Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 17

Author Topic: 100 watt amplifier problem on 2011 Screaming Eagle Stree Glide  (Read 56715 times)

TheLoneWolfPack

• The Lone Wolf
  • Full CVO Member
Re: 100 watt amplifier problem on 2011 Screaming Eagle Stree Glide
« Reply #165 on: September 10, 2011, 09:00:11 PM »

Its the same unit as the 2011 -- only two of them now.  Same part number.  I know as I just had my amp replaced with the same part number as the 2012
2011 FLHXSE2, 113 Torque Pounds, Screamin’ Eagle Pro Super Tuner, Vanc & Hines Power Chamber, Rinehart 4", Sundowner Seat, Standard Backrest, FLHX Passenger Floor Boards, Garmin 665 Weather/Nav, 10" Windshield, Fairing, Air Deflectors,

nbomar

« Reply #166 on: September 10, 2011, 10:15:05 PM »

I had the dealer replace the iPod cable as well as the amp, headunit, and speakers and the service manager said the problem never went away. He said he is at a loss as to what it could be and is going to call the moco on Monday to see if they have ever heard of this and what they recommend to fix it. The parts manager did try to talk me into buying a completely new hogwired setup...

We will see what they say on Monday.

Mano

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2
« Reply #167 on: September 11, 2011, 08:47:30 AM »

I had the dealer replace the iPod cable as well as the amp, headunit, and speakers and the service manager said the problem never went away. He said he is at a loss as to what it could be and is going to call the moco on Monday to see if they have ever heard of this and what they recommend to fix it. The parts manager did try to talk me into buying a completely new hogwired setup...

We will see what they say on Monday.

The only thing they have not done for you which they have done for me is take your ipod to Apple to have it tested.

Keep us posted nbornar.

barefoot3zk5

• Elite CVO Member
  • I used to be a KRYPTO.. Now I'm 1 OF 1

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSEII Dragula 2/1 exh.. Performance Mach airbox..Metalsports 26" front wheel w/6piston singleside brake 13" rotor and matched 18" rear 200 tire..TTS tuner by DOC .. Woods cams and Hi comp pistons.. 600 LEDs hidden PLUS, SONY head unit and gauges all green LEDs to match,500watt ARC amp w/4 Focal6.5 spkrs,Install by Peter @SOUNDZ .. Yafee tag frame . chrome inner/outer primary. greeen gator seat/backrest ..major engine mods 125+ HP and powder coated heads/cyl and diamond cut. homemade rear air suspension
« Reply #168 on: September 11, 2011, 10:15:02 AM »

Well .. much to my disliking , My amp is on the blink YET AGAIN.. :nixweiss: I already had the mindset that a J and M amp was in the near future.. as well as either their spkrs or Focals.. I cant believe the MOCO cant remedy this ongoing issue.. geeeez.. why is it after market vendors can get it right but MOCO cant .. as the old sayin goes.. Im glad they dont make helicopters.. who would fly em ??? Howard in Ms

Mano

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #169 on: September 12, 2011, 09:52:38 PM »

No harness yet and the cutting in and out is getting worse.......I say amp....again. >:(

Harness has arrived and will be going to get it installed on Thursday. They will re and re it while i wait. I do not think this will solve the problem but i guess i have to go through the motions.

Rhodsman

• CVO1: 2011 CVO Street Glide
    • CVO2: 2009 Custom Rocker
« Reply #170 on: September 13, 2011, 05:34:24 PM »

It seems that no one can get adequate resolution to the AMP issues and the persistent poor sound / cutting out. Harley does not have any answers and several members have gone through 2-3 amps and wasted weeks of riding time trying to resolve these issues.

I have opted to go with an ARC 125.4 Amp and Focal speakers to remedy this issue and improve sound performance.

When we spend this much cash on an elite motorcycle, we should not have to go buy expensive aftermarket audio parts. Boo Harley... But, I am excited for the new sound system.

samule

« Reply #171 on: September 13, 2011, 06:10:00 PM »

I am wondering if I should do the same. How long do you get jacked around, with no solution in sight?how does the arc amp and focal speakers sound? How difficult is the install?

billkup

« Reply #172 on: September 13, 2011, 07:01:52 PM »

Had the same problem with my 2011 at about 3000 miles.  No warning no nothing, the radio just quit working for no apparent reason.  It took about a month and a half to get the amp.

