Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All

Author Topic: Schuberth C3 Helmet  (Read 17070 times)

darth davidson

• FLTRUSE
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra
Schuberth C3 Helmet
« on: February 22, 2011, 09:43:16 AM »

I am looking to upgrade my helmet. I have used Shoei and loved them, but is turning 5 year old so I need a new one. I read about the nolan's but I would like some opinions if anybody has used the Schuberth C3 Helmet.

Thanks

motor1

• Elite CVO Member
  • Current Harley: 2022 FLTRKSE

• CVO1: 2022 FLTRKSE
    • CVO2: 2022 FLRTXSE traded, 2015 FLTRUSE traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLTRXSE traded, 2011 FLTRUSE traded
Re: Schuberth C3 Helmet
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2011, 09:53:32 AM »

I have been thinking of a Schuberth since trying one on at NY Motorcycle show. A lot of money ( but don't mind spending if it is as good as claimed). March issue of Motorcycle Consumer News has evaluated one.
Excuses are the conditions under which you have failed.

duranh

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE
    • Random photos
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2011, 09:57:15 AM »

I have not looked at them, but now I  need to. Thanks for that :furious3: I have a thing with helmets, I have 5 at the moment but I like the looks of that one and the accessories that are available. I am currently using a new Shoei and it is great but on the all day rides I would like a good convertable and to date I have not been able to find one that I like past day 10. I ended up giving them to my wife.

I will go check it out at the local BMW shop today....  :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

BTW: The Nolan put a ton of pressure on my forehead.

darth davidson

• FLTRUSE
  • 1K CVO Member

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2011, 10:01:26 AM »

Yeap, tons of money around $700. that's why I need some input before a break the bank!!!(rather break the bank than my head though!!!) :nervous:

darth davidson

• FLTRUSE
  • 1K CVO Member

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2011, 11:58:52 AM »

Well, I dropped the plastic and hit the bank account with 700!!!!! I'll let you knw how it goes. 2 day shipping :coolblue:

duranh

• Senior CVO Member

• Random photos
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2011, 12:32:05 PM »

You are a brave guy, I won't buy a helmet unless I get to try it on first. I think I have an odd shaped head or something, very few fit me well. :confused5:

darth davidson

• FLTRUSE
  • 1K CVO Member

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2011, 01:08:22 PM »

You are a brave guy, I won't buy a helmet unless I get to try it on first. I think I have an odd shaped head or something, very few fit me well. :confused5:
Well revzilla.com has a hassle free exchange/return policy for item this expensive, FOR 30 Days!!!!!! So I get to use if I do not like or does not fit C YA!!!

catahoula58

• Senior CVO Member
  • "There are no LifeGuards in the Gene Pool"
    • TX

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Orange / Black
    • CVO2: 2004 Heritage Softail (NON CVO)
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2011, 02:33:48 PM »

Hello:  I purchased 2 of these for my wife and I this past December at the Seattle Bike Show.   Took them home to Texas and rode for couple of hours to see if it was true to say.   Well first impression was that it fit great and the reduced noise level was wonderful.  I added the BlueTooth collar to both of our units and was pleased even with the radio reception.

I let my wife wear mine for an hour while sitting at the house as she insisted she wanted to wait for the C3W. But she liked the feeling of it! So I Brought the unworn C3 back to the dealer and awaiting a new C3W to be issued for her.  Told should be the end of February.

All in all was impressed with how light the helmet was as far as weight! And Sound noise inside minimal with and without the lower chin skirt.  And the modular design with the sunshield and ease of operation.

I know they are expensive but in my opinion so is the medical bills or death expensive.  And as far as protection:  if Mike Schumacher F1 formula driver can take a spring in the face at 200 miles and hour from a car wrecking in front of him and nothing happens to his helmet or him!  I'm sold!

To each there own and we only have one noggin and the question is?  is it is worth saving and paying to protect~!

Ride safe my firends!

darth davidson

• FLTRUSE
  • 1K CVO Member

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2011, 02:41:22 PM »

Hello:  I purchased 2 of these for my wife and I this past December at the Seattle Bike Show.   Took them home to Texas and rode for couple of hours to see if it was true to say.   Well first impression was that it fit great and the reduced noise level was wonderful.  I added the BlueTooth collar to both of our units and was pleased even with the radio reception.

I let my wife wear mine for an hour while sitting at the house as she insisted she wanted to wait for the C3W. But she liked the feeling of it! So I Brought the unworn C3 back to the dealer and awaiting a new C3W to be issued for her.  Told should be the end of February.

All in all was impressed with how light the helmet was as far as weight! And Sound noise inside minimal with and without the lower chin skirt.  And the modular design with the sunshield and ease of operation.

