Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Headlight conversion on the ConV to 7"  (Read 8570 times)

hadye

• Pharaoh Rider
  • Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: FLSTSE3
    • Pharaoh Bikers
Re: Headlight conversion on the ConV to 7"
« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2012, 08:26:07 AM »

I finally got around to replacing the small OEM Headlight on our ConV

It was a really easy modification. The wiring harness for the headlight is just under the left front corner of the tank so you will need to remove the console and unbolt the tank. Be sure to unclip the gas line. Simply slide the tank back a few inches and there is the plug.

Here is a list of parts needed for the job or you can just get a used headlight from a Heritage or Fatboy.

69748-05B   7" Headlamp Shell
68342-05     7" Headlamp Reflector Assy
68050-93A    Retaining Ring for Reflector Assy
67721-48     (3 needed) Ring screws... (Hint, start these self taping screws before installing the shell. It's hard to start them when on the bike and holding the reflector)
67768-97     Headlight mounting block (It's different from the ConV mount block)

I do not have a part number for the trim ring I used and there is another item you will need....  the trim ring screw !!  Darn thing is about 3 bucks do don't forget to order it with the other parts.

The price for these parts when I purchased them listed for just over 300.00 less tax.

Wiz, from now on I will stalk you :) . your ideas are satisfying all what I want to do on my bike actually, yet I like the tunes on the stock windshield & don't want to loose them :(
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.123 seconds with 25 queries.