Mano

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #173 on: September 13, 2011, 08:55:29 PM »

It seems that no one can get adequate resolution to the AMP issues and the persistent poor sound / cutting out. Harley does not have any answers and several members have gone through 2-3 amps and wasted weeks of riding time trying to resolve these issues.

I have opted to go with an ARC 125.4 Amp and Focal speakers to remedy this issue and improve sound performance.

When we spend this much cash on an elite motorcycle, we should not have to go buy expensive aftermarket audio parts. Boo Harley... But, I am excited for the new sound system.

Very nice. You can also get a harness made for HD and you do not have to cut and splice any wires which will not void the warranty. This might be the way to go. The only thing that bugs me about this is the HD will be getting off the hook easy.

Rhodsman, have you installed this amp yet?

JT OZY

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #174 on: September 13, 2011, 10:38:38 PM »

It,s been over two weeks since I have reported my Amp problems and still no reply from HD, my dealership is working hard for me for an answer without much joy YET.I purchased this bike and agreed to pay more dollars than the norm in the understanding that I was getting a far more superior motorcycle than the average SG,yes it does look great and yes it does handle better but should we be forced to go looking for an alternative to something that we believed should already be above the norm? I think not.
YOUR THOUGHTS? :soapbox:
I intend to ride for ever
So far so good

2 Disturbed

• CVO1: 2011 SESG, Black Diamond & Crimson
« Reply #175 on: September 13, 2011, 11:00:40 PM »

I'm very unhappy!  I'm on my second amp, and the new one with the new part number doesn't work right!  The first one went out at 300 miles.  The second one went out as soon as it was replaced just prior to my Sturgis trip.  I went 4600 miles with a crappy stereo!!  HD needs to suck it up, and provide for a premium amp!!  I intend to make a big stink for whatever that is worth.  I do not intend to buy aftermarket, and let HD off the hook!  They need to stand behind their product and provide a quality amp/stereo.

After that said, this bike is freaking awesome!!!
2011 SESG with Fullsac X-pipe, TTS Tuner, 2.0 Fulsac baffles, and dyno at 96 HP and 110 torque by Steve at Fulsac.
1994 Road King, 1990 Heritage Softail, 1987 FXR, 1984 FXR.

TheLoneWolfPack

• The Lone Wolf
  • Full CVO Member
« Reply #176 on: September 14, 2011, 02:11:33 AM »

I'm very unhappy!  I'm on my second amp, and the new one with the new part number doesn't work right!  The first one went out at 300 miles.  The second one went out as soon as it was replaced just prior to my Sturgis trip.  I went 4600 miles with a crappy stereo!!  HD needs to suck it up, and provide for a premium amp!!  I intend to make a big stink for whatever that is worth.  I do not intend to buy aftermarket, and let HD off the hook!  They need to stand behind their product and provide a quality amp/stereo.

After that said, this bike is freaking awesome!!!

I agree in toto -- 
2011 FLHXSE2, 113 Torque Pounds, Screamin’ Eagle Pro Super Tuner, Vanc & Hines Power Chamber, Rinehart 4", Sundowner Seat, Standard Backrest, FLHX Passenger Floor Boards, Garmin 665 Weather/Nav, 10" Windshield, Fairing, Air Deflectors,

JT OZY

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #177 on: September 14, 2011, 03:50:51 AM »

I agree in toto -- 
Absolutely x2 these bikes are awesome to ride just shame about the Audio.As I said before,I dont mind paying the $$$ as long as I get what Im payin for.
I intend to ride for ever
So far so good

LincolnUSA

• LincolnUSA
  • Full CVO Member
  • Fullsac B X-Pipe, 2.0" Baffles, TTS Mastertune
« Reply #178 on: September 14, 2011, 09:05:08 AM »

I have about 4300 miles on my bike with no audio problems.  Hope the good luck continues.

TheLoneWolfPack

• The Lone Wolf
  • Full CVO Member
« Reply #179 on: September 14, 2011, 11:03:24 AM »

I have about 4300 miles on my bike with no audio problems.  Hope the good luck continues.

Not to jinx you, but mine started acting up at around 10,000, on my way to Sturgis.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 17

Page created in 0.156 seconds with 21 queries.