I know they are expensive but in my opinion so is the medical bills or death expensive.  And as far as protection:  if Mike Schumacher F1 formula driver can take a spring in the face at 200 miles and hour from a car wrecking in front of him and nothing happens to his helmet or him!  I'm sold!

To each there own and we only have one noggin and the question is?  is it is worth saving and paying to protect~!

Ride safe my firends!

I can hardly wait for mine to arrive!!!!!!Thank you for your input :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :coolblue: :coolblue:

cyril

• I
  • Elite CVO Member
  • If it ain`t broke keep fixin it till it is !
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2011, 03:56:06 PM »

Pleased with mine £350.00 comfortable, quiet. smooth operation & good vents.
If it aint broke keep fixin it till it is

darth davidson

• FLTRUSE
  • 1K CVO Member

« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2011, 08:41:42 AM »

Ok, got my expensive helmet. Let me start by saying that just the looks of it makes you drool. I wore it and rode with it about 80 miles. The helmet fit very snuggly although it does not feel tight.
The chin strap mechanism is awesome, with quick release strap.
Ventilation : extremely well aerated , you can actually feel te air coming in from the chin and vertex vents.
Noise, compare to my Shoei 1100  is very quiet but not for much.
Weight definitely lighter that all other helmets I've owned , smaller foot print than the others as well.
Pin lock system for the face shield works really well , with 0% fogging , is really amazing.
Solar visor very easy to deploy and ver comfortable.
The front/chin modular mechanism is very easy to open and close with one hand , even with the gloves on.

So all I can say that I believe it was worth the risk to buy this very expensive helmet and expect to get 5 good years out of it. If you are thinking about changing/upgrading your helmet and you want to spend that kind of money to keep your head over your shoulders in case of an accident, seriously consider the Schuberth C3 .

Disclaimer: I have no financial ties with any company mentioned above, this is just a personal report of this riding gear. I am not an expert or professional reviewer either. Always perform your own research before making a decision what helmet to wear.

catahoula58

• Senior CVO Member
  • "There are no LifeGuards in the Gene Pool"
    • TX

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Orange / Black
    • CVO2: 2004 Heritage Softail (NON CVO)
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2011, 09:50:55 AM »

Ok, got my expensive helmet. Let me start by saying that just the looks of it makes you drool. I wore it and rode with it about 80 miles. The helmet fit very snuggly although it does not feel tight.
The chin strap mechanism is awesome, with quick release strap.
Ventilation : extremely well aerated , you can actually feel te air coming in from the chin and vertex vents.
Noise, compare to my Shoei 1100  is very quiet but not for much.
Weight definitely lighter that all other helmets I've owned , smaller foot print than the others as well.
Pin lock system for the face shield works really well , with 0% fogging , is really amazing.
Solar visor very easy to deploy and ver comfortable.
The front/chin modular mechanism is very easy to open and close with one hand , even with the gloves on.

So all I can say that I believe it was worth the risk to buy this very expensive helmet and expect to get 5 good years out of it. If you are thinking about changing/upgrading your helmet and you want to spend that kind of money to keep your head over your shoulders in case of an accident, seriously consider the Schuberth C3 .

Disclaimer: I have no financial ties with any company mentioned above, this is just a personal report of this riding gear. I am not an expert or professional reviewer either. Always perform your own research before making a decision what helmet to wear.

I am in total agreement with your input and feedback!  these are the best of the best helmets!  My wife's C3W came in this week.  Going to pick it up Saturday(tomorrow) for her!  I will also say that having the Scardo collar is really great asset for communication between us and the bluetooth set is wonderful for communicating with my bike!  i.e. gps, xm, nav traffic, radio, cell phone, ipod, mp3, dvd.  I can listen to an receive everything clearly.   And the sunshield is wonderful over me glasses!  no more squinting or waiting for transitional lenses to respond to sun changes.   I am totally sold on this Helmet not only for the options and features but the safety aspect also!

Ride safe and enjoy the views!

duranh

• Senior CVO Member

• Random photos
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2011, 09:58:07 AM »

Thanks for posting your thought on the C3s I am seriously thinking about getting a pair of them. I really like the Scala collars.

darth davidson

• FLTRUSE
  • 1K CVO Member

« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2011, 10:13:07 AM »

I have scala rider G4 with my other helmet and they are awesome. Planning to get the collar.

duranh

• Senior CVO Member

• Random photos
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2011, 12:47:37 PM »

I have the Scala system as well but I like the idea of not having a wart on the side of my head, hence the collar! @ ~$1100.00 each with the Scala I need to be sure so I am going to find a local vendor for me and my wife to try them out.

Again thanks for the reviews from everybody.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All

Page created in 0.246 seconds with 20 queries.