Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: Passenger comfort issues  (Read 15791 times)

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
Re: Passenger comfort issues
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2011, 03:21:00 PM »

Get her a Viberider... My BSR loves hers!! :bananarock: :cucumber:
:nervous: :worthless:

red ben59

• 1K CVO Member
  • ALL GAVE SOME SOME GAVE ALL
    • NC

• CVO1: 08 FXDSE2
    • CVO2: 09 FLHTCUSE4
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCUSE8
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2011, 08:53:54 PM »

Get her a Viberider... My BSR loves hers!! :bananarock: :cucumber:
I'm pretty sure the floor board vibration will not go away. She probaly wont notice or maybe not care. :nixweiss:

hogsty

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHTCUSE6
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2011, 08:21:28 AM »

She must really be short if she thinks the tour pack might be back to far??  I've never heard that complaint before, that's a first.

As far as her hips locking up and/or aching.....that's not all that uncommon of a complaint.  And the vibration in the left floorboard......have you checked the mounts to be sure they're tight?  If they are, then it may be a pinched nerve in her him that she's translating into the floorboard. :nixweiss:

First I'd suggest the Kuryakn Adjustable Passenger foot pegs......they mount in addition to the floor boards, so she'll have several different options for foot location and they change the angle of the hips at the same time.  $161 at Dennis Kirk.....  http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/product_catalog/Product.jsp?skuId=494787&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cse    My wife swore by them back when she was riding BSR.

Secondly, while she may have settled for the seat on the Ultra Limited.....we all know that those that think any HD seat is comfortable just haven't experienced enough seats out there to really know the difference.  There are two or three that lead the market in comfort and Corbin does it for us and has for several years, on several different bikes each, now. :2vrolijk_21:

I wouldn't call her really short, she's like 5'4".  She's having a hard time describing the problem, but she said it puts her at a bad angle.  I think maybe the foot position is/was the root of the problem.  I may move the tour pack back to the rear position and raise the floorboards a little more.  I noticed her thighs weren't level last time she sat on it.  She did say leaning forward relieved it a little.

The floorboard vibration has me worried.  Not that something is wrong with the motor, but that I won't be able to get rid of it.  I can always use the Road KIng as our 2-up bike, but I'd rather use the Ultra.  Besides, it cost almost $20,000 more, so it should be comfortable for both of us.

The seat on the 2010 Limited was pretty comfortable.  I routinely put in 10-12 hour days riding, about 30,000 miles a year, so I'm kind of familiar with buttalytics (yes, I made that up  :D).  After about 30K miles I switched to the HD Hammock seat and man, I could ride forever on that thing.  I don't mind changing seats, and I'm not an HD bigot, I have had Mustang seats in the past, but they are expensive experiments.  I wish they had a ride and try or satisfaction guarantee, or something like that.

The Viberider may be fun once I get these other issues worked out.

SERK3

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 07 FLHRSE3
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2011, 08:54:32 AM »

hogsty, This may sound like its out in left field but two of my riding buddies had the same problem with the vibration in the passenger foot pegs, Turned out the bearings in the tranny failed, After they were repaired vibration was gone. I hope this is not the problem you have but might be something to check into.
07 SCREAMIN EAGLE ROAD KING, RAZOR RED WITH GOLD FLAMES
V&H DUALS WITH HI-OUTPUT SLIP-ONS, ZIPPERS THUNDER MAX w/AUTOTUNE, NESS BIG SUCKER, LED TURN AND BRAKE LIGHTS. FARING, HARD BAGS & KING TOUR PAK.
LIVE EASY, RIDE HARD

timo482

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2011, 02:34:00 PM »

my wife has bad discs.. so she is not very active & over the years she got so she could ride for maybe 20 mins [MN to CO used to be a two day jaunt] .....

i now have a hd sidecar - she was not happy with the idea of "sitting in the sidecar" but she never gets a sore back, never gets sore feet - the thing has zero vibration, she has room for all her "stuff", even on the worst potholes it never bottoms out, she can sleep if she wants, or play her gameboy, or change the channel on the radio or whatever - a 400 mile day and she is ready to fix her hair and go "out"

it was worth it - i changed to a trike front end and car tires so it drives right.

the only other option was to leave her at home or sell the bike and stop riding

to

hogsty

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2011, 07:46:43 PM »

hogsty, This may sound like its out in left field but two of my riding buddies had the same problem with the vibration in the passenger foot pegs, Turned out the bearings in the tranny failed, After they were repaired vibration was gone. I hope this is not the problem you have but might be something to check into.

Were your buddy's problems only on the left side pegs?  She says the right side is solid, she only feels it in the left floorboard.  Well, I hope it is the problem, because that can be fixed easy. (for me, anyway)   Can you say warranty?  I'll have to have one of the techs at the dealer ride bitch.  Now THAT would be funny!   ;D 

SERK3

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2011, 07:49:23 PM »

Were your buddy's problems only on the left side pegs?  She says the right side is solid, she only feels it in the left floorboard.  Well, I hope it is the problem, because that can be fixed easy. (for me, anyway)   Can you say warranty?  I'll have to have one of the techs at the dealer ride bitch.  Now THAT would be funny!   ;D 

Not sure if one or both sides but i will find out and let you know.
V&H DUALS WITH HI-OUTPUT SLIP-ONS, ZIPPERS THUNDER MAX w/AUTOTUNE, NESS BIG SUCKER, LED TURN AND BRAKE LIGHTS. FARING, HARD BAGS & KING TOUR PAK.
LIVE EASY, RIDE HARD

hogsty

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2011, 08:59:35 PM »

Thanks, man!  I really appreciate it.

