Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All

Author Topic: Whos Has The Best Front Suspension Out There  (Read 11702 times)

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
Re: Whos Has The Best Front Suspension Out There
« Reply #45 on: February 16, 2012, 02:49:50 PM »

That monster still haunts my dreams TC.  That was a fun trip though.  Really enjoyed the trip out to that 29 Dreams place.  Didn't you or someone mention awhile back the property was opening again?

Yes...they started to close once about 2 years ago, then folks rallied to keep them open, but they ended up closing last year anyway.  I think the owners just got tired of the grind of running the place.  It has now re-opened...the owners of a couple of popular bars here in town...Courtyard 280...bought the place.  Since they are "bar owners", and used to working long hours, that part won't be an issue.  I was out that way riding the other day and stopped by (they were closed...this time of year, they have limited days/hours), and they have improved the place.  Paved almost the entire parking area (was gravel if you remember), which was needed both from a safety standpoint and to keep dust down.  They still have the nice grassy areas, with picnic tables, etc, and the stage.  They didn't open until it was already cooler weather, so it will be interesting to see how they do when the weather gets warmer around here.  It's no longer a "membership only" motorcycle place, but allowing some cars there is not a bad thing, if it keeps the place up and running.  The Coutyard 280 bars have GREAT Oysters and other basic fare, plus the usual selection of beers/beverages.  Hopefully, they'll make a go of it...it's a nice ride out there, and a good place to spend a Sat/Sun afternoon.  Just have to watch how much you have to drink, at least when riding the bike.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

darth davidson

• FLTRUSE
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #46 on: February 16, 2012, 03:26:32 PM »

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #47 on: February 16, 2012, 06:39:34 PM »

One thing he wasn't able to answer completely was since I like wrenching on my bike he didn't know the exact volume of fluid I would need so when the forks were to be over hauled I could do this my self...I could get close by draining all the fluid out and measuring it vs using there kit to set up the forks and rock on...FFT

Hopefully that when the time comes someone has since figured that little volume thing and we'll all know what the magic numbers are...
Well, here is what they told me when I had the forks serviced on my '07 - after about 35k.
Maxima 7wt synthetic fork fluid
Draw the fluid level down to this height with the spring out and the fork fully collapsed at its lowest level - 115mm

Hope this helps.

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

TexasBowhunter

• Senior CVO Member
  • 09 Street Glide
« Reply #48 on: February 17, 2012, 10:22:59 AM »

This would be helpfull
however without taking the forks completely apart just draining the fluid and adding is the volume I'm seeking
Its good to know that they suggest 7 maxima synthetic fluid
paul
Ride safe

ultrafxr

• 5k CVO Member
    • TN

« Reply #49 on: February 17, 2012, 11:13:39 PM »

This would be helpfull
however without taking the forks completely apart just draining the fluid and adding is the volume I'm seeking
Its good to know that they suggest 7 maxima synthetic fluid
paul
Traxxion's recommendation for service at 25k is to take the forks apart, inspect and replace any worn parts.  My tech said that when he serviced my forks at 35k the fluid was clear and everything looked pristine.  So for me, I'm not planning to do another service until 50k has passed.  Even harley does not recommend fluid change on the stock forks until 50k.

IBA member # 45520

TN

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • SC

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #50 on: February 18, 2012, 08:15:54 AM »

it would be nice for Traxxion to have proper documentation for the DIY'ers on rebuild, oil change.  i have requested this info from them several times and have gotten broken instructions that contradict each other on the oil level. measuring what comes out will get ya close.:nixweiss:

i'd like to try there gas charged units. wonder if they're built in house?

TN

Wut the hell was that maneuver

ultrafxr

• 5k CVO Member
    • TN

« Reply #51 on: February 18, 2012, 10:11:55 AM »

it would be nice for Traxxion to have proper documentation for the DIY'ers on rebuild, oil change.  i have requested this info from them several times and have gotten broken instructions that contradict each other on the oil level. measuring what comes out will get ya close.:nixweiss:

i'd like to try there gas charged units. wonder if they're built in house?
They told me they are.  Built mainly for racing as I understand it.  Oh, and be sure to bring a big wad of cash because they told me they are VERY expensive - I did not ask how much.

IBA member # 45520

TexasBowhunter

• Senior CVO Member
  • 09 Street Glide
« Reply #52 on: February 18, 2012, 10:53:14 AM »

At $1999.99 and will work with the inverted forks only
paul
Ride safe

geezerglide

• 1K CVO Member
  • New Geezerglide
    • AB

« Reply #53 on: February 18, 2012, 01:32:01 PM »

Have been reading this thread with great interest., have read and heard a lot about Traxxion even talked with them and they put me in touch with one of their approved shops just North of me in Calgary. Heard all good things even have a set of their Bitubos. I think they are an excellent system, was seriously considering buying and installing, however, never bit the bullet. I just could not justify to myself paying over $1,300.

