Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All

Author Topic: Handlebar Suggestions  (Read 18164 times)

tequillaCVO2010

Re: Handlebar Suggestions
« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2011, 05:37:19 PM »

Here is a pic of my 2010 FLHXSE with Yaffe 12" Monkey Bars... I love 'em..!!!  Although the wiring part was a pain in the arse!

2010 FLHXSE TEQUILLA SUNRISE

sinktip

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 CVO Street Glide
« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2011, 07:33:45 PM »

Nice bike Tequila!

Was hoping to tear into mine this weekend but still have a brakeline on order. Hoping it shows tomorrow.

BostonboyDH

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #32 on: December 10, 2011, 08:33:34 AM »

Any experience with BR Custom Bars or Handlebar Lee's meat hook style bars?

I just Received my custom handlebars from Bill Ricard aka BR's Custom Bars his craftsmanship is outstanding I actually took my bike up to his shop and we spent three hours mocking up custom bars to my specs, tweeking them here and there as they were being tacked together, Bill is pleasent to work with and was very patient while I sat on my bike deciding whether I wanted the bars this high or shorten them, I like this angle, but we need to turn them in a degree, no turn them down a degree, and so on, while he was mocking the up, back and fourth on my bike! All of his bars are welded and polished by hand in house, then sent to a chrome plater, then back to him for buffing and final inspection nothing is out sourced. Unfortunately I will be getting them installed over this winter!      "DH"

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #33 on: December 10, 2011, 08:45:54 AM »

I just Received my custom handlebars from Bill Ricard aka BR's Custom Bars his craftsmanship is outstanding I actually took my bike up to his shop and we spent three hours mocking up custom bars to my specs, tweeking them here and there as they were being tacked together, Bill is pleasent to work with and was very patient while I sat on my bike deciding whether I wanted the bars this high or shorten them, I like this angle, but we need to turn them in a degree, no turn them down a degree, and so on, while he was mocking the up, back and fourth on my bike! All of his bars are welded and polished by hand in house, then sent to a chrome plater, then back to him for buffing and final inspection nothing is out sourced. Unfortunately I will be getting them installed over this winter!      "DH"

:worthless: :worthless:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

BostonboyDH

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #34 on: December 10, 2011, 11:20:29 AM »

Sorry JCZ,     I repackaged them after I recieved them and did my inspection, They were wrapped and packed so well, once I got every thing back in the box I cant bring my self to do it again untill they get installed, but I will post a pic as soon as they get put on my bike!     "DH"

• My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge, when my information changes, I alter my conclusions
  • 5k CVO Member
  • monter le cheval de fer (French)
    • NC

• CVO1: 2013 SERK-Dressed in BLUE of course.
    • CVO2: 2002 Supercharged HD F150 512 RWHP
    • CVO3: 1956 BelAir Sports Coupe
« Reply #35 on: December 10, 2011, 11:30:19 AM »

I did not know a rug had handle bars....

I think the Wild 1 515 are about as tall as you can go, which are 10", some say the 12" work but tight.

10" are the highest without probs.....ie streaching the P out of the brake line!!
Most Honda Goldwing riders will blink when hit in the head  with a ball-peen hammer (sans helmet)

gordy

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #36 on: December 11, 2011, 11:50:53 PM »

Here's a set of modified Carlini's on my 2009 SERG-comfy

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #37 on: December 11, 2011, 11:55:04 PM »

Here's a set of modified Carlini's on my 2009 SERG-comfy

I'd like to see more photos of these bars.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Montanakid

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #38 on: December 12, 2011, 01:12:35 AM »

Hey Tequilla, with the 12 in monkey bars did you have to get all new cables and how far above the batwing are the bars. I'm thinkin the 12 in but not sure if I want the bars above the fairing. Thanks 8)
S&S T 124 LC Engine
D&D Borzilla Eghaust
Horsepower Inc Throttle Assembly
Hawg Wired 6 Pack System
Progressive Monotubes Front
Progressive 440's Rear

aclass

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #39 on: December 12, 2011, 06:56:53 PM »

Hey Tequilla, with the 12 in monkey bars did you have to get all new cables and how far above the batwing are the bars. I'm thinkin the 12 in but not sure if I want the bars above the fairing. Thanks 8)

Montanakid,   I put the 12" bars on my SERG and did not have to lengthen the internal wiring, there is a plenty. Although I did get longer clutch and brake lines.

gordy

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #40 on: December 12, 2011, 10:42:08 PM »

JCZ-comin' at ya

gordy

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #41 on: December 12, 2011, 10:47:20 PM »

one more.  Got this set of bars from Carlini and they weren't what I thought they'd be.  Freight was outragious, so I cut, shortened and twisted the tubing to make this one of bar. 1 1/4" tube throughout, which made it necessary to replace the clamp with another one of piece.  A lot of work but I like them.   

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #42 on: December 13, 2011, 08:47:28 AM »

Gordy, can you tell us how they're different from what you got?  I mean what did they look like then?

These bars seem to come back more than 2".  How far back are they from stock?

West Coast GTG   

gordy

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #43 on: December 13, 2011, 11:39:59 PM »

These started as Carlini "Flying Apes".  I cut both uprights twice and sleeved them back together.  This allowed me to straighten out the outside curve and to reposition the hand angle after setting the pullback.  I can't remember what the stock measurements were but I didn't find them comfortable. These bars ended up approx 32" wide, 7" rise and 12" pullback.  I'll see if Susie has a pic of me riding and post it later.

DoubledUp

• CVO1: 2008 Screamin' Eagle Softail Springer
« Reply #44 on: December 19, 2011, 06:09:57 AM »

Big fan of Carlini here. They are extrememly comfortable too. They are 16" Carlini Gangster Apes. Not a bagger or my CVO, but I do love the bars. I just got my CVO and am still undecided on which way to go with new bars. I dont know if I want two bikes with the same bars.....
2004 Softail, lowered, chromed, 16" Carlini Gangster Apes, Pythons and custom painted tank logos.
2008 CVO Springer, Black V&H Short Shots, tuner.
2012 Street Glide, work in progress.....
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All

Page created in 0.156 seconds with 25 queries.