Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All

Author Topic: 2012 CVO SG and iPod dropping connection to headunit  (Read 16654 times)

CowboyBagger

• 1K CVO Member
  • Standing on the Corner!
    • AZ

• CVO1: FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: FLTRKSEANV Heritage paint
Re: 2012 CVO SG and iPod dropping connection to headunit
« Reply #60 on: January 17, 2013, 10:20:43 PM »

Took the bike out today for a 40 degree ride, guess what, I Pod doesn't even show up on the HK head unit. Cycled through the system 3 or 4 times, unplugged and plugged the I Pod to no avail.  I think the Biketronics complete system with H.A.T. speakers is looking pretty darn good.  I thought about keeping the HK head unit, but now I think the Sony head unit with IPod, USB and Bluetooth to the Cardo in the Schuberth is looking like the way to go.

Cowboy
From an ocean tide, to an 8 second ride! Life is a ride, so make it a good one.

maia812

« Reply #61 on: January 28, 2013, 09:14:48 PM »

Do you have a LOJACK  on that bike ?

dp

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #62 on: January 31, 2013, 10:44:38 AM »

Well, here's my saga. After changing out Ipod cables, and just about everything else except the radio itself, I accidently discovered if I unplug the Aux jack that is connected to the Zumo 665, the Ipod works without a problem. Turns out if I have anything plugged into the Aux jack and use the Ipod, it starts cutting out after about 25-30 minutes. Didn't do this for a long time. I know it makes no sense, just my story. I should say this is on my 2011 CVO SG. One on 2013 CVO RG works great so far. Since I rarely use the Zumo anyway and when I do, I really don't need the voice direction commands coming over the speakers, I can live with it. Dealer has been great, but I'm tired of taking it in.
2013 CVO Roadglide

maia812

« Reply #63 on: February 12, 2013, 09:17:41 AM »

I have heard that if a Lojack is installed on a bike with that I-Pod system, It interferes with the electronics on that bike. I myself don't believe that at all. Do you have a Lojack on that bike? 

dp

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #64 on: February 12, 2013, 01:58:25 PM »

I have heard that if a Lojack is installed on a bike with that I-Pod system, It interferes with the electronics on that bike. I myself don't believe that at all. Do you have a Lojack on that bike? 

No
2013 CVO Roadglide

maia812

« Reply #65 on: February 12, 2013, 05:20:35 PM »

I didnt think so.  My buddy is having a BAAAD time with his I-Pod system.  He's  thinking  Lemon law.

skratch

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Roman Gold/Burnt Emerald
« Reply #66 on: February 12, 2013, 07:57:01 PM »

if the bike is otherwise sound, i think lemon law is a bit exteme for an ipod issue.  before i gave the bike back, i would have them replace the entire headunit and accessory modules first.
I understand the concept of reality, but find it too confining as a way of life

maia812

« Reply #67 on: February 12, 2013, 09:52:48 PM »

that was all done  on his too.   he says its  still messing up.

gtaboyz

• Junior CVO Member
  • Diamond Black Inferno Orange SESG

• CVO1: '04 SEEG Orange / Black
    • CVO2: '10 SESG Tequilla Sunrise
    • CVO3: '11 SESG Diamond Black / Inferno Orange
« Reply #68 on: February 12, 2013, 11:24:54 PM »

I have heard that if a Lojack is installed on a bike with that I'd system, It interferes with the electronics on that bike. I myself don't believe that at all. Do you have a Lojack on that bike? 

LoJack should have absolutely nothing to do with it at all. The LoJack does not get activated unless a police report is filed and the vehicle is entered NCIC as stolen then LoJack sends the activation signal when their computers speak to the NCIC database. The only exception is if you have the early warning system with the key fob and if the fob gets too far from the main unit it will call a preset phone or pager number to notify you. I don't work for the company however, I work with them regularly, best insurance you can have for your bike howevver if you have it don't tell anyone, thats part of what keeps the system secure, you could have 100 bike lined up and you would't know which had it or which didn't.
So Far....120.5HP/120.5TQ....Screamin' Eagle Pro110 Upgrade, 10.5:1 High Compression Pistons, SE-259E Cams, Baisley Adjustable Pushrods, Baisley Heads, SE 58mm Throttle Body, SE High Flow Injectors, High Performance Clutch Spring, SE Pro Super Tuner, SE Heavy Breather, D&D Fat Cat 2:1 Exhaust w/ Left Side Falsie, Chrome Inner Primary, Chrome 1.4KW Starter, HD Saddle Bag Lid Speakers w/ Rear Amp, Color Matched Chopped Tour Pak, Custom Alligator Seat, Dakota Digital Hidden Antenna, Zumo 665, +++

maia812

« Reply #69 on: February 13, 2013, 07:13:28 AM »

I agree. If you did know which ONE had the Lojack, I'm sure you would not pick that one!!!!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All

Page created in 0.136 seconds with 20 queries.