Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Author Topic: My 2000 FLTRSEI  (Read 10714 times)

DionM

My 2000 FLTRSEI
« on: February 28, 2011, 01:17:34 PM »

I have been looking for a Harley for a few weeks and ran across a all original 2000 Road Glide Screamin Eagle with only 5100 miles on it. I bought it Saturday and then started doing some research on it. I really had no idea of what I was buying other than my buddy has a blue 2001 just like this 1 except higher miles and it's not original. I have everything that came with the bike from the factory, rear rider pegs, seat, passenger backrest, owners manual, service manual with suppliment insert, and windshield. Even the cover is still in the bag and never been removed. The original seat has been wrapped up since new. 1 owner bike and was bought in 2000 while he was in Canada on Vacation. Looks almost like new. My only problem is now that I find out that these bikes are kind of rare I kind of hate to modify it. I ordered a set of 4" Rinehart true duels , pcIII , and intake this morning but I'm having second thoughts on doing anything to it at all. Kind of hate to even put any miles on it. Where else are you going to find another 1 of these like this? I bought it to ride but dang. These are some pics from when I picked it up Saturday. I'll post some more after a good detail.
Cya, Dion

« Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 09:08:10 AM by DionM »

Rimjam

• Elite CVO Member
Re: My 2000 FLTRSEI
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2011, 02:32:37 PM »

Unless you paid a fortune for this bike you need to go back to the previous owner & give him a kiss.  The only things I see not orig are the passenger floorboards & the passenger grab strap is missing.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2011, 02:42:11 PM »

It's gorgeous.  But it's by no means a true collectible bit of automotive history.  And it's not going to gain significant value just because you don't ride it.  So ride it and enjoy it.  It's what it was built for.

DionM

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2011, 02:49:44 PM »

Unless you paid a fortune for this bike you need to go back to the previous owner & give him a kiss.  The only things I see not orig are the passenger floorboards & the passenger grab strap is missing.

Thanks for the compliments. I have the original pegs and the passenger grab strap wrapped up in a box. I think I got it all.
Cya, Dion

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2011, 02:55:06 PM »

Great score...enjoy it... :2vrolijk_21:

Love those fishtail muffy's, careful backing into curbs... :drink:

Spiderman

• aka Spiderman "guest"
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2003 FLHRSEI2
    • CVO2: 2007 FLTR (faux CVO)
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2011, 03:03:06 PM »

It's gorgeous.  But it's by no means a true collectible bit of automotive history.  And it's not going to gain significant value just because you don't ride it.  So ride it and enjoy it.  It's what it was built for.

Don amigo, while I respect you and your words enormously, I have to disagree on the former and agree on the latter.

I had the chance to buy a 1970 Dodge Challenger Hemi Convertible in Purple and white in 1977 for around $4k. Who knew ? And the point here is that this bike is only 11 years old. Talk to me again in another 15 years. Who knows ? 

Having said that, DionM - - - you bought the motorcycle to ride. Ride it, care for it, maintain it properly, fix things that need fixing as you go along and enjoy it. As I said above though, 15 years from now as to what it'll be worth - - - - who knows ? I see no reason not to try to preserve it as best you can while still enjoying it bearing in mind that some day it might well be a collectible.

B B

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2011, 03:14:40 PM »

Very nice bike!  I say mod on!  Just save the stock parts.    :2vrolijk_21:   :2vrolijk_21:

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2000 SERG
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2011, 04:50:14 PM »

Its rare to find one with everything original. I felt the same way when I got mine a few years ago and my feeling is keep it stock and enjoy it. You have got one of the finest examples of what made Harley great and the first SE bike to come out of the CVO program...and the best color too (IMO).  Doc

Gank

• Senior CVO Member
  • Im from HQ, Im here to help :D

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2011, 05:39:56 PM »

I feel the same way about mine... it always gets people looking and it is a Joy to drive.. so do it and your self a favor and ride.

