Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9  All

Author Topic: HELP! Goldwing Bragging over Harley, Any more AMMO to shut them up?  (Read 24993 times)

DaBigNuttedMan

• Steered & Geared by DaBigNuttedMan
  • Elite CVO Member
  • No Skool Straight F Fuc_ PowerCustom PypeDaShi_

• CVO1: 2011 RoadGlide Ultra Screamin Eagle
    • CVO2: 1969 Rupp Roadster chromed up Shriner Special
    • CVO3: Grasshopper 725 w/48" snothrower
Re: HELP! Goldwing Bragging over Harley, Any more AMMO to shut them up?
« Reply #105 on: October 12, 2012, 06:31:24 PM »

I had a 1965-1966 honda 450 twin in the mid 70s  it was cherry low mile ran good [I thought at the time], before it I had a 67 305 scrambler, then I got a 67 FLH dead stock dresser with 2800 original miles on it untouched original as it could be, original air in the original double whitewall goodyears, the original owner broke his back in 69 in a car wreck and never rode it again until I bought it. As far as the pre 69 bikes go [before the 750-4 honda] my flh out performed the 450 twin honda hands down, that 450 was hondas biggest bike then and it was a piece of chit compared to the biggest HD of the period, a lot of older riders will remember this very well, 1903 till 1968 the jap bikes had their asses handed to them by the Harleys and the Limey bikes as well, some of us traditional riders were influenced by this time in history enough that we still have our prefrences.
  Late 70s through the 80s I road raced the ricers all over So Cal where I grew up I loved my jap bikes in those years, then I went down kinda hard on my zx11 kawi and it slowed me down just a tinge.................... back on the HD thing again.
   I think the wing came out in 75 thereabouts?   how many still on the road?     How many old Harleys still on the road?

For me the Ricers are nasty the harley is knarley  I'm goin  with knarley  Why aint I ridin a wing............ cause I'm    Too BigNutted thats why  and obviously Aussi man you are Too Big Nutted as well tell em bro.   
    For me pounding down some ice cold Budweiser gettin on my hog with no mufflers on it without a helmet and twisten the grip with my bros as we rode from bar to bar in the old days has got some of the best memories I know.   Too Big Nutted
« Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 06:38:00 PM by DaBigNuttedMan »
Life begins just outside your comfort zone and you havent lived until you push a full dress harley on a hot day up a grade because your low mile twincam fell apart, and your convinced it's to bitchen to leave it there.           Ugh pardon me but do you have any beer?

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #106 on: October 12, 2012, 08:08:04 PM »

For me pounding down some ice cold Budweiser gettin on my hog with no mufflers on it without a helmet and twisten the grip with my bros as we rode from bar to bar in the old days has got some of the best memories I know.   Too Big Nutted
Yep.......how we lived through those days is still a mystery to me.   :-\  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Blue Bart

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE6
« Reply #107 on: October 12, 2012, 08:20:25 PM »

When looking at their GW:

You, " Where is the refrigerator?"

Them, "What?"

You, "Well look at this sum bitch, it must have a mini fridge somewhere in all this crap."
2011 FLHTCUSE6 - Blue
2012 GMC Denali Dually - Black
2007 Sunnybrook KSURV 391 - 5th wheel toyhauler
USMC
NRA Endowment Member
HOG Life Member since 1987

tazmun

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE (sold)
    • CVO2: 19 FLHXS All Black
« Reply #108 on: October 12, 2012, 08:58:42 PM »

I just love it when one likes to knock the other........ Like the old saying "we all have one"!!
Personally, I have a Wing, a CVO, and a Kawi! I would love to add a Bemmer, a Moto,
and a whole lot more! They are all different, they are all 2 wheels, and I'll take any of them
over 4 wheels! I guess it's like saying my Ford is better then your Chevy, it's only opinions!
Ride on!
Taz
The "TAZMUN"

Crusty

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ex_Wingabego Rider & former Iron Butt riding fool

• CVO1: '09 SERG
« Reply #109 on: October 13, 2012, 02:52:01 AM »

I used to ride a wing; put 100k miles on it in 4 years. Rode it to every state but Hawaii in 9.5 days (stopping in Mexico for chits & giggles). It was an amazing machine. I love to ride. I talked good natured chit about HDs over the years, but it was all in good fun. Sold the wing and bought a BMW dual sport to get off the beaten path. Fell in love with my SERG and bought it while I was in Japan, having never so much as sat or or ridden an HD. I'll admit I was pleasantly surprised and love my SERG... but I'd never ride it like I did my wing, for 20 hours a day for 10 days straight. I still have the BMW, because though I've done it, riding the SERG on gravel roads takes too much time to clean up... lol

I'm all for good natured ribbing, but if you've got a problem with someone just because they don't ride your brand, that probably says a lot about you.

cold1

• Full CVO Member
    • AB

• CVO1: 04 SEEG pumpkin
    • CVO2: 2010 WOLF Big Dog
« Reply #110 on: October 13, 2012, 08:51:49 AM »

Well said ! It is all about our own reason why we ride, what we ride,  :nixweiss: I 'm happy !   CHEERS  :2vrolijk_09:  :pumpkin:

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Cherry and Black
« Reply #111 on: October 13, 2012, 10:53:18 AM »

My brother and I can actually get over our differences long enough to ride together

"I don't mind coming to work,
But that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch."

