Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15

Author Topic: Install of the Revolution Performance EMS Tuning Kit on the 05 SEEG  (Read 43929 times)

cvobiker

• 2.5K CVO Member
Re: Don's install of Rev Per EMS
« Reply #45 on: January 15, 2011, 12:09:31 PM »

Don, just read through your essay on this project and the results.  Most impressive - both the product and your write up.  So good in fact that I did not want to 'reply' to your post but rather start a new one to comment.  I would suggest you have the mods lock down your post so we can save it for future reference and if need be you can update it.

Regards,

Jerry

Good idea,,,,, x2 !!!!! :2vrolijk_21:

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: Install of the Revolution Performance EMS Tuning Kit on the 05 SEEG
« Reply #46 on: January 15, 2011, 12:18:48 PM »

WOW,,,,all that work in your write up deserves a free trial,, good job   :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: I hope Bryan took care of you    ;)

The shop signed up as a member here and offered all the CVO clan a discount.  So we're doing ok. 

Some of these more detailed install things we've done over the years we really do for or own group though.  We're such a varied bunch that a little extra detail can remove enough apprehension to push a guy over the edge and make him try something himself that he'd otherwise not have enjoyed doing.  So we often get out and ride together it's worthwhile to help a riding buddy out with a process I kind of enjoy doing anyway.

cvobiker

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #47 on: January 15, 2011, 12:29:03 PM »

The shop signed up as a member here and offered all the CVO clan a discount.  So we're doing ok. 

Some of these more detailed install things we've done over the years we really do for or own group though.  We're such a varied bunch that a little extra detail can remove enough apprehension to push a guy over the edge and make him try something himself that he'd otherwise not have enjoyed doing.  So we often get out and ride together it's worthwhile to help a riding buddy out with a process I kind of enjoy doing anyway.

Discount to CVO Harley members??? I missed that,, what is it? How do we cash in on it??

HD Street Performance

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #48 on: January 15, 2011, 12:39:04 PM »

Don
What a great write-up! I installed the unit on my 07 which was a little easier and I was extremely skeptical. I had the exact same result. I found myself riding down the road in disbelief but have come into acceptance. We as "technologists" are so programed and beat down by all of this tuning junk, at least speaking for myself, that this product is a breath of fresh air and a relief. There are some things I just do not want to learn and tuning is one of them. There is peace and less stress so we can ride and enjoy the bikes.  Tuning is a concern and the best of tools require a "road tune" which was not going to happen on my bike (too dangerous IMO) or a great tuner to dial it in, I have that, but he is not too accessable.
When I sell heads this will be a natural part to include as then I can be assured the owners have a safe (motor safety) good result. There are the masochists that will keep doing what they do and that's OK just not my deal. I got fed up with it all. Being "fed up" drives purchasing decisions too.
Thanks again Don

WVULTRA

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #49 on: January 15, 2011, 12:39:48 PM »

Discount to CVO Harley members??? I missed that,, what is it? How do we cash in on it??

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=56893.0

:2vrolijk_21:
'07 Ultra Classic
Axtell Mountain Motor 107" 
Baisley Stage II Heads
HPI 48 Conversion TB
SE Intake w/Zippers Max-Flow
Rinehart Tru Duals
TTS MasterTune
'08 Brembo Conversion

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #50 on: January 15, 2011, 01:25:18 PM »

Back in the vendor section it's mentioned.  Just tell them you're from CVO when you call.  Jim (HD-Dude) is one of their vendors and discounts to us also.  The parts are in the Drag book so the stores that discount Drag numbers are options also.  RevPerf or Jim have to strong considerations though.  If someone runs in to a hiccough you know you can call either one for help.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #51 on: January 15, 2011, 01:38:09 PM »

Don
What a great write-up! I installed the unit on my 07 which was a little easier and I was extremely skeptical. I had the exact same result. I found myself riding down the road in disbelief but have come into acceptance. We as "technologists" are so programed and beat down by all of this tuning junk, at least speaking for myself, that this product is a breath of fresh air and a relief. There are some things I just do not want to learn and tuning is one of them. There is peace and less stress so we can ride and enjoy the bikes.  Tuning is a concern and the best of tools require a "road tune" which was not going to happen on my bike (too dangerous IMO) or a great tuner to dial it in, I have that, but he is not too accessable.
When I sell heads this will be a natural part to include as then I can be assured the owners have a safe (motor safety) good result. There are the masochists that will keep doing what they do and that's OK just not my deal. I got fed up with it all. Being "fed up" drives purchasing decisions too.
Thanks again Don

Thanks Don.  We seem to share outlooks on this.  I just don't have the time or patience to manually dial one of these things, while never really knowing how "close" I'm actually getting it, when there's finally this as an option.

When product release first happened I was my normal skeptical self also.  It was promises we'd read before.  That the automotive aftermarket has been able to do this for some time has never translated in to something similar for us.  But the more you read and the more you spoke with RevPerf the more it seemed it wasn't all smoke.

