Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: Michelin ComanderII rear tire  (Read 8385 times)

SERK3

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 07 FLHRSE3
Re: Michelin ComanderII rear tire
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2012, 07:28:33 AM »

Same here, i have run Michelin's on car's and 4X4 PU's for a lot of year's and i will check these out as soon as i need new tire's for my SERK. I just bought a 2012 Chev. 4X4 with Firestone Tires, i will put Michelin's on it very soon. :2vrolijk_21:
07 SCREAMIN EAGLE ROAD KING, RAZOR RED WITH GOLD FLAMES
V&H DUALS WITH HI-OUTPUT SLIP-ONS, ZIPPERS THUNDER MAX w/AUTOTUNE, NESS BIG SUCKER, LED TURN AND BRAKE LIGHTS. FARING, HARD BAGS & KING TOUR PAK.
LIVE EASY, RIDE HARD

red ben59

• 1K CVO Member
  • ALL GAVE SOME SOME GAVE ALL
    • NC

• CVO1: 08 FXDSE2
    • CVO2: 09 FLHTCUSE4
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCUSE8
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2012, 10:29:28 AM »

Thinking I might give them a shot, always got great service on the trucks and cages out of the Michelin's. Damn tired ( no pun intended ) of changing the dunflops every  7,000 to 9,000 miles. ???

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2021 CVO Limited
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2012, 10:14:09 PM »

I just ordered the Michelin Commander ll for front and rear.  I should have them on by this weekend.  The sidewalls are not gray letters.  Those areas are just real smooth and shiny when new and the photos make them stand out like they are gray.  I'm tired of the premature cupping on the Dunlops.  The Commander ll's are supposed to be designed to prevent all types of uneven tire wear also.  I only put 10,000 miles on both front and rear Dunlops this time around and the rear has been garbage for I don't know how many thousand miles.  The outer edge of the tread looks like steps now and the ride is horrible.  I'm hoping that the new tires get rid of the front end wobble that I'm experiencing, and if not, it looks like I have some other problem to deal with.  At least this will eliminate the tire factor and close in on the problem.  I've already had the steering head checked and tightened and that served as no resolution at all, if not actually making it more noticeable.  By the way, the Michelin Commander ll's are costing me $307 including tax for the pair, or just a few bucks more than the dealer wants to charge for just the rear Dunlop alone.

« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 10:53:52 PM by 1abastarsmda »

• My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge, when my information changes, I alter my conclusions
  • 5k CVO Member
  • monter le cheval de fer (French)
    • NC

• CVO1: 2013 SERK-Dressed in BLUE of course.
    • CVO2: 2002 Supercharged HD F150 512 RWHP
    • CVO3: 1956 BelAir Sports Coupe
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2012, 07:33:59 AM »

No doubt that is a great price! Keep us posted on any wear issues as it will be about 4K before I need to change. Good luck.
Most Honda Goldwing riders will blink when hit in the head  with a ball-peen hammer (sans helmet)

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2012, 05:12:37 PM »

I had the Michelin Commander ll's mounted today and rode around in the rain for a while.  They ride pretty smooth and I seemed to have a bit more confidence in curves than I normally do in the rain...but then again I always seem to feel better on new tires and I wasn't pushing it by any means, since of course they are new tires and I would like the surface scuffed a bit to push it.  Anyway, I had a big disappointment that I didn't notice until they were on the bike.  The correct direction for mounting them on the front is backwards...like the Dunlops.  The rear tread goes in the direction I would expect, but the fronts go the other direction.  What's up with that?  Does anyone out there know if there is some reason why Michelin and Dunlop are both doing this?  With the Dunlops, it just seemed like a cheap way out of the problems they were having with cupping, but now with the Michelin's being a brand new product, what gives?  Anyone have any theories, or maybe even some real knowledge of why this is?

Oh, by the way, as for the sidewalls, there is absolutely nothing special about them at all.  The letters are not gray, and I saw somewhere that they are supposed to be an attractive sidewall, but there is nothing worth mentioning.  They are tires with normal black sidewalls and lots of print that is difficult to read.  Nothing stands out at all.  End of  story.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 05:15:07 PM by 1abastarsmda »

barefoot3zk5

• Elite CVO Member
  • I used to be a KRYPTO.. Now I'm 1 OF 1

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSEII Dragula 2/1 exh.. Performance Mach airbox..Metalsports 26" front wheel w/6piston singleside brake 13" rotor and matched 18" rear 200 tire..TTS tuner by DOC .. Woods cams and Hi comp pistons.. 600 LEDs hidden PLUS, SONY head unit and gauges all green LEDs to match,500watt ARC amp w/4 Focal6.5 spkrs,Install by Peter @SOUNDZ .. Yafee tag frame . chrome inner/outer primary. greeen gator seat/backrest ..major engine mods 125+ HP and powder coated heads/cyl and diamond cut. homemade rear air suspension
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2012, 06:32:28 PM »

