Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10  All

Author Topic: SOMETHING TO WATCH ..STAGE III BUILD,IN PROCESS...  (Read 14902 times)

Razorback

Re: SOMETHING TO WATCH ..STAGE III BUILD,IN PROCESS...
« Reply #120 on: February 24, 2012, 12:23:53 PM »

Specific heavy drum? Please explain, all dynojets have heavy drums just not all the same as they needed to be drilled for balancing and were then weighed again.

smiley1049

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #121 on: February 24, 2012, 12:36:10 PM »

I thought this topic was about somebody that was excited about their build just like thousands of other people have done on this site witch is fabulous as that is what this site is about and the guy is happy with his results. People know that all dynos are subjective  and every dyno will be different than the next guys.
LET IT GO WHO REALLY CARES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Heatwave

• 1K CVO Member
  • ‘10 CVO Ultra 120/127 & ‘17 CVO LTD 140/151

• CVO1: 2017 CVO Limited (Garnet/Red) 128ci
    • CVO2: 2010 SE Ultra (Red/Slate)
« Reply #122 on: February 24, 2012, 12:39:41 PM »

I thought this topic was about somebody that was excited about their build just like thousands of other people have done on this site witch is fabulous as that is what this site is about and the guy is happy with his results. People know that all dynos are subjective  and every dyno will be different than the next guys.
LET IT GO WHO REALLY CARES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+1, I guess people get some kind of enjoyment out of dumping on others. Just the way of the world I guess.

Slacker, congrats and enjoy the hell out of that beast of a ride!

HILLSIDECYCLE.COM

• Banned
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #123 on: February 24, 2012, 12:43:14 PM »

Specific heavy drum? Please explain, all dynojets have heavy drums just not all the same as they needed to be drilled for balancing and were then weighed again.

Your the self-proclaimed expert, so there is no need whatsoever, to entertain you with any type of response, that would be subjected to your astute knowledge, or better yet, lack of..................

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #124 on: February 24, 2012, 12:44:47 PM »

Why is it, that you are attempting to make a mockery, of slackers build?
What negative agenda, are you heading towards?

Not sure if it's Scott or Mrs Hillside I'm responding to so can't offer the courtesy of speaking directly.  However.....   

Since it's your build you're defending as much as Joe's tuning efforts and slackers (presumably) hurt feelings we'll deal with them in that order.

Your build and your feelings:  I could give a chit less and wasn't talking to you. 

Joe's tuning efforts:  Have said all along his outcomes are reported to be nice riding bikes.  Just that his numbers are often on the happy side.  I'm not new to that suggestion though.  Neither now nor historically.  As to how it impacts the perception of your build and its follow on sales efforts; see above ^ .

Slacker's hurt feelings:  Have also said from the beginning that the single most important thing was that he was happy with his efforts (him, not you, dipstick).  That the man is pleased is, in fact, the single most relevant factor to the entire thread.

Doing as is often done and having a little fun with the way dyno reports are used, misused, blindingly trusted, optimistically believed, and/or misunderstood is just that; having a little fun.  It's not at anyone's expense (perhaps other than the builder who feels his ox (and future sales efforts) is being gored by pointing out that perhaps optimistic numbers are worth questioning.  Any salesman's suggestions are worth questioning though.  We should all remember that as we spend our money.

That the numbers may or may not be optimistic doesn't mean his bike doesn't run well.  Even very well.  That it does and that he's happy, as has been said before, is the single most important thing.  Congratulations have been sincerely extended; to him.  As for you and your narcissistic insecurities pandering to your own sales efforts trolling in what you perceive to be a target rich environment; piss off.

PASN YU

• Ride Hard
  • Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: 2019 FLTRXSE Mako Shark
« Reply #125 on: February 24, 2012, 01:34:14 PM »

I love all of this bench racing... his numbers are bigger than his numbers. Here's an idea that was mentioned before in this thread. Post your quarter mile time slips. Then if you don't agree with that, you can get together and run them. That'll tell you who's "numbers" are the biggest. Proof is in the slips.   :2vrolijk_21:
Trust, but verify.