BTW your story about the guy buying it... BS.  Its actually part of the Canadian Gov't forward deployment of equipment for our Invasion after your economy collapses :D  There is a Canuckistani up here right now training to ride it, so ride it while you can :D  Dont tell anyone, its secret.  Now to put my tinfoil beanie back on

To Libs and NDP
"If we are not willing to commit our military when asked by the United Nations, for a NATO mission, in a country whose elected government wants us and whose citizens need us, then when would Canada be prepared to do so?"

YELLOWBIRD

• Elite CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 2009 CVO ROADGLIDE
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2011, 05:42:04 PM »

Very nice bike!  I say mod on!  Just save the stock parts.    :2vrolijk_21:   :2vrolijk_21:

+1

YELLOWBIRD
2009 SCREAMIN' EAGLE CVO ROAD GLIDE FLTRSE3 117" PRO RACE
(1 OF ONLY 369 US) "LAST YEAR OF THE HAND BUILT"

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2011, 05:43:28 PM »

Maybe he already did  :nixweiss:
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

martys

• 5k CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red SE Road Glide
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2011, 06:52:54 PM »

What a great find  :coolblue: :coolblue:  I agree with the majority in that you should ride and enjoy this gem with great care  :pepper: :pepper: :pepper: and  hang on to any take off parts when you are doing mods ( except the passenger backrest, you should send that to me as that is the only original part I didn't get with mine) so that you don't loose that " original "  value.  Congrats on a beautiful ride  :2vrolijk_21:

Marty
Here in Canada we have four seasons Spring, Summer, Fall, and New Chrome

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2011, 11:45:56 PM »

Don amigo, while I respect you and your words enormously, I have to disagree on the former and agree on the latter.

Understand completely what you're saying Brian.  And I hope you're right too.  That some cachet or sparked interest specific to the model invigorates demand and value some later time down the road.  I can remember seeing 57 Chevy coupes sell for less than a hundred bucks or head to the crusher because no one really wanted them.  Then a decade later all hell broke loose and their still valuable and desirable today.  I'm not optimistic that such will happen for vehicles or bikes as modern and generally cookie cutter as the more recent stuff.  But readily admit I could be wrong and certainly hope that I am.

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2011, 10:30:19 AM »

My instincts tell me the 00-01 SERG's are the Harley version of the early muscle cars and the 09's the modern day version. Lots of chrome, power, and limited numbers. As the years play out there will bikes modified, trashed, parts lost and not available (shark fins, covers, seats...) but a few good examples will survive and be very valuable. I got my bike from a collector who wouldn't put miles on it, lucky for me I got over it quickly and have enjoyed it to the max. Mine will survive intact with high miles on it but still something that will be a real find for someone down the road. I could have bought a standard RG and saved a lot of money but that's like getting the Firebird instead of the TransAm.  Doc

Spiderman

• aka Spiderman "guest"
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2003 FLHRSEI2
    • CVO2: 2007 FLTR (faux CVO)
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2011, 12:31:25 PM »

Understand completely what you're saying Brian.  And I hope you're right too.  That some cachet or sparked interest specific to the model invigorates demand and value some later time down the road.  I can remember seeing 57 Chevy coupes sell for less than a hundred bucks or head to the crusher because no one really wanted them.  Then a decade later all hell broke loose and their still valuable and desirable today.  I'm not optimistic that such will happen for vehicles or bikes as modern and generally cookie cutter as the more recent stuff.  But readily admit I could be wrong and certainly hope that I am.

Don,
      As I understand it, there were 1550 2000 FLHRSEI's made. The exact breakdown between the B/W/O and the R/M/B I'm not sure but there's a few more of one than the other. IN any event, let's say there's 775 of each. Harley-Davidson Mfgrs and sells what - - something over 200,000 units per year ? It's already been 11 years since these orginal CVO's were built. I'd be willing to bet a decent steak that there's fewer than 1000 of them that haven't been trashed, cut up, changed beyond restoration etc etc. In another 15 years - - like I said, who knows. The thing is that the 2000 FLHRSEI was also the 1st OEM 95" motor. That it only stayed in production a few years is a bonus for making these collector vehicles. Add to that the things that Lou mentions (expecially the Shark Fin exhaust tips) and as you know because you own one they were the last year the factory stereo was a casssette player.

B B
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Page created in 0.172 seconds with 20 queries.