Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7  All

Author Topic: SE Wobble, Windshield, Tour-Pak, Seat, Fuel Button  (Read 9645 times)

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
Re: SE Wobble, Windshield, Tour-Pak, Seat, Fuel Bu
« Reply #75 on: June 14, 2006, 04:28:48 PM »

Yea, Hawg..I'm with you on the grin thing...thank goodness for the fairing or I'd have all kinds of critters in my teeth  ;D  The wind gusts and turbulence definitely has an effect on this bike...like you said, more surfaces to catch cross winds, plus the batwing fairing is not really aerodynamic...functional, yes...and it's fork mounted.  This wobble thing seems to be a real problem for some though, so I'm not sure what's going on, but at least I would eliminate the simple things first, like proper pressures, etc.  Next step would be a trip to the dealer for checking alignment of front and rear wheel, steering head, etc.  Some have added frame/swingarm stiffeners, with mixed success...some swear by them, others say not that much difference.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: '20 FLHTCUTGSE Trike CVO
« Reply #76 on: June 17, 2006, 12:16:15 PM »

Excuse me my friend..what is this:

I have the RideStr8 in a box in my garage [smiley=oops.gif].

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #77 on: June 17, 2006, 12:18:32 PM »

Excuse me my friend..what is this:

I have the RideStr8 in a box in my garage [smiley=oops.gif].

http://www.ridestr8.com/

There have been a couple of group buys here acquiring these.

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #78 on: June 17, 2006, 12:21:44 PM »

Lops=Dunlops, the ones that come on the bike.  I stayed with them to match the front tire that didn't get changed.  Next time around I'll go to Metzlers, had em on my '04 and loved em.  All I know about Avon's is that I've had 2 friends with them on other bikes (vulcan and wing), they came apart on em going down the road, I was riding with one of them when it happened, so I had no problem believing the other guy when he told me about his.  The Ride-Str8 is easy to install, you might have to loosen the exhaust to get the plate in there, specially with stock exhaust.

Please what is this?
Ride-Str8

I am very concern about safety...My wife and I are a yearly rally riders...In 2004 and 2005 we rode the both posse rallys (48 Lower US states) in a Screamin Eagle Electra Glide 2004 with no problems...unfortunately is sold already. I have a CUSE '06 and we have planned to go from South Florida (where we live) to Ottawa, Canada and then participate in a HOG Canadian Rally Capital to Capital (Ottawa-Washington DC) next September.....so it will be a long ride in short time and this is an issue to be concerned.....

Thanks [smiley=oops.gif]
« Last Edit: June 17, 2006, 12:27:31 PM by jegomez »

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #79 on: June 17, 2006, 12:22:52 PM »

http://www.ridestr8.com/

There have been a couple of group buys here acquiring these.

Thanks my buddy biker...... [smiley=drink.gif]

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #80 on: June 17, 2006, 12:24:34 PM »

Thanks my buddy biker...... [smiley=drink.gif]

No problem Jorge.  Do a quick search by through some threads here and you'll find a bunch of chatter about them too.  Probably in the group buy section.  Results the different guys reported were varied from no noticable change to dramatic improvement and everywhere in between.

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #81 on: June 17, 2006, 12:57:59 PM »

What is?

TRUE TRACK
Thanks [smiley=oops.gif]

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #82 on: June 17, 2006, 07:16:17 PM »

What is?

TRUE TRACK
Thanks [smiley=oops.gif]

It (Ride Str8) and the True Track are competitive products.  They attempt to address the same issue but do it in slightly different ways.

BobD

• Senior CVO Member
  • '06 FLHTCUSE
« Reply #83 on: June 18, 2006, 11:29:24 AM »

I wouldn't completely discount any mechanical issues that may or may not contribute to highway "wobble" but I think we're overlooking the most common cause which is the roadway surface. Roadway surface prep and maintenance has changed dramatically in the past five years. The widespread practice of planing the surface to correct rough conditions as well as the practice of creating shallow valleys not unlike a saw tooth pattern in new surfaces to control water and eliminate hydroplaning both can cause wobble. These surface conditions are hard to see when traveling at 70 plus and though not severe - both will make your bike transmit a wobble sensation through your butt and the bars. IMHO
We will be remembered for all the rules we break.

