out of the hole) in low gear is significantly different.

Final (overall) gearing on the '01 was 3.37,  whereas the '09 final gearing is 2.87

The 30 tooth gear mentioned will bring the final ratio back up about 6.6% or ratio of 3.06.   A lot closer.

That will make getting an 850 pound plus HOG moving from a dead stop much easier and also make 6th gear more usable on the high end.

Can one manage OK with the stock gearing???  Yup,  I've done it too,  (2 up and loaded down) going to Sturgis across Nebraska and back.  Did many twisty, and tight roads up in the Black Hills and elsewhere but had to gear down toooooooooooooo many times as a result of gearing that is NOT as low as it should be (IMO).

In reality,  the 3.37 on the (FUEL INJECTED) models of a few yrs ago was in fact slightly lower than the carberated models were (gearing-wise).  According to a very reliable Harley source,  that was done to make the FI bikes perform as well as the Carbed bikes. :-\  True or not,   I got used to the John Deere "grunt" easy out of the hole gearing and quickly found out I did'nt like the slip the clutch and over rev to get moving that the '09 with over a 100 HP and torque still required.

Thats my story and I'm sticking to it. :2vrolijk_21:

Fullsac Performance

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Never ride with a Halfsac! Insist on Fullsac Perf!
    • AZ

• Fullsac Performance
« Reply #78 on: April 24, 2011, 11:17:20 AM »

Hi Steve, I have your stage one kit with K&N high flow air filter and I am really happy with it on my 09 seuc. Also I don't have any issues with the stock gearing even with luggage and passenger, and I have been on some pretty long trips thru various twisty side roads and freeway.(Last one was from Simi Valley, CA. to Gordon Nebraska and back).I just don't understand why so  many people want to change their front pulley and belt. Maybe this has already been addressed, but don't you have to remove the swing arm when you change the belt? I had to do it on my Heritage, but I haven't seen it mentioned on this post, or maybe I just missed it. Things on my 09 will stay as they are for now(your fuel map is great), but if something breaks (knock on wood ) then I will upgrade to Andrews 54 cams and the thinner head gaskets. Thanks for your great customer service and telephone time. CAHDBIKER

Hey CAHDBIKER
Glad your happy with my parts!
Yes, the swingarm must be removed to install the belt. Its no big deal. Only held in by one bolt, sorta. Why so many lowering the gearing?
Improved performance. Simple as that. The 3.06 gearing feels like you added 10 HP everytime you roll the throttle. If you roll heavy, you will like it.
I don't think I have ever heard of anyone that didnt like it? Even Hogmike likes it! He's hard to impress.

Steve George
Fullsac Performance.
Steve@fullsac.com  www.fullsac.com
Never argue with idiots. They will beat you with experience.

rheiner

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 120r motor Black Diamond/Crimson Tag Graphics
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Riptide Blue/Titanium Dust
« Reply #79 on: April 24, 2011, 09:55:03 PM »

does anyone know what the fuel econimy drops, if any, going to the 30T, on a road trip? With stock at 80 mph i'm running 3000 rpm. I assume with the 30T you are running 3300 or so rpm?

HOGMIKE

• 1K CVO Member
  • 65 FLH 93" + others
« Reply #80 on: April 25, 2011, 10:32:09 PM »

Hey CAHDBIKER
Glad your happy with my parts!
Yes, the swingarm must be removed to install the belt. Its no big deal. Only held in by one bolt, sorta. Why so many lowering the gearing?
Improved performance. Simple as that. The 3.06 gearing feels like you added 10 HP everytime you roll the throttle. If you roll heavy, you will like it.
I don't think I have ever heard of anyone that didnt like it? Even Hogmike likes it! He's hard to impress.

Steve George
Fullsac Performance.

HUH? Who, me?
I got invited to Laughlin River Run this week, guess I'll blow off most of the parties and come down to harass you again!
 8)
HOGMIKE

Fullsac Performance

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
    • AZ

• Fullsac Performance
« Reply #81 on: April 26, 2011, 01:52:22 AM »

HUH? Who, me?
I got invited to Laughlin River Run this week, guess I'll blow off most of the parties and come down to harass you again!
 8)
We will have product displayed at the Riverside Resort, far north end of the strip.
Harass me at about 5 pm with a couple of beers!

