Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All

Author Topic: 2011 CVO Street Glide. Wanna get rid of the cats.....  (Read 12373 times)

docrick

2011 CVO Street Glide. Wanna get rid of the cats.....
« on: May 30, 2011, 10:35:34 PM »

All right. This bike is awesome. I traded in my worked 2007 FLHX on a 2011 FLHXSE. I had a 103' with Rinehart true duals and a TMax on my 07 that ran very strong. I enjoyed the tuneability if the Tmax and i am wondering which way to go with my new scoot. the local ND dealer is telling me to run the HD race tuner and whatever pipes i prefer, that is too vague for me.
I actually am enjoying the quietness of the new ride but would like a little more bark. I have read that i can do the fullsac baffles, as i like the way the stock cans look. My question is....
What do i replace the stock header with to get rid of the cat? And when i remove the cat, is it necessary to use a different fuel management system? If so, which combos have been used and with what results good and bad? thanks for the input. RB

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Re: 2011 CVO Street Glide. Wanna get rid of the cats.....
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2011, 10:15:45 AM »

You can get the complete set up from Fullsac......the X pipe (header without cat), baffles of your choosing and the tuner with a map that's already set up for your choice.

Of course your dealership will not like it.....it's much cheaper than the route they're suggesting so they loose out on the profit margin. :nixweiss:

By the way, the added bonus with this set up.......while it's louder than stock and does sound like a Harley, it's not obnoxiously loud and so you're still able to hear your stereo. :2vrolijk_21:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2011, 12:01:03 PM »

X2...this is by far the easiest and most simple/foolproof upgrade you can do to the bike, and it doesn't cost you an arm and a leg.  If you have some mechanical skills and a laptop, you can do the work yourself and save even more.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

cahdbiker

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2011, 08:36:28 PM »

docrick, If you spend long days on your bike I recommend the fullsac 1.75 baffles in your stock mufflers along with a noncat headpipe. Either the original with no cat or the Fullsac X pipe which I understand from comments on the site is cost effective compared to sending your stock header into Steve at Fullsac and having the cat removed.( Does he still do that?). I have his stage one kit with HD highflow air filter, noncat stock head pipe, and 1.75 baffles. It is just a little louder than stock at idle, you have great sound during acceleration and nice mellow HD sound when cruising. Just my 2 cents and one beer. CAHDBIKER

2009 SEUC just south of Point Mugu Ventura County, Ca.

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2011, 08:41:49 PM »

docrick, If you spend long days on your bike I recommend the fullsac 1.75 baffles in your stock mufflers along with a noncat headpipe. Either the original with no cat or the Fullsac X pipe which I understand from comments on the site is cost effective compared to sending your stock header into Steve at Fullsac and having the cat removed.( Does he still do that?). I have his stage one kit with HD highflow air filter, noncat stock head pipe, and 1.75 baffles. It is just a little louder than stock at idle, you have great sound during acceleration and nice mellow HD sound when cruising. Just my 2 cents and one beer. CAHDBIKER

He doesn't do that anymore.....

docrick

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2011, 04:59:53 PM »

[/img]

Here is the new Glide! I appreciate the options you all have suggested and the suggestions are pretty close to what i was thinking. Does removing the cats have any negative effects on the warranty?

Is the Fullsac ECM module comparable to the thundermax? Meaning am i able to tune it myself via my computer or is just left alone once its setup and not tunable by mere mortals?

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2011, 05:29:19 PM »

Putting a header pipe on that doesn't have the cat, like the Fullsac X pipe, should not effect your warranty, but it will definitely effect the EPA test.

Fullsac does not offer an ECM...they offer the TTS Mastertune (they used to build the Screamin' Eagle Race Tuner for HD), which is  an interface that allows changes to the stock ECM "program".  And yes, there is some tuning you can do yourself with a laptop and doing some rides with it hooked into the ECM through the TTS.

But, if you just put the X pipe on and change out the standard baffles to one of the Fullsac products, the canned MAPs that they provide (included for free) are very, very close to being dead on, IMO.  Close enough for me, anyway.

Replacing the entire ECM with something like the Thundermax would be more likely to get you a warranty refusal, depending on what happened.  There are other products as well...RevTech is one that some people here are using with very good results...it works much like the Thundermax, but does not require replacement of the stock ECM, just a couple of modifications, and installation of wide band O2 sensors closer to the outlet of each cylinder, instead of the stock location of the narrow band sensors on the 2011 models.