Considering that for over 40 years of riding and with the wallowing around of the old framed FLHs and some of the fixes, Race Tech Emulators, True Trac etc. to make the bikes handle the way we thought they should, even though they were never meant to handle like sport bikes. And now with the new (10) improved frame and with the Bitubos on the front my bike it never really handled that bad. However after getting caught up in this "spend a lot of money website", I to was convinced I had to "fix" my ride. So, rather than spend over $1,300 for the excellent AK 20s. instead I bought a set of Progressive Monotubes for only $249.99 shipped to Phoenix, went for a ride and they do work great, ride was lot better, corners and curves were a handled with ease, not that they weren't before but better. One of these days I will try the AK20s but for now the Progressive Montube system works great for me.

geezerglide

Diamondback

• Diamondback
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #54 on: February 18, 2012, 08:56:18 PM »

:drink: :drink: :drink:

Already had the monotubes on the front of the 11 CVO RG.  Just purchased the 940's and will have them on before next weekends ride on the "three sisters ride" in the Texas Hill Country.

The monotubes are great. 

:coolblue: :coolblue: :coolblue:

P.S. - Couldn't spend the money on the Traxxion or Bitubo's.  We shall see. 
2010 FXDFSE2 CVO Fat Bob, V&H staggers, Windshield, saddle bags, passenger back rest. 

2011 CVO Ultra Glide, Progressive Monotubes, Ultra 944's, Power Vision, ceramic headpipes, Cellset, Cee Baileys 15" and Fullsac 1.75"
Former 2009 SE Ultra, Rineharts, Stage I, PC V with autotune non cat header pipe
Former 2007 SE Ultra, D&D, Stage I, TMAT Metzlers
Former 2006 Dragonfly Ultra
Former 1999 Road King

geezerglide

• 1K CVO Member
  • New Geezerglide
    • AB

« Reply #55 on: February 18, 2012, 10:48:04 PM »

:coolblue: :coolblue: :coolblue:

P.S. - Couldn't spend the money on the Traxxion or Bitubo's.  We shall see. 
[/quote]

I bought the Bitubos off a memeber here.

geezerglide

North Georgia Hawg

• HoneyBadger Don't Give a CHIT...
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
    • CVO2: 2009 Chevy Avalanche LTZ Inferno Orange
    • CVO3: 2001 Ebbtide Mystique 2300: 8-ch 2000 watt audio system, two 12" Kicker subs
« Reply #56 on: February 24, 2012, 06:13:34 PM »

I "bit the bullet" yesterday, and rode Buster over to Traxxion Dynamics and had the AK-20s installed. It took them only about 3 1/2 hours to do the job, and Mike there showed me around the shop, and I got to ask a lot of questions. They do make just about everything in house on their 4 - soon to be 5 - big CNC machines. Pretty much the only things they don't make are standard service parts such as fork seals and bushings. They also send some parts out for precision inside reaming and anodizing.

I got to see the 6061, 7075, and stainless steel stock they start from, got to see several of the machines in operation making parts, and got to look inside one of them that wasn't in operation. Very cool machines! They make a lot of custom CNC-machined parts for various shock manufacturers - especially Penske. They are great folks, and I enjoyed the time I spent there talking with them.  

Fortunately, it was 75 and sunny here yesterday, and the ride home was amazing... no more diving, and the handling is incredible compared to the stock forks. I can't compare them to the Monotubes, since I've never ridden a bike with those... but I can't WAIT to get up in the North Georgia mountains and put the AK-20s through the "Gauntlet"!

They were making 2,000 of these CNC-machined "church keys" for their upcoming Open House on March 10. For those in the area, it would be a good opportunity to learn more if you're interested.

The church key cost me a boatload... but it came with a free set of fork cartridges! Plus I never have to worry about unexpectedly encountering a non twist-off beer bottle again!

« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 06:19:44 PM by NorthGeorgiaHawg »

HoneyBadger Don't Care...

TD AK-20s | Drago's S/C/S-4 | SE 259Es | Feuling 8015/7060/Rods | Black Ops Lifters
Cometics | Big Sucker 2 | Energy One +1 Clutch Pack | Hayden BT07 | ClutchWIZ
WPW Fans | TL P7 LEDs/Aux | Dynamic Ringz | Tour Pak | WO 575s | RT 665
Corbin DualTour | BAH Flush Front Axle | Chrome Calipers
The Wizard's Tune

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #57 on: February 24, 2012, 06:18:45 PM »

You're going to love 'em in the mountains.  It's like riding a different bike...glad you are happy with the results, and yes, they are great people to do business with.

I think you will find this to be one of the best modifications you've made to your bike, bar none.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Diamondback

• Diamondback
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #58 on: February 24, 2012, 06:22:33 PM »

:orange: :orange:

:huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3:

Just took my first ride with the Ultra 940's (already had the monotubes on the front).  Great improvement.  Doesn't bottom and feels very "planted on the road".

Four hundred mile weekend to follow.
2010 FXDFSE2 CVO Fat Bob, V&H staggers, Windshield, saddle bags, passenger back rest. 

2011 CVO Ultra Glide, Progressive Monotubes, Ultra 944's, Power Vision, ceramic headpipes, Cellset, Cee Baileys 15" and Fullsac 1.75"
Former 2009 SE Ultra, Rineharts, Stage I, PC V with autotune non cat header pipe
Former 2007 SE Ultra, D&D, Stage I, TMAT Metzlers
Former 2006 Dragonfly Ultra
Former 1999 Road King

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
« Reply #59 on: February 24, 2012, 06:25:12 PM »

Hey Ken.   No fair buddy.  You beat me again.  I was thinking about the traxion and you did it.   Good for you.  I know you will love them.  I am gonna have to find a way up there this spring and have mine done too.  Congrats.  I'm happy you got em.   :2vrolijk_21:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All

Page created in 0.176 seconds with 24 queries.