Bojiboy

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Wicked Sapphire and Stardust Silver
« Reply #84 on: June 19, 2006, 09:33:06 AM »

I wouldn't completely discount any mechanical issues that may or may not contribute to highway "wobble" but I think we're overlooking the most common cause which is the roadway surface. Roadway surface prep and maintenance has changed dramatically in the past five years. The widespread practice of planing the surface to correct rough conditions as well as the practice of creating shallow valleys not unlike a saw tooth pattern in new surfaces to control water and eliminate hydroplaning both can cause wobble. These surface conditions are hard to see when traveling at 70 plus and though not severe - both will make your bike transmit a wobble sensation through your butt and the bars. IMHO

I'll second that on the roadway surface. Here in Iowa the current, but always changing, method of finishing road surfaces is to grove them along the length of the road. This makes your bike, and car, wobble a lot. Seems like the tires are always trying to find a grove to ride in. Every car I own does the same thing on these roads and it's more noticeable on the bike. Next year they'll have a new technique of finishing, depends on what road builders conference they last attended......

Greg
2012 FLHTCUSE7 Wicked Sapphire and Stardust Silver
2006 FLHTCUSE (traded in)
2005 FLHRCI (sold)
Single enclosed trailer

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #85 on: June 24, 2006, 10:33:05 AM »

I have been concerned with the WOBBLE issue.....and then I went to the easiest and cheapest solution...I istalled the Air Deflector 58520-79TC ($22.95) and besides that it looks good it helps a lot!! I rode yesterday (I live in South Florida) around 80 miles in a sunshine day, humid, hot and windy...very windy (of course not like a hurricane winds  ;D) and the bike was very stable. I was 80 mph (my cruising speed) and sometimes 85mph when I needed to pass a 18-wheelers....and let me tell you....I didn't have any problem......!! [smiley=drink.gif]

theslash

• Full CVO Member
  • 2019 FLHXSE
Re: SE Wobble, Windshield, Tour-Pak, Seat, Fuel Button
« Reply #86 on: May 27, 2007, 11:38:43 PM »

OH BOY HERE WE GO

Guys the movement you are talking about just may be rider made.
take your bike up to speed with a very light hold on the bars and
see what happens.

the vrod does the same thing with a hard hold on the bars.
maybe thats whats going on here.

hope this helps
SLASH

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #87 on: May 27, 2007, 11:48:22 PM »

OH BOY HERE WE GO

Guys the movement you are talking about just may be rider made.
take your bike up to speed with a very light hold on the bars and
see what happens.

the vrod does the same thing with a hard hold on the bars.
maybe thats whats going on here.

hope this helps

Welcome aboard. Why not introduce yourself in the new members section? Glad you're here!

Coyote.

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 SE Ultra - Buried in the back yard where it belongs.
    • CVO2: Already learned that lesson
« Reply #88 on: May 28, 2007, 02:36:21 AM »

I have to agree that this is largely a rider problem. When I got my first UC back in Sept, an 07 SEUC, I was having this wobble problem, especially on long sweeping turns at high speed. Now I rarely ever even notice it. Clamping down on the bars, which is natural if you get a bit tense, will cause it every time. I do think the bike is more prone to this than my last bike (01 softail) was but it's very much rider induced. I had my bike up to 115 a month ago in NV and it never showed any sign of wobble. I had lots of throttle left but shut it down since I knew there were cattle crossing grates coming up. Any time I get that wobble feeling now, I just relax my grip and push on through. Smooth as silk. JMO I guess.

Smiler

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #89 on: May 28, 2007, 07:44:50 AM »

My bike has the same handleing issue. Not what I'd call a wobble, although if you hit a bump or something at high speed it feels like it could go into one. Mine seems at it's worst when it's windy. It takes a lot of effort to keep the bike in a straight line, kinda like it's aerodynamics are screwed or something. Normally on a windy day, you have to compensate for the wind from the left or right, that's part of motorcycling, but this one gets jerked left, then right, back and forth. Like others have stated, my 03 E-G was stable as a rock to 110, and never felt as unstable in the wind as the CUSE. I did have the neck bearing checked at the 1K mark, as well as alignment and such. The neck bearings were too tight. It did seem to help, but mostly I think I'm starting to get used to how this bike feels. Biggest issue to me now besides the obvious safety issue is how much more tiring it is to ride this bike. My neck and shoulders are hurting as they never have before. Haven't taken the lowers off yet, but I had them on my other bike too. Something is different for sure.
:o Is this something True-Track was designed for :nixweiss:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7  All

Page created in 0.175 seconds with 24 queries.