TTS Mastertune

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2011, 05:46:06 PM »

There are other products as well...RevTech  "RevPerf" is one that some people here are using with very good results...it works much like the Thundermax, but does not require replacement of the stock ECM, just a couple of modifications, and installation of wide band O2 sensors closer to the outlet of each cylinder, instead of the stock location of the narrow band sensors on the 2011 models.

Almost as bad as no information is bad information.

:nixweiss: :nixweiss:

RevPerf

http://revperf.com/

SBB

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2011, 06:02:51 PM »

Hey, cut Terry some slack.....like you and me, he's gettin old. :nervous:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Harley_Charley

• Junior CVO Member
  • C&C

• CVO1: 2001 FLTRSEI2 Blue
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHXSE Candy Concord
    • CVO3: 2005 Honda Rune Illusion Blue
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2011, 08:51:46 PM »

All right. This bike is awesome. I traded in my worked 2007 FLHX on a 2011 FLHXSE. I had a 103' with Rinehart true duals and a TMax on my 07 that ran very strong. I enjoyed the tuneability if the Tmax and i am wondering which way to go with my new scoot. the local ND dealer is telling me to run the HD race tuner and whatever pipes i prefer, that is too vague for me.
I actually am enjoying the quietness of the new ride but would like a little more bark. I have read that i can do the fullsac baffles, as i like the way the stock cans look. My question is....
What do i replace the stock header with to get rid of the cat? And when i remove the cat, is it necessary to use a different fuel management system? If so, which combos have been used and with what results good and bad? thanks for the input. RB

I liked the quietness of the stock too for about a week and just to be different from most on this forum, I went with the Fuel Moto Jackpot 212 catless head pipe, Bubs Boom Cans and the Dynojet Powervision.  I would never cut the cats out of the stock head pipe so at any given time I can make it stock again.  Me and the dyno attached to my legs are happy with the results.

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2011, 09:14:37 PM »

Hey, cut Terry some slack.....like you and me, he's gettin old. :nervous:

Dave is "Gettinold",  me you and Terry are already there.

;)

SBB

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2011, 09:20:19 PM »

[/img]

Here is the new Glide! I appreciate the options you all have suggested and the suggestions are pretty close to what i was thinking. Does removing the cats have any negative effects on the warranty?

Is the Fullsac ECM module comparable to the thundermax? Meaning am i able to tune it myself via my computer or is just left alone once its setup and not tunable by mere mortals?

Removing the catalytic converter, altering the stock exhaust system, and retuning the bike are all considered tampering with the emission system.  It's illegal, it voids the emission system warranty, but it won't necessarily void your standard warranty.  That would depend on the actual failure and whether it was caused by your modifications.  Not something you should lose a lot of sleep over.

I would suggest that you keep all the stock parts just in case your state decides to start doing emissions tests or requiring stock exhaust systems.  It's already been proposed in more than one state, so you never know.

If you're looking for a so-called auto tuning solution, a lot of folks on the site have been recommending a system by Revolution Performance lately.  If you prefer a dyno tune, check with your chosen tuner for his recommendation for a device. 

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

HOGMIKE

• 1K CVO Member
  • 65 FLH 93" + others
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2011, 10:19:11 AM »

Other than the feedback you get from people here, why not give Steve a call at Fullsac?
He's a straight shooter, and has the patience to answer your questions.
Remember, he does not have a "staff" of "technicians" that answer phones all day long, so, it may take some time to catch him!

I had a business trip to LA yesterday, and have his "Stage whatever" on my 103 Limited. Bike ran flawlessly at speed, and splitting lanes. I can hear my stereo, oil temps stayed under 230 (warm day). Mileage is 40-43 at speed! (acceptable). No issues at all, very happy with the bike's performance.  FWIW, I'm at about 100/100 on the dyno.
BTW: with the TTS you don't replace the ecm, just reprogram it.
 8)
HOGMIKE

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2011, 12:24:28 PM »

Almost as bad as no information is bad information.

:nixweiss: :nixweiss:

RevPerf

http://revperf.com/

SBB

:duhk:  Those brain farts are getting more frequent as the years go by...

TTS Mastertune

HOGMIKE

• 1K CVO Member
  • 65 FLH 93" + others
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2011, 09:40:46 AM »

:duhk:  Those brain farts are getting more frequent as the years go by...

I believe that you, like most of us here also suffer from "CRS"! 8)
HOGMIKE
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All

Page created in 0.199 seconds with 20 queries.