Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Headwinds lighting  (Read 1462 times)

barefoot3zk5

• Elite CVO Member
  • I used to be a KRYPTO.. Now I'm 1 OF 1

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSEII Dragula 2/1 exh.. Performance Mach airbox..Metalsports 26" front wheel w/6piston singleside brake 13" rotor and matched 18" rear 200 tire..TTS tuner by DOC .. Woods cams and Hi comp pistons.. 600 LEDs hidden PLUS, SONY head unit and gauges all green LEDs to match,500watt ARC amp w/4 Focal6.5 spkrs,Install by Peter @SOUNDZ .. Yafee tag frame . chrome inner/outer primary. greeen gator seat/backrest ..major engine mods 125+ HP and powder coated heads/cyl and diamond cut. homemade rear air suspension
Headwinds lighting
« on: December 03, 2011, 11:26:28 AM »

Spoke with Joel at Headwinds this week a couple times and finally got my order in with after some indecision on my part ( the Revolver Vampire driving/turn combo is the NUTZ) and him having to deal with power outage in his area related to high winds ..
Joel jus kills ya with kindness, patience and unequaled product in his effort to get ya what ya want ..
hope to have his stuff in and on sooon and will get some pics up as well ...  Thanx  :2vrolijk_21:

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Re: Headwinds lighting
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2011, 09:52:57 PM »

Headwinds makes a very nice product.  They make a very nice, small set of driving lights (some refer to as passing lamps) that are much smaller (and much nicer looking) than the OEM driving lights on the Ultra Classics.......that look pretty nice on the Street Glide. :2vrolijk_21:

Look forward to seeing what you end up with.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

barefoot3zk5

• Elite CVO Member
  • I used to be a KRYPTO.. Now I'm 1 OF 1

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSEII Dragula 2/1 exh.. Performance Mach airbox..Metalsports 26" front wheel w/6piston singleside brake 13" rotor and matched 18" rear 200 tire..TTS tuner by DOC .. Woods cams and Hi comp pistons.. 600 LEDs hidden PLUS, SONY head unit and gauges all green LEDs to match,500watt ARC amp w/4 Focal6.5 spkrs,Install by Peter @SOUNDZ .. Yafee tag frame . chrome inner/outer primary. greeen gator seat/backrest ..major engine mods 125+ HP and powder coated heads/cyl and diamond cut. homemade rear air suspension
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2011, 01:25:10 AM »

yeh.. thats the ticket.. I think we  talkin same thing.. this from their catalog.. this is driving lamp and has a matching turn signal .. and even a nacelle is available .. Headwinds is in a class of their own ... OR .. Should I say "A class they own"???  IMHO..  
« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 01:31:52 AM by barefoot3zk5 »

2010 FLHX

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2011, 05:25:24 AM »

I went with the H-D 7" LED Headlamp. Best $500 I've spent on "dialing in." It looks nice, stock config. but a different looking lens. I looked at adding a "three bar" tail-light above the stop lights/turn signals. I had the kit in hand. It requires removing the fender to get at the fasteners in the chrome light bar. Also, "cut wiring straps, route leads along rear fender," some sort of reference to an "indeterminate lead" which I suppose is for an accessory unit. Plugs in under the seat -- but not to the accessory socket. The unit was about $160. I returned it.

I looked at LED bulbs for the passing lamps and tail lights. Evidently these require some installation of a capacitor so that the draw in the blinker switch doesn't act like a burned out bulb.

Who ever decided that the Street Glide doesn't need a full-size tail light needs to have a "design review" assessment in his employee file.

Did I mention that my objective in lighting is seeing the road, and being seen? We're not dressing the bike for the Easter Parade. :D

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2011, 09:48:38 AM »

Click on this link to see a number of pics of the Headwinds driving lights w/turn signals on a Street Glide.....

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=56443.msg908716#msg908716

Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2011, 09:51:50 AM »

West Coast GTG   

Page created in 0.133 seconds with 20 queries.