Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Author Topic: Dealer Labor charge for installing new tires  (Read 14810 times)

Spiderman

• aka Spiderman "guest"
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2003 FLHRSEI2
    • CVO2: 2007 FLTR (faux CVO)
Re: Dealer Labor charge for installing new tires
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2011, 01:10:20 PM »

I guess I have it pretty good! My Indy guy prices are, Tire change including mount@balance Front $45.00, Rear $50.00. He only charges $5.00 more front or rear if I buy the tires from the internet. I don't know what the local HD charges but I don't want those morons touching my bike anyway!

CYCLEGEAR Is my place. Lots of folks think they're a metric only business but they sell just about every make/size/style tire made.

You take your wheel to them and they charge $20 to mount and balance and the prices they charge for their tires are unbeatable.

B B

charles05663

• 1K CVO Member
    • TX

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 - Petunia
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2011, 05:15:41 PM »

Just came across this thread.

I have to have my rear tire replace.  I called around for the D407 180/55B18 and what it would cost to replace.  With tire, mounting, balancing, tax, etc., I was quoted anywhere from $270 to $410.

Is this typical?  How hard would it be do remove the tire myself and have them mount/balance?
And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.
Matthew 4:19

http://www.thefishermenministry.net/

Q:  What is the USA's number one export to China?
A:  Trash!  They loved our high quality trash. (not any longer).

Stolen technology and Jobs!

muddypaws

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2012 FLHTCUS7

• CVO1: 2005 CVO
    • CVO2: 2009 CVO SEUC
    • CVO3: 2017 CVO LIMITED
    • Re/Max
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2011, 05:34:19 PM »

I do not use my dealer but they charge MSRP for the tires and install free.
Bill

Dead_Reckoning

• Elite CVO Member
  • 03 SERK
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2011, 05:52:38 PM »

Many dealers in Maine will "Only" Change \ Mount Tires they sell.
The trick was to find a dealer who will match OnLine prices.
I managed to do that. Then you get Customer Price for Installation.
If I wanted a set of New Tires today for my 03 SERK, this is what i would pay
Front - D402 MT90B16 72H = $113.99
Rear - D402 MT90B16 74H = $129.99
Remove Old Tires, Mount and Balance New Tires, Tires Disposal, Shop Supplies = $104

Total = $347.98

:)
Government is best which governs least.

Power Commander 3 Tuner
Doherty Power PACC with K&N Air Filter
Screamin' EagleĀ® Hydraulic Cam Chain Tensioner and High-Flow Oil Pump
Headwinds 2" Bullet Passing Lights 50w'
Progressive 440HD Shocks & Monotube Fork cartridges
Dual Bulb Halogen Headlamp Kit

Big Dog

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2011, 06:22:34 PM »

Asked the Canadian HD dealer 20 miles from me how much for a new rear tire and installed for my 09 SERG, "$618.00 he says". Called down to Mt. Baker HD in Bellingham, Wa and asked how much for front and rear brake pads installed and a new back tire installed, "$535.00 he says". Guess where I went?
Randy D
Kristie D, Angel on my shoulders, October 10, 1973-April 16, 2009

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2011, 07:43:23 PM »

Screw it.  Bought Jim's used tire machine when he got something fancier.  After the third use it'll have paid for itself if I remember the math right.

frankshd

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE5-BLK 2010 452 of 999
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2011, 07:56:02 PM »

Dang-it.  I can never find a 'deal' on tires/mounting/etc.   (I did just get a FREE exchange battery from US Cellular for my blackberry, though)  Now, that's a great program...just walk in and they swap you out for a fresh battery anytime. :)  spyder
. I'll hook you up spyder, iv just got my shop going here in china grove !!!  Let me know what ya need
D&D 2-1 a/c tts master tune corbin seat,

Spiderman

• aka Spiderman "guest"
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2003 FLHRSEI2
    • CVO2: 2007 FLTR (faux CVO)
« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2011, 08:40:41 AM »

Screw it.  Bought Jim's used tire machine when he got something fancier.  After the third use it'll have paid for itself if I remember the math right.

You do math when it comes to anything motorcycle related like every married guy who ever bought a Harley and had to explain to his wife what the hell he was spending - - - - -and you aren't even married so in my honest and (you know I love you brother) opinion, your math SUCKS when it comes to anything to do with your rides. I suspect that it'll be 2025 or so before this thing has truthfully paid for itself. I mean think about this amigo. With three incredible gorgeous CVO's to ride, how many tires you gonna change every year ?

