Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Author Topic: What color  (Read 7962 times)

slotbike

• Full CVO Member
Re: What color
« Reply #30 on: December 29, 2010, 04:07:06 PM »

Slotbike, any idea what treatment/process the blacked out parts go through? Do you think the Black coating lasts? I know they did this motor color on last years Ultra Classic CVO as well.

Lucky88,

Yup, no problem on this one :)  The "blacked out" parts will be powder coated, which is exactly what Harley (and everyone else) does on any of their black parts.  As far as the heat shields and mufflers, I am going to have them ceramic coated, which is a stronger, higher temp rated coating.  A lot of powder coater's do ceramic coating.  I intend on doing a fullsac header pipe and their largest baffles and ceramic coating the mufflers and heat shields Gloss black to match the gloss black powder coated engine parts.  Should look good!  :cucumber:

Glenn

TIF2

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2019 FLTRXSE
    • CVO2: 2011 FLHXSE2 - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2006 FLSTFSE2 - SOLD
« Reply #31 on: December 29, 2010, 04:34:43 PM »

I intend on doing a fullsac header pipe and their largest baffles and ceramic coating the mufflers and heat shields Gloss black to match the gloss black powder coated engine parts.  Should look good!  :cucumber:

Unfortunately ... you can't do Hi-Temp ceramic in "Gloss" - at best it will be a "satin" type appearance and I've only seen that from Jet-Hot. I would question the durability and temp resistance of any cramic coating in hi-gloss black.

Just sayin' ...
TIF2
I've never learned a single thing while I was talking - Will Rogers

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #32 on: December 29, 2010, 04:39:08 PM »

Lucky88,

Yup, no problem on this one :)  The "blacked out" parts will be powder coated, which is exactly what Harley (and everyone else) does on any of their black parts.  As far as the heat shields and mufflers, I am going to have them ceramic coated, which is a stronger, higher temp rated coating.  A lot of powder coater's do ceramic coating.  I intend on doing a fullsac header pipe and their largest baffles and ceramic coating the mufflers and heat shields Gloss black to match the gloss black powder coated engine parts.  Should look good!  :cucumber:

Glenn
Should look real good!! :bigok:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

slotbike

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #33 on: December 29, 2010, 05:43:36 PM »

Unfortunately ... you can't do Hi-Temp ceramic in "Gloss" - at best it will be a "satin" type appearance and I've only seen that from Jet-Hot. I would question the durability and temp resistance of any cramic coating in hi-gloss black.

Just sayin' ...

Tif,

My shop says they can do it.....we'll see! Satin or Matte is fine also but, I am going to do the gloss and see.  Worst case scenario is it has to be redone.  For $100.00, it is a fraction of the cost of an exhaust system.

G

Rogzy

• Rogzy
  • Full CVO Member
« Reply #34 on: January 04, 2011, 06:08:45 AM »

I like the Green, but don't like the Blacked out Motor.   :nixweiss:

+1 on that. I feel the glossy black will be very vulnerable to scratches. Plus, personally I dont think I can look at that green for long. :-\
Four Wheels move the body. Two Wheels move the Soul

SG Racer

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG2, Black Diamond/ Inferno Orange
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG, Cherry
« Reply #35 on: January 04, 2011, 10:14:41 AM »

I got the orange and black. You will have to see any one of them in person to really get the full effect. Good luck.
D&D Fat Cat W/Ghost pipe
Custom leather seat
12" Yaffe Monkey Bagger Bars
SEPST
93Hp, 116Tq

slotbike

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #36 on: January 04, 2011, 09:17:17 PM »

+1 on that. I feel the glossy black will be very vulnerable to scratches. Plus, personally I dont think I can look at that green for long. :-\

Rogzy,

You don't really think that I (or anyone else for that matter) on this forum really cares what you personally think of another members bike color, OR DO YOU?  I haven't seen anyone here telling you that the color of your bike is gross and disgusting, have you? I happen to think your bike color is awesome.......I just want a green one!  I have bought 6 Harley's between the 09 and 10 model years alone and only get what "I" like.  I could care less what someone else likes.  I take great offense to your comments and think anyone else, regardless of the color of their bike, should also. Just "my" 2 cents worth! (AND HERE IS A PIC OF WHAT "MY" BIKE IS GONNA LOOK LIKE!) BTW, I was at the Harley Dealer Show in July (and will be there in February too) and sat on every CVO Streetglide, all colors! They are all nice.....I just want the Green one!

