Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 17

Author Topic: 100 watt amplifier problem on 2011 Screaming Eagle Stree Glide  (Read 56721 times)

happyman

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: 100 watt amplifier problem on 2011 Screaming Eagle Stree Glide
« Reply #120 on: August 16, 2011, 10:57:54 AM »

BTW:  The left fairing speaker has cut out all the way, and the fading is just in the lower left speaker.  Its not your volume control.  Its the amp or the head unit, but either way, there is no doubt that this a major problem which I will be monitoring very closely and keep you all informed -- trust me, I'm the government.  j/k

what is the head unit????????????????
Thanks

TheLoneWolfPack

• The Lone Wolf
  • Full CVO Member
« Reply #121 on: August 16, 2011, 11:47:29 AM »

What is the head unit??   i do know my radio was replaced early last fall also  ot sure its workig right either.
the volume just shut down  a couple times all the wa,y but has never done  since.  my original radio had a volume issue a lot before we got in a new radio..     the volume was going wide open or shutting all the down  and it could also be anywhere in begtween.    so far this radio is or has only screwed  three times.  am going to tell the dealship  so they can make a note or standing ro onit so i may ge twarrantty if it pukes again too.

The Head Unit is the actual stereo/CD player itself.
2011 FLHXSE2, 113 Torque Pounds, Screamin’ Eagle Pro Super Tuner, Vanc & Hines Power Chamber, Rinehart 4", Sundowner Seat, Standard Backrest, FLHX Passenger Floor Boards, Garmin 665 Weather/Nav, 10" Windshield, Fairing, Air Deflectors,

happyman

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #122 on: August 16, 2011, 11:49:14 AM »

The Head Unit is the actual stereo/CD player itself.

i kinda thought that is what ya ment . i replaced the dang radio  abouit a year ago.    that is more junk to deal with. again.

Duff

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 Dyna CVO
    • CVO2: 2011 Street Glide CVO
« Reply #123 on: August 17, 2011, 10:11:03 PM »

My right side speakers starting cutting out with 6,000 miles and the AMP didn't go until 8,600. Well that is when the speakers starting cutting out so I TURNED IT UP until the AMP blew. I wish I would've know I would be without music for a month :(

happyman

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #124 on: August 17, 2011, 11:31:16 PM »

My right side speakers starting cutting out with 6,000 miles and the AMP didn't go until 8,600. Well that is when the speakers starting cutting out so I TURNED IT UP until the AMP blew. I wish I would've know I would be without music for a month :(
so was the radio ok? or did  it lose  channel.  maybe i should turn mine up and se of the amp will puke. only issue is the boom audio only has a 90 day warranty.  since my bike did not come with boom audio.  the price of the system says they are way too proud of it but not enough to  have a decent warranty, that is  at least a year. 90 days warranty tells me they know this stuff is junk from the git go.     

nbomar

« Reply #125 on: August 17, 2011, 11:38:07 PM »

Might have figured out my cutting in and out on my iPod and aux setup. As seen in the picture below 4 or 5 wires are broken away from the connector. Does this cable interface at all with the aux mode on the radio? This is the connector at the right side saddle bag for iPod unit.

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GRadford

« Reply #126 on: August 19, 2011, 07:27:00 AM »

Mine quit at 7000 miles, very frustrating :worthless:!

Mano

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2
« Reply #127 on: August 19, 2011, 10:46:57 PM »

So I picked up my ride today and i was told that they believe the the head unit/radio is no good. :nixweiss:

They had another bike beside my and they by passed the head unit and ran the rest of my system. It did not fail. I will have to wait about a week and i will be taking her in for the replacement.