It is my understanding that the rationale for this pattern, is to divert the water to the center of the fender as opposed to directing to the outside towards your feet .. I may be mistaken, and stand to be corrected ..
I have a new rear Commander II sittin in he shop ready for mounting as well ... can't wait to see what kind of service and longevity these will provide ..

djkak

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2012, 09:39:33 PM »

...Anyway, I had a big disappointment that I didn't notice until they were on the bike.  The correct direction for mounting them on the front is backwards...like the Dunlops....

The road noise from the early ’09 front Dunlop's increased dramatically as the leading edge of the point in the center of the tread became worn. In some cases the racket sounded much like a failed wheel bearing. Reversing the tread pattern took care of the obnoxious road noise.

My experience with the 18” Dunlop’s over 36,000 miles is very good; although when they become worn, the machine’s handling degrades significantly. The difference is striking when you finally replace the worn rubber.

The Michelin folks have made some strong claims about the performance of their H-D tires; if true these things would raise the bar several notches. Time will tell and we shouldn’t have to wait too much longer.

MKW

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2012, 11:33:53 PM »

I had the Michelin Commander ll's mounted today and rode around in the rain for a while.  They ride pretty smooth and I seemed to have a bit more confidence in curves than I normally do in the rain...but then again I always seem to feel better on new tires and I wasn't pushing it by any means, since of course they are new tires and I would like the surface scuffed a bit to push it.  Anyway, I had a big disappointment that I didn't notice until they were on the bike.  The correct direction for mounting them on the front is backwards...like the Dunlops.  The rear tread goes in the direction I would expect, but the fronts go the other direction.  What's up with that?  Does anyone out there know if there is some reason why Michelin and Dunlop are both doing this?  With the Dunlops, it just seemed like a cheap way out of the problems they were having with cupping, but now with the Michelin's being a brand new product, what gives?  Anyone have any theories, or maybe even some real knowledge of why this is?

Oh, by the way, as for the sidewalls, there is absolutely nothing special about them at all.  The letters are not gray, and I saw somewhere that they are supposed to be an attractive sidewall, but there is nothing worth mentioning.  They are tires with normal black sidewalls and lots of print that is difficult to read.  Nothing stands out at all.  End of  story.

How about a picture to show how they lool mounted-thanks
2010 CVO Street Glide
2014 CVO Limited

red ben59

• 1K CVO Member
  • ALL GAVE SOME SOME GAVE ALL
    • NC

• CVO1: 08 FXDSE2
    • CVO2: 09 FLHTCUSE4
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCUSE8
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2012, 03:25:04 PM »

Oh, by the way, as for the sidewalls, there is absolutely nothing special about them at all.  The letters are not gray, and I saw somewhere that they are supposed to be an attractive sidewall, but there is nothing worth mentioning.  They are tires with normal black sidewalls and lots of print that is difficult to read.  Nothing stands out at all.  End of  story.
Keep us posted inquiring minds need to know.

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2012, 11:59:28 PM »

How about a picture to show how they look mounted-thanks

Here's the front.

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2012, 12:00:37 AM »

How about a picture to show how they look mounted-thanks

Here's the rear.  Sorry...not a very good pic.

MKW

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2012, 03:31:00 PM »

Thanks!  I see you like Pepsi  ;)
2010 CVO Street Glide
2014 CVO Limited

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2012, 07:43:24 PM »

Gotta have Pepsi...if I have Coke, then I need to use a straw.

SERK3

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2012, 08:45:03 AM »

:2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:
V&H DUALS WITH HI-OUTPUT SLIP-ONS, ZIPPERS THUNDER MAX w/AUTOTUNE, NESS BIG SUCKER, LED TURN AND BRAKE LIGHTS. FARING, HARD BAGS & KING TOUR PAK.
LIVE EASY, RIDE HARD

SERK3

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2012, 08:47:15 AM »

Went to buy a set of these, Found out they do not make them for the odd ball size i need for the front of the 07 SERK  :nixweiss: :nixweiss:
LIVE EASY, RIDE HARD
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.178 seconds with 25 queries.