B B

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2011, 10:31:28 AM »

You do math when it comes to anything motorcycle related like every married guy who ever bought a Harley and had to explain to his wife what the hell he was spending - - - - -and you aren't even married so in my honest and (you know I love you brother) opinion, your math SUCKS when it comes to anything to do with your rides. I suspect that it'll be 2025 or so before this thing has truthfully paid for itself. I mean think about this amigo. With three incredible gorgeous CVO's to ride, how many tires you gonna change every year ?

B B

Can't say you're wrong my friend, but (wait for it!), I have a dream!  A dream where each bike needs a new set of tires every year (and the summer isn't shredded by 105-110 degree temps for a month so I stop riding much).  A dream where friends and neighbors bring beer and brats and get tires changed.  A dream where all the little children ride around on their bicycles and see this great scene and think, "some day I'll ride a Hawley and need my tires changed too."

(proper citation to Martin Luther King's speech writer)

mrmagloo

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2011, 11:14:00 AM »

Mine charged $220 to change the tires I bring. I got lucky as he said they would give me a discount to $190. Got the bill and by the time they added in weights, tire disposal and all, it was - You guessed it, $220.  Bit steep.  Later I check a few other HD dealers and the lowest was $170, but of course, that doesn't include the weights and disposal.
2004 SE Deuce - Cobalt Blue
2006 SE Ultra Classic - Autumn Haze

charles05663

• 1K CVO Member
    • TX

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 - Petunia
« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2011, 11:41:34 AM »

Looking around on the internet, it appears that the D407 is an HD item only and lists for about $280.  Sounds like the dealer is mounting them for free at $280.
And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.
Matthew 4:19

http://www.thefishermenministry.net/

Q:  What is the USA's number one export to China?
A:  Trash!  They loved our high quality trash. (not any longer).

Stolen technology and Jobs!

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2011, 12:55:25 PM »

...I have a dream!  A dream where each bike needs a new set of tires every year (and the summer isn't shredded by 105-110 degree temps for a month so I stop riding much).  A dream where friends and neighbors bring beer and brats and get tires changed.  A dream where all the little children ride around on their bicycles and see this great scene and think, "some day I'll ride a Hawley and need my tires changed too."

4 of us went in 3 years ago (4?) & bought a bike tire changer & balancer.  About $100 each.  Have changed 5 tires on it so far myself.  Due to beer did not remember to balance the rear wheel on the RK the last time, but it never needed much weight anyway & seems fine.  I digressed already.  The tire changer is not at my garage.  I bring beer to the tire changer friend's garage & we drink it after we change the tire, unless we drink it before as well as during.  Have never considered shouting "free at last, free at last, thank God Almighty the wheel is free at last."  But now will consider this, due to your inspirational tome, Rev. Dr. Twolanerider but not Jr.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

dayne66

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • BC

• CVO1: '12 Ruby/Typhoon SG
    • CVO2: '15 Superior Blue FLD Switchback
« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2011, 01:09:20 PM »

For anyone that might be in Vegas and in need of tires........Discount Motorcycle Tire.....Don't remember the exact $s...but for the front and rear tires installed and balanced was about the same as just the back installed and balanced at the HD dealer about 10 blocks away. You might want to plan ahead and make sure they have the tired you want in stock....I ended up switching to Avon Venoms (on the Sporty) because they didn't have BOTH Dunslops in stock and couldn't be happier with them.
"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." Socrates

Ghost Rider

• 1K CVO Member
  • EBCM # WHORE

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Kermit
    • CVO2: 2015 Victory Ness Magnum #31 of 299
    • CVO3: 2013 Can-Am Spyder RTS
« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2011, 01:44:19 PM »

Can't say you're wrong my friend, but (wait for it!), I have a dream!  A dream where each bike needs a new set of tires every year (and the summer isn't shredded by 105-110 degree temps for a month so I stop riding much).  A dream where friends and neighbors bring beer and brats and get tires changed.  A dream where all the little children ride around on their bicycles and see this great scene and think, "some day I'll ride a Hawley and need my tires changed too."

He proably also has a dream that someday his business partner will pay for his half of the machine.   :cucumber:

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2011, 02:08:25 PM »

He proably also has a dream that someday his business partner will pay for his half of the machine.   :cucumber:

Krypto bikes are too cool for petty details.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Page created in 0.186 seconds with 25 queries.