TLSSRS

• Junior CVO Member
  • 2011 CVO Ultra - Cobalt & Twilight Blue
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2011, 02:28:50 PM »

I love my 2011 SEUC.  To me, it's as comfortable as any other Electra Glide I've owned.  Now, my BSR has a whole different opinion.  Tonight we went for a relatively short ride.  After about 5 or 10 minutes I feel her squirming around on the back seat.  I ask if everything is OK, and she says the seat is really uncomfortable, makes her hips hurt.  I know she had the same complaint on a previous bike, I can't remember which one.  I had a 2010 Ultra Limited that she thought was comfortable, and once rode about 5 hours straight with me without complaint.

The other complaint she has is really baffling.  She says the left passenger floorboard vibrates excessively.  Not the right one, only the left.  I haven't noticed anything strange about the rider floorboards at all.  After about a 30 or 40 minute ride her left foot felt funny for a while from the constant vibration.

Has anyone has passenger comfort issues like these, and if so what did you do to relieve her?

I have the same problem. We had a 06 ultra & my wife never complained about the seat or riding position. Now we have a 2011 blue ultra cvo & she is not comfortable at all. She says the seat is not comfy & the backrest push's her forward. Also she don't like the floorboard position. I am going to check the trunk to see if it is all the way back & adjust the floorboards down & see if that helps. Don't have any vibration though. I think the seat is way more comfy than the 06 but the wife don't, also i have to take my backrest out when she rides with me so it don't get in her way. I never had to do that on the 06 either. Guess will fiddle with it until she is comfy . . . . .

SERK3

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2011, 07:44:46 AM »

Not sure if one or both sides but i will find out and let you know.

hogsty, I've only talked to one of the girls she said the left side was worse than the right side, It was hurting her so bad that she got off the bike and rode in the car with my wife, The other one started the vibration about 100 miles from Myrtle Beach, The next morning on our way to breakfest the tranny had a bad growling/grinding noise we took it to the H-D shop they replaced the bearing in tranny, problem solved.

Don't know if the following has anything to do with it or not but both bikes are 06 Dyna's 6 speed, one of them is a wide glide the other a super glide. :nixweiss:
LIVE EASY, RIDE HARD

hogsty

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2011, 11:53:27 AM »

hogsty, I've only talked to one of the girls she said the left side was worse than the right side, It was hurting her so bad that she got off the bike and rode in the car with my wife, The other one started the vibration about 100 miles from Myrtle Beach, The next morning on our way to breakfest the tranny had a bad growling/grinding noise we took it to the H-D shop they replaced the bearing in tranny, problem solved.

Don't know if the following has anything to do with it or not but both bikes are 06 Dyna's 6 speed, one of them is a wide glide the other a super glide. :nixweiss:

Thanks, different bikes, but definitely something to consider.  I wonder which bearing could cause this?

I've got to do something.  She likes the Road King Classic just fine.

norton

« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2011, 11:26:19 PM »

Have a 2011.5 SEUC CVO.  The Tour Pack is in the forward position.  The grooves under the tour pack are forward of the chrome bracket. Would like to move to rear/aft position. Can I move it back without an aftermarket system?  After removing tour pack liner, looking at the bottom plate, bolts are in forward holes.  Do I remove the plate and find four more bolts that are adjustable? Exactly how do move the tour pack? Thanks for the advise.   

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member
  • My future if I were Benjamin Button

• CVO1: 2001 FXDWG2 Switchblade - The Beast
    • CVO2: 2004 FXSTDSE2 Deuce - Beauty
« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2011, 07:44:37 AM »

More encouragement to try an AirHawk. Have one myself I use on longer rides and buddy bought one for his wife and she loves it.

SERK3

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2011, 08:37:01 AM »

More encouragement to try an AirHawk. Have one myself I use on longer rides and buddy bought one for his wife and she loves it.

Same here, Bought one for my wife  also, she won't leave home without it, I have never tried it but going to on the trip to Daytona next month. (wife is dring the car)
LIVE EASY, RIDE HARD

Kansas Old Guy

« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2011, 09:41:09 PM »

Interesting thread.  Picked up my 2012 seeg Saturday.  Took my wife for short 30 mile drive on Sunday, her fist ride and the only one so far.  She immediately complained about the left foot board vibrating, right one was just fine.  Plan to adjust them up a bit, but now I wonder what would actually cause this, I thought she was sitting on her hip crooked, putting more weight on her right foot.  Wife weighs 105 lbs, 5' tall.  She barely fits on the passenger seat with the rider backrest in.  She likes the snugness, but concerned on long rides when she is bundled up, need to check the tourpak position.  On our 08 ultra, you could put two of her back there.   I love the bike, handling and surprised on the change in the clutch, at least to me.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.19 seconds with 20 queries.