Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All

Author Topic: Bike is here!! YEEEEhAAAAA! Thanks to all for the help.  (Read 7081 times)

Sledge

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHTCUSE6 Black Ember, Rio Red

Thanks Early,

I'll try to keep updates here on how it goes.  Maybe it will help others with the long distance arrangements.  So far so good.
"I don't want a pickle, just want to ride on my motorsickle,
and I don't want to die, just want to ride on my motorcy...cle."
Arlo Guthrie

mrmagloo

• 1K CVO Member

Dude you don't understand.  I would love to ride it home.  If I leave to go get it all my crap will be out in the yard when I get back and the locks will be changed.  My wife can't know about it 'till it shows up at the door man.  It ain't about bein' a man, it's about how I can't afford to get a divorce lol.

Haha, I just hope she gets over it quickly. Some of these female critters seem to have some pretty long memories...

Good luck.
2004 SE Deuce - Cobalt Blue
2006 SE Ultra Classic - Autumn Haze

Wild Card

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: FXSTSSE3

Dude you don't understand.  I would love to ride it home.  If I leave to go get it all my crap will be out in the yard when I get back and the locks will be changed.  My wife can't know about it 'till it shows up at the door man.  It ain't about bein' a man, it's about how I can't afford to get a divorce lol.

Ah, now THAT'S love...

...for a bike.   :2vrolijk_21:

Dr.D

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SEDFB Sunrise Yellow and Black Quartz
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO Limited silver/orange
    • CVO3: 2015 Indian Vintage Custom 57 Chevy Blue

When I bought my bike from the Outer Banks I checked on shipping and ended up borrowing a trailer and picking it up myself but it was only 600 miles. Good luck introducing your wife to the new addition to the family. :D

This web site is a great place to learn and seek help.

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member
  • My future if I were Benjamin Button

• CVO1: 2001 FXDWG2 Switchblade - The Beast
    • CVO2: 2004 FXSTDSE2 Deuce - Beauty

Haha, I just hope she gets over it quickly. Some of these female critters seem to have some pretty long memories...

Good luck.

Nothing a good meal and some diamonds can't fix.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8

When I bought my bike from the Outer Banks I checked on shipping and ended up borrowing a trailer and picking it up myself but it was only 600 miles. Good luck introducing your wife to the new addition to the family. :D

This web site is a great place to learn and seek help.

This one begs the question......why didn't you just ride it home?   Or was it during one of those storms you guys have back there?
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Sledge

• Senior CVO Member

Definitely love the wife more than the bike.  Since she won't leave me over it (I'm sure) the worst I will have to endure is tears about being scared I won't come home, lectures about how dangerous it is, the stuff I had to put up with the first time I ambushed her with a bike in the garage.  She did say that I would never get another bj if I get another bike lol.  I'm praying she didn't mean that.  Might have to give up riding altogether if she does.
Arlo Guthrie

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member

Definitely love the wife more than the bike.  Since she won't leave me over it (I'm sure) the worst I will have to endure is tears about being scared I won't come home, lectures about how dangerous it is, the stuff I had to put up with the first time I ambushed her with a bike in the garage.  She did say that I would never get another bj if I get another bike lol.  I'm praying she didn't mean that.  Might have to give up riding altogether if she does.

That's a tough call!

mrmagloo

• 1K CVO Member

Jeez, that would definitely make for a big decision!   I'm kind of betting too, that if she ever stumbles on this thread, you'll be SOL too!
2004 SE Deuce - Cobalt Blue
2006 SE Ultra Classic - Autumn Haze

Ghost Rider

• 1K CVO Member
  • EBCM # WHORE

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Kermit
    • CVO2: 2015 Victory Ness Magnum #31 of 299
    • CVO3: 2013 Can-Am Spyder RTS

Jeez, that would definitely make for a big decision!   I'm kind of betting too, that if she ever stumbles on this thread, you'll be SOL too!

I was thinking the same thing.  He just as well get the bike now cause he's already in the dog house now.

hdnut

• Elite CVO Member

That bike is a friend of mines bike and it's a great deal!
hdnut

CVOfan

• 2012 FLHXSE3
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
    • CVO2: 2012 GMC Denali Duramax HD

Nothing a good meal and some diamonds can't fix.

I got a 2011 SESG for my wife.............................I'm sure gonna miss her!   :huepfenlol2:

V&H High Output headers
Fullsac 2" inserts

Sledge

• Senior CVO Member

Got my email copy of the title today and am overnighting the check tomorrow.  Seller will overnight the original title and lien release when my bank draft clears.  Bike will be picked up next Thursday.  Should have my bike by first week in October (approx 2 weeks transit max they say).

Many thanks to Biker Bill for giving it the eyeball for me.  Also thanks to HDNut for the insight and feedback on the seller, who he knows personally.

To all you guys who stood by to assist me while my search bounced all over the country, thanks for your willingness to help.

I'll be posting pics (if I get 'em) of Keyboard Carriers (aka Keyboardmotorcycle) as they pack it up and unpack it here.  And by the way they DO pick up/deliver at your door as long as you don't live in a culdesac where the semi can't turn around.

Arlo Guthrie

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4

Got my email copy of the title today and am overnighting the check tomorrow.  Seller will overnight the original title and lien release when my bank draft clears.  Bike will be picked up next Thursday.  Should have my bike by first week in October (approx 2 weeks transit max they say).

Many thanks to Biker Bill for giving it the eyeball for me.  Also thanks to HDNut for the insight and feedback on the seller, who he knows personally.

To all you guys who stood by to assist me while my search bounced all over the country, thanks for your willingness to help.

I'll be posting pics (if I get 'em) of Keyboard Carriers (aka Keyboardmotorcycle) as they pack it up and unpack it here.  And by the way they DO pick up/deliver at your door as long as you don't live in a culdesac where the semi can't turn around.

:2vrolijk_21:

Sounds like you are well on your way to placing hands on your new bike! 
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member

Sounds like great progress. Lookong forward to photos of your new acquisition!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All

Page created in 0.177 seconds with 20 queries.