Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Author Topic: Schuberth C3 Helmet  (Read 16968 times)

RPR50

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: '10 SESG Spiced Rum
Re: Schuberth C3 Helmet
« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2011, 05:42:10 AM »

As i ride more, just started to feel vulnerable with my half helmet.  Was only riding my full face in cold weather.   Even then, felt like a lollipop was on my head  Bought the C3 and the comm collar. Helmet fits like a glove. Just trying out now the collar, but setup and sync to the Garmin 665 was a breeze.  Looking forward to the intercom at next GTG.

Hawg

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE
« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2011, 07:44:41 AM »

I have always worn a half helmet or beanie, tried one of the C3's on the other day  :2vrolijk_21: I am just not convinced it's worth the $750.00 they want for one up here.
Hawg

DesertHOG

• Visiting America One Road Trip at a Time
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Vivid Black Special
    • NM

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2015 FLTRUSE - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXS - Vivid Black
    • Join me on Facebook
« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2011, 10:34:25 AM »

I have always worn a half helmet or beanie, tried one of the C3's on the other day  :2vrolijk_21: I am just not convinced it's worth the $750.00 they want for one up here.

I used to think Harley's cost too much and would never buy one, now I own 3 of them.
I used to think Shoei cost too much and I own a Full-Face Shoei now along with 2 Z1R Acers.
I think for the right head and fit some people buy these Schuberth's because they want the best protection possible.
Besides, just think of all the German Engineering your buying :)

See this current discussion: http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=60714.0;all

Chuck Pryor

• Elite CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO1: 09 SERG Silver/Titanium
    • CVO2: 86 FLST
« Reply #33 on: May 08, 2011, 04:21:07 PM »

Yup regarding REVZILLA.  I just ordered a C3 since the FINALLY made a 3XL !!!  That REVZILLA site is nice.  DOOFUS

X3 on the Customer Service from Revzilla... those guys are amazing!

duranh

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE
    • Random photos
« Reply #34 on: May 09, 2011, 10:14:27 AM »

This was my first ride with the new C3 this weekend to Solvang. I did need to make a minor adjustment to the front liner but I do like this helmet! Was it worth the 1200 with SRC and tax? Yes, my head is odd shaped and to get a helmet that has flip up option, topgun visor and the BT collar (SRC) with the weight of this one and the comfort! Unbelievable!!!

Big Dog

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3
« Reply #35 on: May 09, 2011, 03:26:59 PM »

Great, I've been contemplating this helmet and watching feedback on this site so I think it may be the one, thanks all! :2vrolijk_21:
Randy D
Kristie D, Angel on my shoulders, October 10, 1973-April 16, 2009

Beach Bum

• Senior CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 FLHXSE Street Glide
    • CVO2: 2013 FLHTCUSE8 Anniversary Edition
    • CVO3: 2009 FLTRSE3 Road Glide
« Reply #36 on: May 09, 2011, 04:35:01 PM »

I had the chance to wear my C3 with SRC for the first time on a 3 day ride a couple of weeks ago and I give it an A+.  The wifes helmet has not come in yet (on backorder) so I can't speak as to the intercom portion of the SRC.  However, the Zumo matched up perfectly to the helmet b/t.  Overall, the C3 fit great, was very quiet and lightweight.  IMO, worth the dollars if it doesn't take food and clothes away from the kids ;D

I did remove the leather chin guard to make room for the mic, but I had done that on my Shoei also.  Not a big deal for me as the mic was too cramped with the guard in.

Easy install of the SRC.  Great video on Revzilla as to how to install the collar.  Next big opportunity to assess will be the No Cal GTG!

RPR50

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #37 on: May 10, 2011, 06:28:54 AM »

Duranh,
What was the minor adjustment to the front liner?  I had to remove the fold over flap the covers the vent holes for winter. I needed  the room in the helmet. Could use a little more.

Thanks.

