Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6  All

Author Topic: 2013 Models  (Read 24124 times)

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
Re: 2013 Models
« Reply #60 on: July 06, 2012, 09:44:00 PM »

which models do you think would have the red, white & blue colors.
Not sure those are the Anniversary colors, but whatever they are, it looks like at least the RK, RG, and Ultra CVO models will have an anniversary edition.

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

klr2lnd

« Reply #61 on: July 09, 2012, 03:26:24 PM »

I gotta say, this news is AWESOME for me! I REALLY wanted a 2012 SESG, but by the time I decided to pull the trigger (June), they were all spoken for. My dealer tried to locate one for me but told me I was #1 for the first 2013 CVO SG that came in. I was pretty happy with that because I would get the 120" motor (yeah, right!!) or whatever other upgrades they decided to put on. Then two weeks ago, my dealer calls me and asks if I still want a 2012 or was i happy to wait for the 2013. Why? Because another dealer received the bike that a customer ordered but the customer decided he wanted a CVO RG instead, which my dealer happened to have. They worked out a dealer trade and I got my beautiful bike last week. I was still unsure if I made the right decision, but reading these posts has me quite happy that I decided to pull the trigger. I got my bike and I absolutely LOVE it!!!! :pepper:

LovemyCVOgirl

• Four wheels move the body.... Two wheels move the soul.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Give me a switchback any day!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: 2015 Toyota Tundra 4X4 SR5 TRD 5.7L V8
« Reply #62 on: July 09, 2012, 03:57:21 PM »

I gotta say, this news is AWESOME for me! I REALLY wanted a 2012 SESG, but by the time I decided to pull the trigger (June), they were all spoken for. My dealer tried to locate one for me but told me I was #1 for the first 2013 CVO SG that came in. I was pretty happy with that because I would get the 120" motor (yeah, right!!) or whatever other upgrades they decided to put on. Then two weeks ago, my dealer calls me and asks if I still want a 2012 or was i happy to wait for the 2013. Why? Because another dealer received the bike that a customer ordered but the customer decided he wanted a CVO RG instead, which my dealer happened to have. They worked out a dealer trade and I got my beautiful bike last week. I was still unsure if I made the right decision, but reading these posts has me quite happy that I decided to pull the trigger. I got my bike and I absolutely LOVE it!!!! :pepper:

You made the right choice  :2vrolijk_21:  They are beautiful motorcycle's and just getting home from a 2,000 mile trip, I can tell you that I love this mc.   :P  :pepper:  :apple:
Some days you're a bug, some days you're a windshield.

TexasLowrider

• TX

• CVO1: 2002 Dyna Lowrider
    • CVO2: 2012 FLSTSE3
« Reply #63 on: July 11, 2012, 10:56:08 PM »

Glad to hear it everything worked out for you.

Invisible68

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #64 on: July 16, 2012, 03:36:12 AM »

which models do you think would have the red, white & blue colors.

All of the 2013 anniversary edition bikes.....

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

• CVO1: 2017 Indian Chieftain Limited
« Reply #65 on: July 17, 2012, 04:52:01 PM »

I was at the local dealer and overhead the salesman telling my buddy that there will be a DIESEL in 2013, 285 ft lbs of torque. (I think he meant the Ford Pickup)  :oops:
Any day on the bike is a good day.

barefoot3zk5

• Elite CVO Member
  • I used to be a KRYPTO.. Now I'm 1 OF 1

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSEII Dragula 2/1 exh.. Performance Mach airbox..Metalsports 26" front wheel w/6piston singleside brake 13" rotor and matched 18" rear 200 tire..TTS tuner by DOC .. Woods cams and Hi comp pistons.. 600 LEDs hidden PLUS, SONY head unit and gauges all green LEDs to match,500watt ARC amp w/4 Focal6.5 spkrs,Install by Peter @SOUNDZ .. Yafee tag frame . chrome inner/outer primary. greeen gator seat/backrest ..major engine mods 125+ HP and powder coated heads/cyl and diamond cut. homemade rear air suspension
« Reply #66 on: July 17, 2012, 04:55:08 PM »

well .. ifn its a truck .. its weak as minnow piss..

GtreetSlide

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #67 on: July 19, 2012, 12:16:42 AM »

:soapbox:  They could simplify things a LOT, and reduce costs significantly, by simply implementing the Ultra harness in ALL of the fairing-equipped Touring bikes, and just plug off things that aren't used on that particular bike. This would enable customers to easily add their own accessories - like the 665/NIM/XM, Tour Pak lights, saddlebag spoilers, etc. - without going through the all of the crazy hoops that those of us who have installed these things have had to do.

