Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Author Topic: Bike Got Tuned today  (Read 3942 times)

MikeDCMF

• FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2005 Screaming Eagle Fat Boy Platnum/Silver
Bike Got Tuned today
« on: July 19, 2006, 08:03:54 PM »

Stock SEFatboy, PC III, RBracing 1 3/4" primarys, dyno tuned, 95.36 hp, 100.8 torque. So how do I get 5 more hp's without spending alot of money?
« Last Edit: July 19, 2006, 08:06:56 PM by MikeDCMF »

Hotrodracer

• Full CVO Member
Re: Bike Got Tuned today
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2006, 09:43:52 PM »

Go with the S.E.R.T. & you will pick up the extra 5 HP.
Let's Ride

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2006, 12:45:39 PM »

Go with the S.E.R.T. & you will pick up the extra 5 HP.

I find it very hard to believe that a change to a SERT would yield much difference in HP over a properly tuned bike with a PCIII and an advanced map. [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

purple haze

• PURPLE HAZE
  • Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2006, 04:51:58 PM »

purple haze in da house!!!!!!!!!!!!!  get D.D Boarzilla 2 into 1 header look in dennis kirk or J.P than buy $12 dollar screamin eagle plug wires and for gods sake get a s.e.r.t,i have heard nothing good about power poopers un-less its there ads, i promise more H.P and torqe and if you don't,i will buy stuff back from you for what you paid, i am pretty in pressed the way your power lines where smoother than mine except on air and fuel mixture, and it would not hurt to give bike a swig of octane boast with the E.P.A putting corn juice in our gas, i don't no what else to tell you buy the pipes really are the best, i bet i got at least 10H.P from them alone , oh yeah im at 100H.P and 104torqe i know people want to see my read out and my bike i promise to get wife to take pictures and down load them,im not p.c savey.peace :-?
TOM

fatboyse2

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2006, 05:06:26 PM »

A couple of things may give you a bit more for low money...

Change your airfilter to a high flow K&N.  Change your plugs to the SE tripple platinum, change your plug wires to SE (go with red, I hear they are much better than black and will match your paint ;) ), buy good gas, I use Sunoco 94.  So for $60 bucks and a tank of gas you should get 5hp ::)

PS, I think Haze works for the Boarzilla folks ;D

MikeDCMF

• FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2006, 06:42:24 PM »

i am leaning towards what hd-dude says about the pc iii. Also, the rb-racing pipe is the look I like. They sound fantastic too. at 5K they rip. hell at 4k they rip. I checked with a local dealer about the plug wires and he showed me where Taylor makes a (SUMAX) 10.4MM plug wire for twin cam's thats certified to give me 2.1 more HP($50.34). I always buy 94 octane. The place that tuned it is big into racing and 100 hp bikes (they have a club/membership) but I know what there answer to more power is. $$$$$. I was also asked about ride ability or performance when they tuned it and went with performance. So, if I go with the plug wires I only need 2.54 more hp to join the club. If it takes a cam I will go with a sert, but if can somehow squeeze alittle more out of it......

fatboyse2

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2006, 07:11:32 PM »

You can get your heads worked, ported/polished for about $300 or so and a larger throttle body for about $250, though you will need a power commander/sert to dial this in.  Figure a grand all in with a tune.  Happy to help you spend :)

MikeDCMF

• FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2006, 09:13:25 PM »

You can get your heads worked, ported/polished for about $300 or so and a larger throttle body for about $250, though you will need a power commander/sert to dial this in.  Figure a grand all in with a tune.  Happy to help you spend :)
thats fatboyse, i already have the powercommander, when you say head work are you just referring to the ported and polished something more?

fatboyse2

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2006, 09:35:17 PM »

Yep.  There are a number of good suggestions in the twin cam section. Do a few searches and read through some of the historical posts.

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2006, 12:04:39 AM »

You have to decide how much is "not a lot more" money, You know the old saying :Horsepower cost money....how fast do you want to go?"

On the serious side you can do a set of bolt in cams from Freedom or Zippers and pick up about 8-10 ft/tq and a few more ponies as well....

Street Stalker

• Junior CVO Member
  • All show and no go, but about to change
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2006, 01:51:30 PM »

Go with the cams...  Best $$$-horsepower/torque gain for the money that I've spent.

purple haze

• PURPLE HAZE
  • Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2006, 10:02:01 AM »

here is another sales pitch , if you want more power get rid of crappy air filter and install K.N i got another 5H.P by doing this, and dont forget scremin eagle plug wires!!!! :D
TOM

purple haze

• PURPLE HAZE
  • Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2006, 11:42:36 AM »

what part number bosch triple platuniman is supposed to be used in 103C.C , i have been told many diffrent numbers :-/
TOM

PoorUrbanHdBiker

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2006, 11:25:13 PM »

what part number bosch triple platuniman is supposed to be used in 103C.C , i have been told many diffrent numbers :-/
Not for me
Stock Harley plugs have the proper impedence to enable reliable operation of the Delphi ION sensing circuit that controls ping. False readings from irridium and many other non Harley plugs will cause false ignition retard and or throw "no combustion" codes. But what do I know eh?

purple haze

• PURPLE HAZE
  • Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2006, 11:16:31 AM »

ok urban so i take out my bosch and put my harley plugs back in , it sounds like you know what your talking about and i sure dont about plugs. It has pinged on me a couple of times and i just thought low octane gas, but i use Exxon 93 and also a jigger or 2 of octane boast , my bike runs real strong but now i think plugs maybe pulling it down, i bought them at dealer and they are supposed to be the best ($15.00) im going to put harley plugs back in and see how it acts, thank you for the info, i have had 20 diffrent bikes since i was 12 , but this E.F.I really gets me confused, if you are not computer expert its tough for little guy. :-/
TOM
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Page created in 0.157 seconds with 24 queries.