Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: The dealer is suggesting me to install.....  (Read 8976 times)

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: '20 FLHTCUTGSE Trike CVO
The dealer is suggesting me to install.....
« on: December 21, 2010, 04:03:39 PM »

27548-10A SCREAMIN' EAGLE PRO 110 PERFORMANCE UPGRADE KIT and
16925-08 SCREAMIN' EAGLE PRO MAXIMUM VELOCITY AREA (MVA) CYLINDER HEADS - CNC PORTED

to achieve more Hp and more Torque in my FLHXSE2. The bike has the Hi-output V&H mufflers installed. It haven't been in the Dyno yet and not tuner have been installed.

Is it worth to spend over $3K for this upgrade? Any recommendations or suggestions? Will the numbers be increased?

Thanks,

Jorge

BUCKNUT GREG

• BUCKNUT
  • 1K CVO Member
    • OH

Re: The dealer is suggesting me to install.....
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2010, 04:20:06 PM »

Mi Amigo:  Call Steve at Fullsac hell tell you what you need to hear. :bananarock:

DICKW

• 1K CVO Member
  • If you ain't Riding..You ain't living
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2010, 04:21:19 PM »

Mi Amigo:  Call Steve at Fullsac hell tell you what you need to hear. :bananarock:
+1 He'll set you straight.  :2vrolijk_21:
2009 Screaming Eagle Electra Glide Ultra Classic, Hawg Wired, KW 10.5, 2" Pull Back Handlebars, Dakota Digital, V&H Power Dual w/ Monster Ovals (Black Tips),
SE Air Cleaner, Zippers 575 Cams, Zippers Adjustable Push-rods, Fueling Lifters,
Thunder-Max Auto Tune, SE Compensator, Legend Air Suspension.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2010, 04:28:31 PM »

For a whole lot less money, good numbers and keep reliability..........  http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=44545.0

Fullsac baffles, TTS tuner, Fueling 574 and dyno tuned.  I'm very happy with what I have and many other Nor Cal members have done the same thing since. :2vrolijk_21:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

HD Street Performance

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2010, 04:54:45 PM »

Skip the changes
Change the cam and get it tuned properly. You will like the bike a lot better and it will last a lot longer cooler.

LarryB

• Tennessee Squire
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 FLTRSE3 The Grey Ghost
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2010, 04:57:49 PM »

jorge, from experience, the upgrade kit is the szhits. the MVA heads will perform
Take it Easy Greasy Cuz it's a long walk home.

Did I shave my head for this?

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2010, 05:04:25 PM »

For a whole lot less money, good numbers and keep reliability..........  http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=44545.0

Fullsac baffles, TTS tuner, Fueling 574 and dyno tuned.  I'm very happy with what I have and many other Nor Cal members have done the same thing since. :2vrolijk_21:

You are lucky mi amigo JC in having Jim closer........

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2010, 05:06:39 PM »

I have the Hi-output V&H & true duals installed and I don't want to be changed....thanks anyway.....

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2010, 05:07:47 PM »

Skip the changes
Change the cam and get it tuned properly. You will like the bike a lot better and it will last a lot longer cooler.

To what cam mi amigo?

Wheelsnkeels

• Freedom isnt free Thank a Vet!
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Indiana Patriot Guard Riders

• CVO1: 2010 SESG Tequila Sunrise
    • CVO2: 2007 Heritage Custom (not CVO) too much chrome
    • CVO3: 2006 Heritage Classic (overinvested in mods ?)
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2010, 05:17:13 PM »

+1 Mi Amigo I orederd the parts from Jim and had a local Independent shop install them and the TTS Map Jim supplied the results are splendid.

The Dyno comparisons I've seen on the dealer proposed upgrades produce similar numbers at a much higher expense. Also raising the compression buys you nothing except a higher sensitivity to pump fuel.
My .02 cents
RC Components Savage  200/55/17 Rear 140/70/21 front
Corbin Dual Tour (Heated)
Street Magic LED's
TTS Mastertune
Fueling 574 Cams & Lifters
SE Adjustable pushrods
Progressive Mono Tubes
Hog Tunes Hog Pods
J&M 7.25 Speakers w/250W Amp
Kuryakyn 9182 License plate frame
Vance & Hines Power Dual's
BUB Boom Cans slip on Exhaust 
Detach Tequila King Tour Pak
Rumble passenger Floorboards
Freedom Shield 7"
Riders Claw Iphone

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2010, 05:38:47 PM »

+1 Mi Amigo I orederd the parts from Jim and had a local Independent shop install them and the TTS Map Jim supplied the results are splendid.

The Dyno comparisons I've seen on the dealer proposed upgrades produce similar numbers at a much higher expense. Also raising the compression buys you nothing except a higher sensitivity to pump fuel.
My .02 cents

Thanks Mark but I am concern about the warranty.....if the changes are installed by an independent shop.

HD Street Performance

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2010, 06:16:19 PM »

http://www.docsperformancetuning.com/
Get a hold of Doc
He will help you.

Don't change those heads yours are not that bad. A Wood cam and tune and your bike will not be the same. You can go further if you are chasing numbers but the cost will go up exponentially and the result will not.
If you get into head work changing the guides is mandatory and the guides in the MVA heads are still the cast iron junk guides (I should clarify cast iron and the chrome plated valve stems paired) that caused seizures in the earlier heads.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2010, 06:21:43 PM by Deweysheads »

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2010, 06:19:24 PM »

Thanks Mark but I am concern about the warranty.....if the changes are installed by an independent shop.

Performance work done by an independent (Jim) has never came into question on any of the warranty work that I've had done at the dealerships (several).  Just had the compesator replaced on my 10 SESG under warranty.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2010, 09:16:36 PM »

Your warranty is gone when you change the parts regardless of who does it. Even the SE catalogue states this. The installing dealer may cover any failures but that is it.

To answer your original question I would not spend the money on this kit. You have good heads now and with a cam change and proper tune your bike will perfom much much better. I just did another Fueling 574 cam in a 10 FLHXSE and the numbers were 116HP and 118TQ. This is better than the previous 574 cam changes as on this one I changed the head gaskets to the Cometic .030". The slight bump in compression (about .4) really makes this cam come alive and will not cuase any issues with pinging or reliability.

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2010, 09:48:22 AM »

Your warranty is gone when you change the parts regardless of who does it. Even the SE catalogue states this. The installing dealer may cover any failures but that is it.

To answer your original question I would not spend the money on this kit. You have good heads now and with a cam change and proper tune your bike will perfom much much better. I just did another Fueling 574 cam in a 10 FLHXSE and the numbers were 116HP and 118TQ. This is better than the previous 574 cam changes as on this one I changed the head gaskets to the Cometic .030". The slight bump in compression (about .4) really makes this cam come alive and will not cuase any issues with pinging or reliability.

Thanks mi amigo Jim for your advise....I would wish to be around there.......Can you please give me more info about the Fueling 574?
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.163 seconds with 20 queries.