G
« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 09:20:33 PM by slotbike »

Lucky88

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 SESG Spiced Rum
    • CVO2: 2011 SESG Kryptonite/Black Diamond
    • CVO3: 2011.5 SEUC Twilight Blue/Candy Cobalt
« Reply #37 on: January 04, 2011, 11:02:55 PM »

Slotbike

I'm just curious why the MoCo decided to do the black out on the green one only. I really liked the combo. I missed out on the 2010 mid year CVO Ultra that was blacked out. Here's another chance for me. I still remembered when the Kryptonite rolled up on stage at the Summer Dealer Meet, man it was heartpounding, love at first sight.  :cucumber:
2004 Honda RVT1000-(RC51) still in crate
2004 BMW K1200RS - Go anywhere bike
2006 BMW GS Adventure special edition -still in crate
2009 BMW HP2 Sport  #1-w/ABS- still in crate
2010 CVO SESG- Spiced Rum- wants to come out to play
2011 BMW HP2 Sport - Waiting for a Motorsport Edition-wishful thinking
2011 CVO SESG- Kryptonite- Finally arrived 2-21-11
2011.5 CVO Ultra Classic- Blue or Red? ...BLUE! arrived 3-28-11

slotbike

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #38 on: January 05, 2011, 08:06:04 AM »

Slotbike

I'm just curious why the MoCo decided to do the black out on the green one only. I really liked the combo. I missed out on the 2010 mid year CVO Ultra that was blacked out. Here's another chance for me. I still remembered when the Kryptonite rolled up on stage at the Summer Dealer Meet, man it was heartpounding, love at first sight.  :cucumber:

Lucky88,

If you mean the motor, I guess it was just because someone decided to do something different on the Krypto/Green model.....just to differentiate it from the rest.  If you are talking about the picture that I posted, it is a photoshopped picture of what I plan on doing to mine when I get it.

G

FLHXSE2

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 BLK/OR
« Reply #39 on: January 05, 2011, 08:22:37 AM »

Rogzy,

You don't really think that I (or anyone else for that matter) on this forum really cares what you personally think of another members bike color, OR DO YOU?  I haven't seen anyone here telling you that the color of your bike is gross and disgusting, have you? I happen to think your bike color is awesome.......I just want a green one!  I have bought 6 Harley's between the 09 and 10 model years alone and only get what "I" like.  I could care less what someone else likes.  I take great offense to your comments and think anyone else, regardless of the color of their bike, should also. Just "my" 2 cents worth! (AND HERE IS A PIC OF WHAT "MY" BIKE IS GONNA LOOK LIKE!) BTW, I was at the Harley Dealer Show in July (and will be there in February too) and sat on every CVO Streetglide, all colors! They are all nice.....I just want the Green one!

G

I don't take any offense at what Rogzy wrote and think the reason for the forum is opinions and information. Where did the "gross / disgusting" part come in, did I miss something?

Rogzy

• Rogzy
  • Full CVO Member
What color
« Reply #40 on: January 05, 2011, 09:14:18 AM »

Rogzy,

You don't really think that I (or anyone else for that matter) on this forum really cares what you personally think of another members bike color, OR DO YOU?  I haven't seen anyone here telling you that the color of your bike is gross and disgusting, have you? I happen to think your bike color is awesome.......I just want a green one!  I have bought 6 Harley's between the 09 and 10 model years alone and only get what "I" like.  I could care less what someone else likes.  I take great offense to your comments and think anyone else, regardless of the color of their bike, should also. Just "my" 2 cents worth! (AND HERE IS A PIC OF WHAT "MY" BIKE IS GONNA LOOK LIKE!) BTW, I was at the Harley Dealer Show in July (and will be there in February too) and sat on every CVO Streetglide, all colors! They are all nice.....I just want the Green one!

G

Slotbike,

My answer is directed to Retro. He asked for our opinions and this is what I think everyone is giving. I don't see how my answer to Retro offended you and i don't actually care if it did. And yes I think that my answer and every other polite answer to Retro's question should matter coz otherwise there is no reason for Retro to post a question in first place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Four Wheels move the body. Two Wheels move the Soul

Beemer

• Elite CVO Member
  • USAF CMSgt (Ret)

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Electric Orange/Vivid Black
    • CVO2: 2015 FLTRUSE Autumn Haze/Carbon Dust
« Reply #41 on: January 06, 2011, 01:38:18 PM »

Slotbike,

If you're offended that much by Rogzy's honest opinion on the green, then I'm glad you didn't order the CVO Road Glide in Frosted Ivory/Vintage Gold...they've really been having a field day with that one!  They've called it everything from turd-glide to less "offensive" things.  No one over there has blown a gasket...

...just sayin

Beemer

• Elite CVO Member
  • USAF CMSgt (Ret)

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Electric Orange/Vivid Black
    • CVO2: 2015 FLTRUSE Autumn Haze/Carbon Dust
« Reply #42 on: January 07, 2011, 01:03:50 PM »

For me, I love black and orange but I wish the 2011 O/B SESG had the colors reversed with the black on the bottom...like the green one.  I like the black motor but I also like the CVO grey.  The only ones I don't like very much are the natural finish ones...they tend to stain easily. 

slotbike

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #43 on: January 07, 2011, 04:38:32 PM »

Beemer,

That's pretty funny because I actually would have preferred the Green and Black one to be reversed like yours :)

SB

Dryer

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #44 on: January 07, 2011, 05:18:04 PM »

Would have for sure considered the black and orange if it was painted with the orange on the top like the green.  But I think I'll be happy with the green. I loved the green when I saw it in person. Wish it had chrome wheels like the orange bike
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Page created in 0.181 seconds with 21 queries.