Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Cruise control inop  (Read 7910 times)

Mr John DEUFF

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2
Re: Cruise control inop
« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2011, 04:20:58 PM »

Thank you for your answer and happy that your problem has disappeared...

...for the moment!  :-\

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2011, 04:39:38 PM »

Well, wouldn't you know it.  I took it in Monday and just for chits on the way to the shop I checked the CC and lo and behold it worked!  They did disassemble and check the wiring, etc, on the right handgrip side but found nothing.  So they cleared the code, road tested and could not duplicate.  Everything worked fine.  

Service mgr is ordering a new CC switch just in case so I bet I'll be back to have that replaced before long.  I hate intermittent electrical problems.

I love Harleys... :)..if you're lucky, they'll heal themselves.   :1112: har.  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
« Reply #32 on: June 25, 2011, 08:08:45 AM »

I've disconnected the roll off wire on the idle cable several months ago. My cruise was acting up and I thought it was the set switch on the handle bar. So I changed it and it didnt do a thing.   So I pulled off one of the wires on the cable and it works fine.   Just no roll off option to turn it off.  I guess I need a new cable someday.  I did change out my bars and it went bad shortly after that.   Could that have been the culprit ?   :nixweiss:

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2011, 08:49:43 AM »

I've disconnected the roll off wire on the idle cable several months ago. My cruise was acting up and I thought it was the set switch on the handle bar. So I changed it and it didnt do a thing.   So I pulled off one of the wires on the cable and it works fine.   Just no roll off option to turn it off.  I guess I need a new cable someday.  I did change out my bars and it went bad shortly after that.   Could that have been the culprit ?   :nixweiss:
what bars did you change to Stu?  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #34 on: June 25, 2011, 08:56:53 AM »

I went with the Wild Ones 575.   They have more pull back and a little wider than the stock bars. 

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #35 on: June 25, 2011, 10:37:12 AM »

I went with the Wild Ones 575.   They have more pull back and a little wider than the stock bars. 
Did you have to change cables?  :nixweiss: spyder

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #36 on: June 25, 2011, 10:46:19 AM »

I did use a longer clutch and brake lines.   The throttle cables seem to be long enough.  :nixweiss:
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.136 seconds with 24 queries.