Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: I need a CVO owners opinion  (Read 2917 times)

2006_RoadGlide

• FLHRSEI.ORG
I need a CVO owners opinion
« on: March 10, 2006, 08:11:53 AM »

A riding buddy of mine decided to sell his 2002 Road King on EBay. Please go to EBay and check item #4617014064 and you tell me if there is anything that would make you think it is an FLHRSEI and not a regular FLHR.
The reason I'm doing this is because the guy that was the winning bidder is trying to back out of the deal because he thought he was buying a Screamin Eagle. No where in the ad does it mention CVO, Screamin Eagle or FLHRSEI. Now I do realize that it has the limited edition paint set that is in Purple and Silver Flames but even that is not the same flame pattern that is used on the FLHRSEI. He has the motor listed as a 1450, not a 1550, he has the VIN listed so the bidder could check it out. The bike was listed for 7 days so he had plenty of time to email and ask. The bike sold for $13,000, about 1500 less than NADA and about 5000 less than a FLHRSEI. I would have thought that that would have given him a clue too.
Anyway, this guy screwed the pooch and is now trying to back out.
The higher your expectations, the fewer your options.

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
Re: I need a CVO owners opinion
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2006, 08:32:52 AM »

Here's a link: Click HERE[/u]

I don't think your friend misrpresented the bike, if that's what you're asking.  Like you mention, nothing in the title of the auction or the description talks about "CVO," "FLHRSEI," or even "Screamin' Eagle," which at times can come across as misleading when people are describing the modifications to the motors on their bikes.  Even the photo, while at first glance may appear to be a purple/silver-flamed FLHRSEI, has plenty of clear indications that this is not a CVO bike, such as the wire wheels, front fender extension, black motor, etc.

The guy who has the winning bid has a fairly large feedback number, all positive.  If your friend is happy with the amount of the winning bid, if I was him, I would definitely make the high bidder stick to the deal, or risk the negative feedback and other repercussions.

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2006, 08:33:07 AM »

regular ol RK, thats not even close to the paint on an SERK, motor is balck has fender trim in front and back, wrong rims. and on and on and on
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2006, 09:13:04 AM »

Didn't fool me just a plain jane FLHR with nice paint.  I would hold the guy to the deal.
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2006, 09:37:57 AM »

There is nothing in the ad that says or shows SE to me. What I find that is hard to believe is that a guy (buyer) with that large of positive feedback would buy something of this price range from a fellow selling with no feedback and from one picture.  I think the buyer just changed his mind-not right.  Know your facts/intentions before bidding.  Hold him to the sale.

VANAMAL

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SESG
    • CVO2: 2005 seeg banana
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2006, 09:50:11 AM »

if the guy flakes out contact the next highest bidder and see if he would like the bike.you also have to contact ebay and report the guy as a non paying bidder to avoid ebay fees

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2006, 09:56:57 AM »

I've got to agree with the others, Hold the guy to his bid. There's no mention of an SE bike and it does not even look like one.

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2006, 10:36:43 AM »

Nothing wrong with the description,  he even included the VIN number in the post.   The guy is just trying to flake.  He can start the process with ebay and they will help come to a conclusion (probably with your buddy taking it in the shorts), but he can also flame him on feedback so others won't do business with the flake.
Sorry to hear about this one.....

_Beagle
What ever it is that somebody did that you didn't want done.....................I either did it or had something to do with it!!!

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2006, 10:49:13 AM »

Hold 'em to it.  The buyer is no rookie.  298 deal ratings and all are positive.

Typical of some dick cruising ebay for the deal of the century and out foxing himself.

May as well make him pay and teach him the old lesson we all know so well;
« Last Edit: March 10, 2006, 10:53:41 AM by Rjob749 »

SEULTRA

• 1K CVO Member
  • It's all about riding ...
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2006, 11:59:26 AM »

A riding buddy of mine decided to sell his 2002 Road King on EBay. Please go to EBay and check item #4617014064 and you tell me if there is anything that would make you think it is an FLHRSEI and not a regular FLHR.
The reason I'm doing this is because the guy that was the winning bidder is trying to back out of the deal because he thought he was buying a Screamin Eagle. No where in the ad does it mention CVO, Screamin Eagle or FLHRSEI. Now I do realize that it has the limited edition paint set that is in Purple and Silver Flames but even that is not the same flame pattern that is used on the FLHRSEI. He has the motor listed as a 1450, not a 1550, he has the VIN listed so the bidder could check it out. The bike was listed for 7 days so he had plenty of time to email and ask. The bike sold for $13,000, about 1500 less than NADA and about 5000 less than a FLHRSEI. I would have thought that that would have given him a clue too.
Anyway, this guy screwed the pooch and is now trying to back out.

Actually, I think the guy got a good deal. Beautiful RK. Hold him to the bid!!

Hilts

• O.K. &nbsp; Yeah &nbsp; Whatever
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2006, 12:43:51 PM »

I agree with the posts indicating your friend should hold him to the bid.

2006_RoadGlide

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2006, 01:19:10 PM »

Thank You to everyone that has posted. I felt my buddy did nothing wrong either but I wanted some experienced CVO owner opinions. We are trying to make him pay for it but I doubt that he will. He said in one of his first emails that he was a "collector" of special edition and vintage bikes and had been looking for a Screamin Eagle. This was after he won the bike. We've tried to convince him that he is still getting one heck of a deal. He should follow through with the purchase and then he can resell it when he gets home and still make a profit.
We plan on filing non-paying bidder dispute then probably negative feedback.
Thanks again.
The higher your expectations, the fewer your options.

Screamin

• 5k CVO Member
  • Number 641

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2 Cherry
    • CVO2: 2019 Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2006, 05:53:01 PM »

I'm w/ the rest. No mis-representation here.

Grover

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2006, 06:24:32 PM »

If he is a "collector" he obviously doesn't have a keen eye for collectable bikes. First glance and I knew it wasn't a cvo.

Rjobs comment is right on the money.

Stick it to him!

Grover

cigarmike

« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2006, 06:52:41 PM »

ALL bikes should be a CVO...therefore, guilty as charged...

hehe, sorry, just kidding, thats why I hate E-Bay.
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.163 seconds with 20 queries.