Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: IPOD Nano issue  (Read 3907 times)

nuckelhead

• Full CVO Member
  • if it ain't broke... take it off and chrome it!!!!

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 KRYPTONITE / BLACK DIAMOND
IPOD Nano issue
« on: April 13, 2011, 12:37:58 AM »

i have discovered that when the bike is turned off, it doesnt turn off the ipod.  so if the bike sits for a few days, the ipod is dead when i crank it and the radio says "ipod undiscoverable".  then once the bike is on and the ipod gets a little charge, it the becomes discoverable and the head unit reads "ipod syncing" and then becomes available.  anyone else had this issue?
everything i own has been stolen and then replaced with exact replicas....

HD Kid

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: Scarlet Red & Charcoal Slate VRSCSE2 - SOLD
    • CVO2: Kryptonite FLHXSE2
Re: IPOD Nano issue
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2011, 07:25:30 AM »

Never had this problem, but The ipod itself might have a power setting that keeps it on all the time.

2010SSRS

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG2
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2011, 07:52:14 AM »

Never had this problem, but The ipod itself might have a power setting that keeps it on all the time.

ipods will stay on until the battery runs dry or you MANAUALY power it down. 
TR590 Cams - Hi Comp Pistons - Stage 3 Heads - V&H Dresser Duals - V&H Hi Outputs - Tuner - Custom Map - 104hp/121tq

HD Kid

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2011, 12:43:31 PM »

Maybe mines special then, cuz when its not used for a certain period of time it turns off by itself.  It may not b "off" but in a kind of sleep mode that doesn't draw much power. Kind of like hookin it up to a laptop, when the ipods hooked up and the laptop is on, it charges. When the laptop is turned off the ipod quits charging and within a few minutes turns itself off. Again this is just my experience with it. I've never actually changed the settings on mine and don't know if there is even an option to. But most electronic devices today have an option like that to save power.

jcd520

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2011, 03:21:04 PM »

Only problem I have with mine is that when I turn the bike on and start it the ipod is not on the same song it was when I last rode it unless it is only a  few minutes. It always starts over from the beginning of my song list, even when I have it on shuffle. It's like it resets after a certain time lapse. Occasionally it will not play audibly, only the display says whatever it is supposed to be playing. Just does this sometimes.

vettmann

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 Black Diamond/Crimson
    • CVO2: 2012 Hot Citrus/Gunstock
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2011, 05:19:27 PM »

hey jcd520 mine does the same thing if you find a fix or the problem post it.
Thanks

dp

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2011, 05:44:06 PM »

cd520. Add me to your list also. Mine does same thing. I found out if I turn off the power to the radio before I turn of the ignition it solves the problem of no audio 98% of the the time.
2013 CVO Roadglide

Master Guns

• Senior CVO Member
  • USMC MGySgt Retired (1968 - 1990)

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2011, 06:50:54 PM »

Most of us are having the same problem  Shut down the bike and sometimes the IPOD starts at the first song on the list and sometimes it continues from where it stopped at.  The longer it is off the better the chance it will go back to the first song on the list.  I have done the turn the power to the IPOD off before shutting down the bike and and it did work.  Problem is that I forget to power down before shutting down.  On occassion, when I start the bike the IPOD will produce no sound.  I have found that if I get off and unplug the IPOD in the sadlle back and plug it back in I am good to go.  I have not had a problem with the IPOD going dead if I haven't ridden in a while.  The wife had the IPOD added to her Limited and she has the same experiences.
Semper Fi

You don’t stop riding because you’re getting old, but you get old when you stop riding.

nuckelhead

• Full CVO Member
  • if it ain't broke... take it off and chrome it!!!!

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 KRYPTONITE / BLACK DIAMOND
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2011, 08:07:15 PM »

you were right!  power setting.  now it sleeps while i sleep!  perfect!
everything i own has been stolen and then replaced with exact replicas....

HD Kid

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2011, 08:21:45 PM »

:2vrolijk_21:

jcd520

« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2011, 09:26:52 PM »

Most of us are having the same problem  Shut down the bike and sometimes the IPOD starts at the first song on the list and sometimes it continues from where it stopped at.  The longer it is off the better the chance it will go back to the first song on the list.  I have done the turn the power to the IPOD off before shutting down the bike and and it did work.  Problem is that I forget to power down before shutting down.  On occassion, when I start the bike the IPOD will produce no sound.  I have found that if I get off and unplug the IPOD in the sadlle back and plug it back in I am good to go.  I have not had a problem with the IPOD going dead if I haven't ridden in a while.  The wife had the IPOD added to her Limited and she has the same experiences.

I have just pretty much learned to live with mine and like you if I remember I turn off the ipod before turning off the bike. I leave mine in shuffle all the time so when I do forget and it starts out on the first song I just toggle it up and it kind of starts the shuffle over. I don't want the dealership messing with it unless it just quits completely and I can get it warranted so I just mostly try to outsmart it and know its idiosyncracies. I guess all and all it is not that big a deal becuase I love the stereo and all that it offers . No other problems with the bike really. It shakes it's head  a little at 35 when decellerating but that is really no big deal either. I have had several HD's that do that. I really love this bike overall and am very happy with it. I have never ever had a bike in a dealership in my life and won't if I don't just have to. Sometimes you can cause more trouble than you had to begin with. 

jagerbomb

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG2
    • CVO2: 2015 SESG
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2011, 11:08:18 PM »

When you have no sound switch to am then scroll through and it will have sound when you get back to ipod. At least you don't have to get off and unplug.

Master Guns

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2011, 10:08:13 AM »

When you have no sound switch to am then scroll through and it will have sound when you get back to ipod. At least you don't have to get off and unplug.

Thanks Jagerbomb, I will try that the next time it happens.
Semper Fi

You don’t stop riding because you’re getting old, but you get old when you stop riding.

Master Guns

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2011, 10:10:50 AM »

I have just pretty much learned to live with mine and like you if I remember I turn off the ipod before turning off the bike. I leave mine in shuffle all the time so when I do forget and it starts out on the first song I just toggle it up and it kind of starts the shuffle over. I don't want the dealership messing with it unless it just quits completely and I can get it warranted so I just mostly try to outsmart it and know its idiosyncracies. I guess all and all it is not that big a deal becuase I love the stereo and all that it offers . No other problems with the bike really. It shakes it's head  a little at 35 when decellerating but that is really no big deal either. I have had several HD's that do that. I really love this bike overall and am very happy with it. I have never ever had a bike in a dealership in my life and won't if I don't just have to. Sometimes you can cause more trouble than you had to begin with. 

I haven't let my dealer touch mine either.  These are small issues and there seems to be work arounds.  Had a problem at first but now the bike rides great and runs strong --- couldn't be happier!!
Semper Fi

jcd520

« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2011, 02:03:33 PM »

That is the first thing I tried when it first did it. Doesn't work except sometimes. Most times I have to do it many times and then it may or may not fix it . It seems like it just comes back on when it wants to or if I turn the bike off and restart. I don't really know what fixes it for sure , it just works sometimes on the first try of toggling through the choices and sometimes not.
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.165 seconds with 20 queries.