Hopfully this is the problem and this will be the last of this but something is telling me................not. :-\

Got the call and the new head unit has arrived. I will be taking my ride in next week for the re and re.....fingers crossed...hopfully this will be it but again something in my gut says.....NOT.

bbrown

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG BLK/BLU
    • CVO2: 11 SESG. ORANGE/ BLK
    • CVO3: 19 SERG LIGHTNING/ SLVR
« Reply #128 on: August 20, 2011, 08:23:27 PM »

Same story here.  I am 5th in line.  They told me it will be at least 6 weeks :o :o :o.  It could be snowing here by that time..   So much for a stereo system.. I wish I had my glove boxes on the lower fairings back   at least they were trouble free

Duff

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 Dyna CVO
    • CVO2: 2011 Street Glide CVO
« Reply #129 on: August 22, 2011, 08:15:41 AM »

so was the radio ok? or did  it lose  channel.  maybe i should turn mine up and se of the amp will puke. only issue is the boom audio only has a 90 day warranty.  since my bike did not come with boom audio.  the price of the system says they are way too proud of it but not enough to  have a decent warranty, that is  at least a year. 90 days warranty tells me they know this stuff is junk from the git go.     

My dealer says the radio is ok. But I don't get the new amp for another week. So i post when I get the replacement install. However, I'm doing my research right now on putting in a sony head unit with Biketronic's amp's and speakers since they have a lifetime warranty. I listened to one at a bike night on Friday and it puts the CVO system to same.

TheLoneWolfPack

• The Lone Wolf
  • Full CVO Member
« Reply #130 on: August 24, 2011, 01:18:58 AM »

My dealer replaced one Amp already on another FLHSSE2 a month ago, confirmed new part number for replacement amp;  the new updated amp will be here Thursday this week.  They are not on back order and are shipped from back east.  I will keep you all posted, but apparently it was just the amp.   On my O9 ultra classic i traded in, i had the HK headunit with Nav, the harley amp that mounts under the tour pack, JMs up front, and hogtunes in the rear.  Never a problem with any of it for 38,000 miles, so -- as they say, --- we shall see

2011 FLHXSE2, 113 Torque Pounds, Screamin’ Eagle Pro Super Tuner, Vanc & Hines Power Chamber, Rinehart 4", Sundowner Seat, Standard Backrest, FLHX Passenger Floor Boards, Garmin 665 Weather/Nav, 10" Windshield, Fairing, Air Deflectors,

TheLoneWolfPack

• The Lone Wolf
  • Full CVO Member
« Reply #131 on: August 24, 2011, 01:27:24 AM »

A SPECIAL REQUEST:

1) Can someone post the wiring diagram for the stereo, amp and speakers on the FLHXSE2 --

2) Can I stack a second amp to power the lower fairing speakers only, and would a 2 ohm amp be compatable with the 1 ohm stock amp?  The way I see it, the 100 watt x 2 channel stock amp is powering a total of 8 speakers.  So its more akin to a 12.5 watts a channel, or 25 a channel, depending on if you don't include the tweeters.  If yes, what amp could i use? 

Thanks for any input.

Wayne G

• Senior CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2011 Kyrpto CVO SESG2 2/17/11
    • CVO2: 2015 Ducati Monster 1200S
    • CVO3: 2016 Softail Slim S
« Reply #132 on: August 24, 2011, 04:27:57 PM »

Lone Wolf  PM me with your email  I scanned it from the service manual but its to large to post

TheLoneWolfPack

• The Lone Wolf
  • Full CVO Member
« Reply #133 on: August 25, 2011, 01:06:32 AM »

Just PMed you, let me know if you got it --- thanks a million  :orange: :cucumber:

DavidG

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2
    • CVO2: 2007 FLHRSE3 **Sold**
    • CVO3: 2007 FXSTSSE **sold**
« Reply #134 on: August 27, 2011, 09:53:28 PM »

Well my amp finally failed. I brought it in and they are also replacing the speaker grills since they are fading/scaling. Unfortunately all the parts are on backorder and they have no ETA when they will arrive.
2011 FLHXSE2
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 17

Page created in 0.176 seconds with 21 queries.