The wiring harness on the SESGs like mine is RIDICULOUS - as if they purposely designed the harness to make it very difficult for the CVO SG customer to add Ultra accessories. I cannot see how designing a special, one-off harness for different Touring bikes saves them any money... seems like One Harness for All would make it a LOT easier for us as customers, and for them as a manufacturer.

I have had to do some unholy things to Buster to install the NIM - dealers don't have a clue how to install a 665/NIM on a SESG. I also ended up fabbing a completely custom 6-pin harness with a Deutsch quick-disconnect behind the seat for the Tour Pak, because there wasn't one that I could just buy to provide run/brake/turn signals to the Tour Pak. I also added 3-pin Deutsch connectors to the saddlebag lid spoiler wires, so I can easily remove the bags without also having to remove the seat. A rear aux port in the radio from the factory would also be very nice. I could go on and on, but you get the idea...

The MoCo needs to move away from their restrictive "market segmentation" mentality, and make it much easier for customers to really customize our bikes with HARLEY P&A. Doesn't seem like too difficult of a concept to me... seems like they could sell a lot more P&A if they weren't such a PITA to install on the various bikes.

Yea, but I can still remember in the old days when FoRD removed grease fittings in ball joints, etc and replaced them with plugs to save a few cents each which added up to millions of $$$$...

FLY-DOG

• 1K CVO Member
  • U.S. Navy (30 years); Delta Air Lines (22 years)
    • FL

• CVO1: FLHXSE3
« Reply #68 on: July 19, 2012, 08:26:32 PM »

If there are no 2013 SESG's and they go water cooled in 2014 that kinda makes our 2013 SESG's a collectors bike..... (last air cooled SESG).   :orange: :bananarock:
Current Stable:
2021 BMW R1250 GSA Rallye
2016 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited w/392 Hemi
2012 CVO Street Glide
2007 Mustang GT500
2006 YZ250F

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #69 on: July 19, 2012, 08:59:47 PM »

If there are no 2013 SESG's and they go water cooled in 2014 that kinda makes our 2013 SESG's a collectors bike..... (last air cooled SESG).   :orange: :bananarock:
well now, does that make my 11 SERGU a collector? it's the first year for it.
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

Puzzled

• Vendor
  • 5k CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2018 FLTRXSE Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO2: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO3: 2001 FLTRSEI2 Road Glide (SOLD)
« Reply #70 on: July 19, 2012, 09:21:27 PM »

Or they could extend the "build your own program" like they have for Sportsters. That way you can add or delete depending on your taste and budget. That would make it a true Custom Vehicle Operation and make us feel better about spending so much money for a bike.

That would be nice, I could buy exactly "What I" wanted as opposed to a general one size fits all version.
2023 CVO Road Glide
2003 Rigid Springer Chopper "Puzzle" Bike 26"

Puzzled

• Vendor
  • 5k CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2018 FLTRXSE Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO2: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO3: 2001 FLTRSEI2 Road Glide (SOLD)
« Reply #71 on: July 19, 2012, 09:23:42 PM »

water cooled...nothing new here folks, move along... ;)

.... I've spilled plenty of water on mine while riding. As soon as take the cap off of the bottle the top half inch of water shoots out all over the bike.... water cooled....
2023 CVO Road Glide
2003 Rigid Springer Chopper "Puzzle" Bike 26"

LovemyCVOgirl

• Four wheels move the body.... Two wheels move the soul.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Give me a switchback any day!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: 2015 Toyota Tundra 4X4 SR5 TRD 5.7L V8
« Reply #72 on: July 20, 2012, 09:10:50 AM »

well now, does that make my 11 SERGU a collector? it's the first year for it.

Mike you have a collector  :2vrolijk_21:  and you are a collector...Lol   :P
Some days you're a bug, some days you're a windshield.

HDDOG21

« Reply #73 on: July 20, 2012, 03:21:18 PM »

annv edition colors..... red, white and blue.... with their trade marked '1' in the logo for '110th year'  stars and stripes.....

My dealer told me the other day he heard what the annv colors will be.  Its not good.  Any of you like A&W?  

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #74 on: July 20, 2012, 04:13:42 PM »

My dealer told me the other day he heard what the annv colors will be.  Its not good.  Any of you like A&W?  

Surely you Jest...

Though nothing would surprise me from the geniuses at HD.  I've seen some of the root beer colored bikes on the showroom, and while I think they are pretty nice looking, to do that on a CVO Anniversary addition would be foolish.  It's certainly not a color that is for the masses.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6  All

Page created in 0.2 seconds with 25 queries.