Steve

Fullsac Performance

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
    • AZ

• Fullsac Performance
« Reply #82 on: April 26, 2011, 01:56:32 AM »

does anyone know what the fuel economy drops, if any, going to the 30T, on a road trip? With stock at 80 mph i'm running 3000 rpm. I assume with the 30T you are running 3300 or so rpm?

At 80 mph, your fuel milage will remain the same, not very good. Lol.. 3250 RPM at 80 mph, you nailed it.

Steve

timtoolman

• never enough torque!!!!!!!
  • Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: Hillside Stg 4 117, S&S 66 T.B. Woods 400-6, Rush 2-1 Wrath
« Reply #83 on: April 26, 2011, 07:49:05 PM »

Im sure i lost a little economy  cruising  ????,   but my tts  fixed  that some.  in the closed loop bios table ,  but I do know,  I don't down shift hardly at all, I lost very little any if you figure  that in averaging things out.   That "just turn the throttle"  works great,   no higher rpms  downshifting  to pass anymore, Here in central Pa. in the mountains  is soooo nice,    but then a stg 4 107  you have a tendency to keeeeeeep on going,  Im getting 42 mpg   now.  But when you do downshift with a 30 pulley  WOW!!!!     I did the S.E. compensator at the same time also,  So with both pulling out in 1st  is much much nicer
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 07:59:10 PM by timtoolman »

Krazze

« Reply #84 on: May 01, 2011, 05:55:52 PM »

Just broke my BDL-SPC-139-1 Falcon. Is there a stronger belt out there 2010 FLHXSE would a Gates work better?
Krazze

moscooter

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #85 on: May 01, 2011, 07:04:09 PM »

Well,  the damn 30T (tri-glide) sprocket has been on back order for many weeks.  Finally,  mine showed up and I'm now waiting for the swap out to better gearing.   I took note on the way to the dealers,  that while in 5th gear,  at 60 MPH,  I was taching about 2600 RPMs.

When I get it back,   I'll do a compare at 2600 RPMs and see what speed shows up. :nixweiss: 

16HD117

• When I was fifteen I wanted to be older. This is not what I expected!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • AKA 04hd103,AKA 07hd110,AKA 11hd110,AKA 16hd110
« Reply #86 on: May 02, 2011, 09:30:27 AM »

Well,  the damn 30T (tri-glide) sprocket has been on back order for many weeks Finally,  mine showed up and I'm now waiting for the swap out to better gearing.   I took note on the way to the dealers,  that while in 5th gear,  at 60 MPH,  I was taching about 2600 RPMs.

When I get it back,   I'll do a compare at 2600 RPMs and see what speed shows up. :nixweiss: 

Mines still on backorder!
 :(

Life's journey is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out shouting Holy Chit......... What a Ride!

RayG

• "What the hell was I thinking?"
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FLHRSE4
« Reply #87 on: May 02, 2011, 12:43:34 PM »

Hey Krazze,

You may want to consider contacting a high performance indy shop that carries parts from a number of vendors to get the best belt for your bike, they should be able to tell you what works best especially for higher Hp bikes.  I just did the 30T sprocket and 135T belt and frankly I don't want to put another belt on for quite some time.  I had to borrow tools from a number of people to get the job done.  The improvement is everything people on this site rave about but doing it yourself proved to be challenging for me anyway.  Since Steve was out of sprockets and belts at the time I ended up using the Andrews sprocket and a Drag belt.  I hope this hold up, but I did had to tighten the belt after 100 miles or so.

Please let us know how you make out on your belt issue.

Good Luck

Ray G.  

JZ3

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE (Candy Concord)
« Reply #88 on: May 03, 2011, 02:30:48 PM »

Krazze,

I installed the same Falcon belt when I installed the 30t sprocket with no problems to date. A couple questions....how many miles on the belt? After initial install did you check/re-tighten the belt after the first 100miles....and then again after the next 500-1000miles. A brand new belt will stretch and needs to seat properly after initial install.  If not, the slack in the belt could be the cause of it snapping.  Just strange that a carbon-fiber reinforced belt would give out if this mod was recently accomplished and properly installed.

moscooter

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #89 on: May 03, 2011, 07:38:23 PM »

Jz3 is on the right track according to this commentary............(note the very last line....."tricks of the trade")

http://www.nightrider.com/biketech/hdbeltdrive.htm
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 07:40:07 PM by moscooter »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 24

Page created in 0.182 seconds with 21 queries.