I had a good tuner here locally for years.  He traveled as Rolling Thunder Dyno.  A guy named John Golden.  That always made the choice easy.  Bolt on a Power Commander and go ten minutes to John's house.  But he and Sandy retired.  He trained the new owner but those years of experience and intuition are lost.

Pleased to read that your experience and mine here are similar.  Confirmation always feels good.  Ernie and a couple others added to that mix reinforces that we're seeing a strong positive from these units rather than just a random data point or two.

For me it's just the local guys who show up and drink beer in the garage and borrow me or my tools as we play with our bikes.  Even in that crowd something like this will be a real time saver while also making the riding experience better and the tuning process safer (data logging runs are a distracting pain in the ass).  For someone like you though, in a shop environment, who can now tell a client "yeah, sure, we can build your motor and have it tuned when it rolls out the door" something that does what EMS is doing for us seems just short of a panacea.

x52gnr

« Reply #52 on: January 15, 2011, 02:03:57 PM »

Great write up, I have also made the move from the Thundermax to this product, my ecm is going in the mail monday to be flashed...Weather and work schedule permitting I hope to have my own feedback in a few weeks.... :2vrolijk_21:
2007 Ultra
2009 V-Rod Muscle

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #53 on: January 15, 2011, 09:53:45 PM »

Got a PM asking what happened to the old Power Commander.  Can't specifically say of course.  It just got hinky. 

Twice in recent rides the bike just shut off.  First time I pulled and tugged and generally checked things around on the side of the road and it decided to restart.  Second time it didn't decide to restart.

After ten minutes or so of checking what could be eyeballed on the side of the road I unplugged the PC and plugged the ECM back in.  Bike fired up.  Unplugged and replugged the PC two more and the problem repeated.

Later that night with a cold PC the bike started and ran fine.  But I wasn't going to trust it anymore.  So went with the EMS as a solution.

hogasm

« Reply #54 on: January 16, 2011, 07:57:37 AM »

If Brian is still lurking here......Don mentioned that his set up was for 05-06 bikes.

To upgrade a 04 and earlier bike to a 05 ECM,  Can this be done in your house or is a purchase of a new ECM required :nixweiss:

modified....maybe not new but new to that bike
« Last Edit: January 16, 2011, 08:04:20 AM by hogasm »

Buckeye_Tuning

• Mister Dick
  • Banned
  • Full CVO Member
« Reply #55 on: January 16, 2011, 01:18:13 PM »

I'm starting to think this may be a solution.

I have a lo po build... 107 with 54s.  Tuning has been a nightmare.  I now own a TTS AND a TS2 with WEGO.  I had a dyno tune that the timing got the better of my engine..... and had to have Don (Deweys Heads) redo my heads.

I have over a year AND $1700 in tuning and tuning products.  I am WORE OUT by it all!!!!  I ride 20k a year and all this tuning mumbo jumbo is killing me, finally.

What's another $800 if I could call it a day and be done?  Ummmm... that is about what a tune would cost me AGAIN, by the time travel is factored in.

My only question is this:  it's MY ECM.  Rev Perf reprograms it.  Can I, by myself, program it back to stock, if I installed a new map, or would I have to send it back to rev perf to go back to stock?  09 bike.
Never Ever Forget; Never Ever Forgive

Buckeye_Tuning

• Mister Dick
  • Banned
  • Full CVO Member
« Reply #56 on: January 16, 2011, 01:28:46 PM »

My thoughts too.   THAT gives a teeny bit of pause...

Buckeye_Tuning

• Mister Dick
  • Banned
  • Full CVO Member
« Reply #57 on: January 16, 2011, 01:49:08 PM »

Things march forward.  Maybe when I want it stock.... this service won't be available.  It's a long term bike.

revperf

• Vendor
« Reply #58 on: January 16, 2011, 02:29:06 PM »

If Brian is still lurking here......Don mentioned that his set up was for 05-06 bikes.

To upgrade a 04 and earlier bike to a 05 ECM,  Can this be done in your house or is a purchase of a new ECM required :nixweiss:

modified....maybe not new but new to that bike

Sorry about the delay.  Weekend honey-do's.  You have to upgrade to a "new" '05-Up ECU.  There is not enough "horsepower" in the '04.  These are easily had on Ebay though for deep discounts over new.

Brian

revperf

• Vendor
« Reply #59 on: January 16, 2011, 02:48:45 PM »

Wurk,

You actually don't have to send it back to us to "return to stock".  Here's how it would work and we'll say for the point of argument that you want to return to using the TTS.  What you would do is have the dealer, any dealer simply flash a base calibration back into your ECU just like if you had to buy a replacement for some reason.  Then you can upload your previous TTS, or SERT, or basic motor company Stg. download in it as normal and you are ready to go.  Obviously removing the LSU's and controller as well. This can be done by any dealer at any time now or in the future.  The only reason(s) that the ECU absolutely must come back to us is for two reasons.  1.  You change to different injectors from the original cal or 2. You exceed 20% increase in displacement from the original base cal.

Hope this answered your questions and if we can help you out we will be glad to.

Brian
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15

Page created in 0.2 seconds with 25 queries.