Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Author Topic: 110 upgrades  (Read 8208 times)

Fattbaggernknox

• Full CVO Member
Re: 110 upgrades
« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2011, 10:20:57 PM »

Yes, Joe and Larry were very hospitable and Larry and his wife took my girlfriend and I on a guided tour!   We saw the Saratoga battlefield, Lake George, and many other beautiful sites!  The towns there were really cool and had lots of night time activity and lots of motorcycles parked along the streets.  I definitely want to check it out again up there and spend a bit more time. Lots of great twisty roads and that Larry likes to ride fast!!!

Dennis
how'd your bike turn out after Joe tuned it?
2011 fltruse FBI wheels& hidden axle 574 Fuelling cams & lifters.J&M rocker series speakers & amp, Rb Racing black hole spyder 2-1, Aim-vpc92,SE 58MM TB, HPI 5.3 inj. Tuned by Strokerjlk 112.76/118.99 sae 115.42/121.85 std

DennisG

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE2
« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2011, 05:01:33 PM »

how'd your bike turn out after Joe tuned it?

The bike runs really pretty darn good.  Initially when i got there on Saturday, it seemed to have a few issues, but I left it there overnite and when I came back at 10 AM he had made some tweaks based upon what I had told him and he had dialed it right in, had better air and it ran really good.  Still might be a bit rich off idle, he told me he left it that way to keep me cooler in traffic sitting at red lights but he leaned it a bit and showed me how to do it a bit more if I need to.  

HP was 124.0 TQ  122.6 (STD)  123.0 HP and 120.9 TQ . (ACTUAL)  121.7 HP and 119.6 TQ   (SAE)

I had a bit of apprehension about the FatCat but i have to tell you it is an awesome sound.   I am thinking i would like to remove the wrapping from the baffle!  The it would really sound bad @$$!!

Dennis
« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 11:32:13 PM by DennisG »
2011 CVO Street Glide
Black Diamond with Crimson graphics
Wood 8 cams, 58mm TB, Hillside heads, (Changed to R&R cast heads, went from 115 hp 113 tq to 125 hp 124.73 tq)  D&D Bosscat Wrapped performance baffle, awesome sound!
Harley LED headlights and passing lamps
Focal spkrs and Arc Audio amp
Wild One Chubby bars 0575

DennisG

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2011, 01:18:09 PM »

Got a chance to ride some yesterday and the more I get used to it, the better I like it. Just have to use the clutch and throttle a bit different.  Didn't get a dyno of the bike stock since it was already built when it got to the tuner, but I am probably giving up a touch of low end with the Wood 8 cam compared to the 255 with a huge increase in mid range and increased top.

The bike finally runs like a Screamin Eagle should right from the factory.. it looks mean, and now it is... SOme guy on a sportbike rode next to me and I took off ahead of him and he pulled up to me at the next light and he said "d@mn!  that mother****** sounds MEAN!  And it really does.  Much more fun to ride.

Dennis
2011 CVO Street Glide
Wood 8 cams, 58mm TB, Hillside heads, (Changed to R&R cast heads, went from 115 hp 113 tq to 125 hp 124.73 tq)  D&D Bosscat Wrapped performance baffle, awesome sound!

DennisG

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2011, 11:41:24 PM »

I know I have hijacked this thread but that bike just keeps getting better and better!  I put a KN filter on it yesterday and it opened it up more.  I would like to get one with more surface area.   i am learning how to ride the bike.  What I said about the stock 255 cams having more low end may be true in a similar build, but this bike has more of everything then the stock bike had and way more mid and top.  2k rpm is where it really starts to come on.  I can go through the gears and grab the throttle at 2 k in each gear and it just pulls and sounds awesome.  When it gets to about 2600 it sounds like a small block chevy with a glass pack.  I can't say enough about this fatcat, and lets not forget the build by Hillside!  The bike looks like its never been touched but all kinds of goodies have gone on inside.  Really fun!  Anybody that can afford it, they should make their CVO mean like it was supposed to be!  :orange: 

Dennis
2011 CVO Street Glide

timtoolman

• never enough torque!!!!!!!
  • Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: Hillside Stg 4 117, S&S 66 T.B. Woods 400-6, Rush 2-1 Wrath
« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2011, 08:48:43 AM »

you gotta love that hillside power!!!!!!! 

