Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Author Topic: Screamin Eagle 120 - Video  (Read 8557 times)

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
Screamin Eagle 120 - Video
« on: August 02, 2011, 08:39:47 AM »

cvobiker

• 2.5K CVO Member
Re: Screamin Eagle 120 - Video
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2011, 08:51:41 AM »

what is the retail $$$ on this motor??

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member
  • My future if I were Benjamin Button

• CVO1: 2001 FXDWG2 Switchblade - The Beast
    • CVO2: 2004 FXSTDSE2 Deuce - Beauty
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2011, 09:18:27 AM »

Cool! Just gotta figure out how to wedge one of those in to my '01 Wide Glide.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2011, 10:08:41 AM »

Thanks for posting Rob! :2vrolijk_21:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Dead_Reckoning

• Elite CVO Member
  • 03 SERK
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2011, 10:54:59 AM »

I was able to attend a Seminar on this at L-A Harley in Maine.
Right around $5,500 for the 120R - No Warranty

Cheers
DR

Government is best which governs least.

Power Commander 3 Tuner
Doherty Power PACC with K&N Air Filter
Screamin' EagleĀ® Hydraulic Cam Chain Tensioner and High-Flow Oil Pump
Headwinds 2" Bullet Passing Lights 50w'
Progressive 440HD Shocks & Monotube Fork cartridges
Dual Bulb Halogen Headlamp Kit

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2011, 11:02:32 AM »

$5700 to $6000 depending on the variant.

CVORick

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2011, 11:29:21 AM »

Thanks Rob, nice to watch.  Now, when are you getting one?
TTS Mastertune - Doc's Performance Tuning
Supertrapp 2:1 Supermeg
HD Bluetooth BOMM
Zumo 590LM with TPMS
Motolights with LEDs'
Progressive 440HD Shocks & Monotube Fork cartridges
LED Headlight & Driving Lights from HD

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2011, 12:32:47 PM »

Next gen CVO motor?   :nixweiss:
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

Trapperdog

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2009 ST1300 Police
    • CVO3: 2006 ST1300
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2011, 01:45:54 PM »

Hmmm...Better material crank but still a press fit?

Shovelhead

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FXDSE, SERT, SE Heavy Breather, V & H Big Radius 2 into 1, S&S 585 gear-driven cams, Rivera tapered adjustable pushrods, H-D Oil cooler, Baker DD7, SE Compensator, SOHB Wedge Tensioner
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2011, 02:47:28 PM »

......more pressed cranks ....yippee !!  :bananarock:

:soapbox:
.....started off having a great day this morning,had not been lied to or treated like a fool, then I visited an H-D dealer service dept

Steve Cole

• Manufacturer TTS
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2011, 03:12:48 PM »

Funny thing watching Tony try and describe an engine that he knows next to nothing about, he sure spreading the BS. He is the Sales manager at SE but all the performance stuff is headed up by Greg Rodriguez. Look around and you can find the engine for about $4200 out there but be ready to spend a little time cleaning it up. I still think its a good buy but tearing it apart is the smartest thing I did to mine. As for the premium flywheel and tighter press fit............ you can only press fit so far and then the pin begins to collapse on the ID. This point was being reached already with the current press fit! This is why it's important to press a solid plug into the pin to keep the pin in place in the flywheel. Welding is a nice insurance policy to keep thing in place.

Aslo remember it's a Race Only Engine so the warranty is over as soon as you open the box it came in!
The Best you know, is the Best you've had........ not necessarily the Best.

Half_Crazy

« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2011, 03:23:25 PM »

Next gen CVO motor?   :nixweiss:

HD would have a hard time getting emissions certification on that one. To make it fly with the feds they'd have to castrate it.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2011, 04:12:12 PM »

HD would have a hard time getting emissions certification on that one. To make it fly with the feds they'd have to castrate it.

Would be an even worse castration than they give our 110's & the 103's out the door.

HD has another motor in the works, indubitably.  As to what it is, that's anybody's guess.  But it's a good bet they have one in the wings.

Half_Crazy

« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2011, 04:42:45 PM »

Would be an even worse castration than they give our 110's & the 103's out the door.
HD has another motor in the works, indubitably.  As to what it is, that's anybody's guess.  But it's a good bet they have one in the wings.

That stands to reason. They haven't wasted any effort on the existing powertrain, probably because the effort is going into something new.

Emissions compliance is killing everyone. The manufacturers can't just keep making their air cooled engines bigger and bigger to combat the lack of power in federally compliant tune. HD motors are all 103" and making the same horsepower the TC-88 made back in 2000. Victory is up to 106" and they make about the same horsepower the old 92" motor made. Yamaha's 113" is down in the 80s on horsepower too. Lucky for us, there is little enforcement after the sale so we can work around it as owners. How many of us maintain emissions compliance, keep the catalytic converters, etc? The 120R is 'race only' and people are steady stuffing those into baggers. Everything we buy is 'off-road use only' and we sure as hell use it on the roads without any consequences.

I'm thinking liquid cooling is inevitable across the board, though. Only a matter of time. Sad to say, but compliance enforcement is probably coming too.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2011, 04:50:33 PM »

That stands to reason. They haven't wasted any effort on the existing powertrain, probably because the effort is going into something new.

Emissions compliance is killing everyone. The manufacturers can't just keep making their air cooled engines bigger and bigger to combat the lack of power in federally compliant tune. HD motors are all 103" and making the same horsepower the TC-88 made back in 2000. Victory is up to 106" and they make about the same horsepower the old 92" motor made. Yamaha's 113" is down in the 80s on horsepower too. Lucky for us, there is little enforcement after the sale so we can work around it as owners. How many of us maintain emissions compliance, keep the catalytic converters, etc? The 120R is 'race only' and people are steady stuffing those into baggers. Everything we buy is 'off-road use only' and we sure as hell use it on the roads without any consequences.

I'm thinking liquid cooling is inevitable across the board, though. Only a matter of time. Sad to say, but compliance enforcement is probably coming too.

Reluctantly agree on the fed. compliance deal.  Hopefully will grandfather older motors so we can still have some fun.  As to the H2O Glide - it's been rumored for so many years now, with each year "The year."  Figured it would be a ramped up V-Rod "revolution" motor fit into a modified touring frame.  So far it's just a rumor of things to come.  Water cooled would allow for a LOT more HP/TQ & some interesting turbocharging, etc. opportunities - with a steady heat mgt. system.  Not that there is a real bright side to a water jacket bike, but that could be one.

Would prefer the gummint stayed out of our lives & allowed us to do as we wished when it comes to cars, trucks, bikes, etc.  But the nanny state is alive & kicking when it comes to regs on emissions, & that is one VERY sad fact of life these days.  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Page created in 0.16 seconds with 20 queries.