Click link for BBQ song..   http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1825742

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2000 SERG
« Reply #112 on: October 13, 2012, 11:00:06 AM »

Actually, the RoadKing came about as a stripped down touring model, not the other way around.  Look back at the old Electra Glides and DuoGlides before the RoadKings were 'birthed'.  :2vrolijk_21:  spyder

The FLHS came just before the Road King and was a windshield version of the batwing. It was a nice stepping stone for us that weren't "old enough" yet for a full dresser.  Doc

Spiderman

• aka Spiderman "guest"
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2003 FLHRSEI2
    • CVO2: 2007 FLTR (faux CVO)
« Reply #113 on: October 13, 2012, 11:46:35 AM »

About the only similarity between a Gold Wing and a full dress Harley is that they both have two wheels. As such, you cannot compare the two. Would you compare a Ducati Desmo to a LowRider ? Of course not. To a Buell ? Well yeah, but Buell's were built to compete with their Japanese, Italian, German etc brethren. H-D has never gone at Honda in the full dress catagory because the H-D corporate mentality is that " We Lead, you follow" So it's not apples for apples.
Riding a Gold Wing is a bit like riding a two wheel version of the Honda Accord. There is very little difference between the two in the digital display screen in front of you. The feel of the engine (what feel) is similar (there is none) And so on. One thing I've never quite understood about Honda. Their absolute refusal to put any engineering hours into designing a footboard that allows us aging baby boomers NOT to have to tuck our legs up under us. The only available respite from this is in the footboard highway boards available. But you still have to put your feet back onto the mid pegs to shift and brake.
In any event, A Gold Wing in my opinion is designed to isolate you from the elements as much as possible while still retaining something of the two wheel in the wind experience. A Harley-Davidson is designed to make riding an interactive experience between rider, machine and nature.
That's just my $0.02

B B

Spiderman

• aka Spiderman "guest"
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2003 FLHRSEI2
    • CVO2: 2007 FLTR (faux CVO)
« Reply #114 on: October 13, 2012, 11:50:49 AM »

PS
   The H-D Road King was designed to be a throwback machine. The nearest model to it was the Shovelhead FLH Sport model of the late 70's and 80's.
It was intended to evoke the same look and feel of the orginal FL model Harley's that had a windshield and a set of saddlebags.
It was NOT as stripped down dresser. The Electra-Glide, Street Glide and Road Glide models would be more acurately described as Gussied Up Road Kings.

B B

grayghost731

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Built For ME! Love My Fatboy CVO

• CVO1: FLSTFSE Platinum Mist&Slate 102.81 HP 113.47 Torque
« Reply #115 on: October 13, 2012, 11:57:55 AM »

There is always gonna be Harley people and honda people  ;)  So if your busy arguing with the honda people,you know where I will be...                                                                                                                                                                                     

PARTYING WITH THE HARLEY PEOPLE  :bananarock:  :bananarock:  :bananarock:

case closed  LOL  we know how to LIVE!

Lever

• 1K CVO Member
  • keep the rubber side down
« Reply #116 on: October 13, 2012, 07:18:11 PM »

It's still fun banter........

You won't see this on a Goldwing

I'd rather ride steel to a HOG rally than plastic to a wing ding.

They stop for ice cream, Harley riders stop for cheeseburgers and beer.

women prefer harley's over Honda's ..they love the vibration of the bike enough said
2010 CVO Convertible  crimson red sunglo/Autumn Haze with Metal Grind Graphics
2014 113  motor 10.8 compression
SAE smoothing #5  125.7 hp / 122.9 tq
2017 Road King M8
stage IV

cvobiker

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #117 on: October 14, 2012, 08:57:57 AM »

My brother and I can actually get over our differences long enough to ride together

???  WHATS WITH THE OIL SPILL   :nixweiss:

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #118 on: October 14, 2012, 09:24:02 AM »

???  WHATS WITH THE OIL SPILL   :nixweiss:

It's diesel fuel!
 :nervous: :nervous: :nervous:

SBB

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #119 on: October 14, 2012, 09:27:22 AM »

Notice it's only under the Harley.  :D har.  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9  All

Page created in 0.22 seconds with 21 queries.