RayG

• "What the hell was I thinking?"
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FLHRSE4
« Reply #35 on: June 24, 2011, 12:56:56 PM »

This site seems to be blessed with very good vendors and many knowledgable people who care enough to give thorough answers without all the head games.  The class of this site and it's members is second to none.  Hopefully HD is doing more than just reading from this forum.  I have 45,000 miles on an unmolested 08 SERK but looking for a clean up next winter.  Nice to hear success stories and that the bike looked like it did when it went in.  I don't know about you guys but I always have concerns when my bike was out of my site and left at a dealership for work to be done.  I have chipped paint on the frame, cylinders, heads and valve covers from the enhancement program a few years ago.      

gabbyduffy

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #36 on: June 27, 2011, 08:55:55 PM »

Get the heads rolling, a Wood 8, H-D 10.5 cr piston, Fullsac exhaust, 58 S/E t/body with HPI's "Y" manifold, tune it, and let it eat.
Building another one of these potent combo's right now, for a client from the Cleveland, Ohio area. :2vrolijk_21:
He already had a D&D Fatcat, which is also a good choice.
Scott
I live in Cleveland great city. Scott are you still a fan of the andrews tw55's?

gabbyduffy

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #37 on: June 27, 2011, 09:29:56 PM »

So it actually starts!  Good news!  :smitten:  ;D    How does it sound?  The Fat Cat is on there I presume?     :vrolijk27:
Dennis im in the cleveland area send me an e-mail and we can hook up for a ride. I work at playhouse square as a stage hand and I just got done putting together a John Sachs build on my road glide. sduffy0222@yahoo.com

DennisG

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #38 on: June 28, 2011, 11:10:13 PM »

Dennis im in the cleveland area send me an e-mail and we can hook up for a ride. I work at playhouse square as a stage hand and I just got done putting together a John Sachs build on my road glide. sduffy0222@yahoo.com

Yes that will be cool.  I have to set up my email on this new Mac.  Ill get with you shortly

Dennis
2011 CVO Street Glide

ruiner73

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2
« Reply #39 on: July 01, 2011, 01:21:02 PM »

Dennis, sent you a PM

Maybe someone else can answer, I called Hillside & talked to a gentleman about Dennis' 110 build. I have a similiar set-up, but went with HPIs 54mm bored throttle body to keep the 'ventilator' air cleaner. I was under the impression that the 'ventilator' air cleaner would not bolt up to harley's 58mm throttle body, but the gentleman at Hillside said he thought that's what Dennis has on his bike, Dennis was able to use the 'ventilator' cover, just curious if he used a different back plate & what filter was used.
If anyone could point me to some part numbers that would be great. I've seen round backplates, but nothing from harley that would work with the 'ventilator' cover, maybe I missed something. Since we have the lowers with speakers & the heavy breather not fitting, I'm at a loss for a good air cleaner that looks good & fits the 58mm. I know Woods has one, but it looks awful big for me...

Can anyone confirm this info?
Will the 'ventilator' bolt up to the 58mm?

Thanks
Allan
« Last Edit: July 01, 2011, 01:29:28 PM by ruiner73 »
2011 CVO Streetglide, 124" Axtell, D&D exhaust, T-Man Cams, Baisley heads, 30T pulley & TTS tuner, Yaffe Monkey Bars, Alpine w/Hawg-Wired & Focals

DennisG

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #40 on: July 01, 2011, 01:27:35 PM »

Hi Allan,

I just sent you a PM.  I have the stock ventilator.  It seems to work. Scott would not steer you wrong.  I brought it to him with the stock AC and if he didn't alter it then thats what it is.  It must fit.

Dennis
2011 CVO Street Glide

DennisG

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #41 on: July 01, 2011, 01:31:39 PM »

Sent you an email

Dennis
2011 CVO Street Glide

Lever

• 1K CVO Member
  • keep the rubber side down
« Reply #42 on: July 09, 2011, 09:39:48 PM »

Get the heads rolling, a Wood 8, H-D 10.5 cr piston, Fullsac exhaust, 58 S/E t/body with HPI's "Y" manifold, tune it, and let it eat.
Building another one of these potent combo's right now, for a client from the Cleveland, Ohio area. :2vrolijk_21:
He already had a D&D Fatcat, which is also a good choice.
Scott

Hey scott what about the convertible model, we dont have fullsac exhaust option  for our bikes  ... whats your thought on vh pro pipe and also is there
much difference  in the set up recoomend  using fuelin 574 cam and  woods8  ...the reason i ask is iam using the 574 cam  atm 
thanks Lever
2010 CVO Convertible  crimson red sunglo/Autumn Haze with Metal Grind Graphics
2014 113  motor 10.8 compression
SAE smoothing #5  125.7 hp / 122.9 tq
2017 Road King M8
stage IV

HILLSIDECYCLE.COM

• Banned
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #43 on: July 12, 2011, 07:03:58 AM »

Don't see why a V&H Pro-Pipe won't work.
We've never used the Fueling cam, but can push that side/side comparison thru one of our engine programs, and report. :)
Scott

Dr.D

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SEDFB Sunrise Yellow and Black Quartz
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO Limited silver/orange
    • CVO3: 2015 Indian Vintage Custom 57 Chevy Blue
« Reply #44 on: July 12, 2011, 12:10:46 PM »

Hey Scott how does that Wood 8 compare to the Harley 259e cam?

I also would like to see you weigh in on the comment made about buying a 120r vs working up a 110.

Thanks for your time and efforts, glad you don't live here as that would be to expensive for me. :huepfenlol2:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Page created in 0.17 seconds with 21 queries.