Steve Cole

• Manufacturer TTS
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #126 on: February 24, 2012, 01:49:59 PM »

I'm going to jump in here on this post only as it is misleading at best. Maybe you do not go back far enough in your knowledge base but DynoJet offered there dyno's with TWO different drum weights! You WERE in the past able to order the dyno with the standard LIGHT drum or pay extra and get the HEAVY drum unit. It was an option and you paid extra for it. I know this first hand as I own the very first dyno they sold with the eddy brake and helped them rewrite the install instructions for this option. I also ordered the Heavy Drum option!

Now move forward a bunch of years and the 250I has only been offered with the heavy drum, no option and no talk about the light drum they used to use. So when people bring up the heavy drum it is a real part.
The Best you know, is the Best you've had........ not necessarily the Best.

HILLSIDECYCLE.COM

• Banned
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #127 on: February 24, 2012, 01:51:56 PM »

Not sure if it's Scott or Mrs Hillside I'm responding to so can't offer the courtesy of speaking directly.  However.....   

Since it's your build you're defending as much as Joe's tuning efforts and slackers (presumably) hurt feelings we'll deal with them in that order.

Your build and your feelings:  I could give a chit less and wasn't talking to you. 

Joe's tuning efforts:  Have said all along his outcomes are reported to be nice riding bikes.  Just that his numbers are often on the happy side.  I'm not new to that suggestion though.  Neither now nor historically.  As to how it impacts the perception of your build and its follow on sales efforts; see above ^ .

Slacker's hurt feelings:  Have also said from the beginning that the single most important thing was that he was happy with his efforts (him, not you, dipstick).  That the man is pleased is, in fact, the single most relevant factor to the entire thread.

Doing as is often done and having a little fun with the way dyno reports are used, misused, blindingly trusted, optimistically believed, and/or misunderstood is just that; having a little fun.  It's not at anyone's expense (perhaps other than the builder who feels his ox (and future sales efforts) is being gored by pointing out that perhaps optimistic numbers are worth questioning.  Any salesman's suggestions are worth questioning though.  We should all remember that as we spend our money.

That the numbers may or may not be optimistic doesn't mean his bike doesn't run well.  Even very well.  That it does and that he's happy, as has been said before, is the single most important thing.  Congratulations have been sincerely extended; to him.  As for you and your narcissistic insecurities pandering to your own sales efforts trolling in what you perceive to be a target rich environment; piss off.

Feel free to call us, with any of your continued name calling, antagonistic, or demeaning remarks, or any other detrimental comments, for that matter....................... :)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #128 on: February 24, 2012, 02:08:26 PM »

Guys.....so that we're all on the same page, please review the rules for posting.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Eagle Eye

• THE EAGLE HAS LANDED!
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Every day is a great day to ride!

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUE2 Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
« Reply #129 on: February 24, 2012, 02:13:43 PM »

Guys.....so that we're all on the same page, please review the rules for posting.
:2vrolijk_21:
Ken2
Vietnam Vet
Spec-5
Medic
US Army

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #130 on: February 24, 2012, 02:20:18 PM »

Feel free to call us, with any of your continued name calling, antagonistic, or demeaning remarks, or any other detrimental comments, for that matter....................... :)

Don't need to call you.  There are shops who don't exaggerate or get pissy when they're questioned.  It's easier that way .

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #131 on: February 24, 2012, 02:22:22 PM »

And.......  to circle the wagons; Slacker, once again glad you seem so pleased with how the bike will run.  That's a good feeling.  It's a real process from start to finish so when the finish comes productively you deserve it.  Have fun this riding season :drink: :2vrolijk_21: .

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #132 on: February 24, 2012, 02:23:48 PM »

lets keep this thread about Slacker's build, and not the shop vs. shop BS
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

BUCKNUT GREG

• BUCKNUT
  • 1K CVO Member
    • OH

« Reply #133 on: February 24, 2012, 02:41:09 PM »

lets keep this thread about Slacker's build, and not the shop vs. shop BS
And the Congregation said ... AMEN  :o

HILLSIDECYCLE.COM

• Banned
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #134 on: February 24, 2012, 03:15:17 PM »

I for one, am certainly surprised that the moderators allow the individual known as twolaner, to continually berate, and harrass members here, without repercussions. :o
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10  All

Page created in 0.338 seconds with 21 queries.