Beach Bum

• Senior CVO Member
    • CA

« Reply #38 on: May 25, 2011, 11:28:22 PM »

Wow, trying to find a Silver, size small for the wife has been a challenge.  All the local places here in So Cal were backordered with no expectation of receiving a silver womens in the near term.  Got a refund from my previous purchase and finally found a store on-line with one in stock.  Should be here by Tuesday.  In plenty of time for the West Coast GTG......with the bluetooth, I know she'll want to chat all the way up there.javascript: ;D :( :-*

duranh

• Senior CVO Member

• Random photos
« Reply #39 on: May 26, 2011, 03:41:35 PM »

I actually took my thumbs and pressed in on the foam around that area until I could get enough clearance. It takes quite a bit of pressure to make a small dent but that is all that is needed. I had to work on the area where the seam is in the liner and then again up higher where that widows peak looking portion is right by  the top vent holes. I rode from San Jose, CA to Laughlin NV (~500 miles) and discovered another hot spot. More thumb pressing on the inner shell and Ta Da! The best helmet I have! I did the 500 miles to Albuquerque yesterday and no discomfort at all. Now to look at gel pads for my seat. :)

Hawg

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE
« Reply #40 on: May 26, 2011, 09:15:25 PM »

Pulled the trigger on a C3 last week, just wondering if the SRC extra is worth it or not? What do you find usefull with the SRC? Sorry for the hijack.
Hawg

Beach Bum

• Senior CVO Member
    • CA

« Reply #41 on: May 27, 2011, 01:28:34 AM »

Pulled the trigger on a C3 last week, just wondering if the SRC extra is worth it or not? What do you find usefull with the SRC? Sorry for the hijack.

The C3 is a great helmet by itself, but for me, it was the SRC that made the difference.  I've used a Camos B/T system for the past few years and I love the integration of the Schuberth SRC into the bottom liner of the helmet vs add-on look to the side.  My wife also has the same setup so I use the B/T feature for the intercom between myself and bsr (sometimes that's not always the best feature)  :nixweiss:.  I also have my Garmin GPS synced to the SRC which allows me to get GPS instructions via the headset, send/receive phone calls (IPhone sync to Garmin), utilize all the voice features of the GPS, including listening to music via SD card in Garmin.

For some people, these may be considered features that one could live without.  That's true, but I like having the ability to utilize the B/T features on longer trips and it's just another fun accessory if you don't have to hock the kids to pay for it.

RPR50

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #42 on: May 27, 2011, 06:40:09 AM »

SRC is pricey at $400 or so.  Fit and design is first-rate.  I had the HD bluetooth adapter for my old helment.  It worked, but the speaker quality was low.  I'm invested in the SRC, with the various firmware upgrades and the like. It has been "plug and play":  GPS instructions, XM radio, phone.  I connect my phone through the GPS (Road Tech 665).  It's still got some bugs.  I lose the stereo bluetooth channel if I walk away from the bike.  Comes back if I turn the 665 off and on.  Other nuances forced to work through as I've learned the system.  Recent firmware upgrade supposedly fixed many but I'm still experiencing some. 

All that said, it's a first class design.  I put 1500 miles on in four days and was pleased with it's performance, bugs aside.  Integration with the helmet sold me on it.   

duranh

• Senior CVO Member

• Random photos
« Reply #43 on: May 27, 2011, 10:30:52 AM »

When I was upgrading the firmware on the helmet and programing the preset radio stations using my laptop connected through USB to my helmet it hit me, I am an uber geek. I program my motorcycle helmet with a computer, and I need to update the firmware. A far cry from the non DOT skull cap I wore for years. All in all this is a great helmet and I do not regret this purchase.

DesertHOG

• Visiting America One Road Trip at a Time
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Vivid Black Special
    • NM

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2015 FLTRUSE - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXS - Vivid Black
    • Join me on Facebook
« Reply #44 on: May 27, 2011, 11:16:34 AM »

When I was upgrading the firmware on the helmet and programing the preset radio stations using my laptop connected through USB to my helmet it hit me, I am an uber geek. I program my motorcycle helmet with a computer, and I need to update the firmware. A far cry from the non DOT skull cap I wore for years. All in all this is a great helmet and I do not regret this purchase.

Words I could not have phathomed hearing, let alone understood, when I got my first bike and helmet. Wow times have changed.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Page created in 0.16 seconds with 20 queries.