Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8  All

Author Topic: When did you first realize you were OLD!  (Read 6574 times)

BUCKNUT GREG

• BUCKNUT
  • 1K CVO Member
    • OH

Re: When did you first realize you were OLD!
« Reply #30 on: December 24, 2012, 03:11:41 PM »

Great thread.............

Did I mention great thread............

:nervous: :huepfenlol2: :nervous: :huepfenlol2:

16HD117

• When I was fifteen I wanted to be older. This is not what I expected!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • AKA 04hd103,AKA 07hd110,AKA 11hd110,AKA 16hd110
« Reply #31 on: December 24, 2012, 03:13:35 PM »

I'm looking out our window at the glassy water and feeling the urge, but my knees hurt just thinking about it. Have a Merry Christmas.  Doc

Bring that Patron to Sante Fe!

Life's journey is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out shouting Holy Chit......... What a Ride!

FLY-DOG

• 1K CVO Member
  • U.S. Navy (30 years); Delta Air Lines (22 years)
    • FL

• CVO1: FLHXSE3
« Reply #32 on: December 24, 2012, 03:39:21 PM »

You're old when you feel old and act old, at 65 I still work out, jog, and ride dirt bikes (hare scrambles) and usually keep up.  Have fun, don't slow down, keep active and you won't realize you're old till they're shoveling dirt in your face.

:orange:
Current Stable:
2021 BMW R1250 GSA Rallye
2016 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited w/392 Hemi
2012 CVO Street Glide
2007 Mustang GT500
2006 YZ250F

MIKEYTEE

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka. Uncle Mikey! Mikeytee for Burbon Judge and
    • SC

• CVO1: 1999 ROADGLIDE Ultra SOLD
« Reply #33 on: December 24, 2012, 03:43:12 PM »

It's better to grow old than up. Sooooo I will never grow up, just old. Starting next year.
Mike
 :drink:
Co-Founder /National Board Member/ Zen Master of CVO Harley Pondering,Hankering, & Moseying Society with all Honors, Rights and Accolades.

Charter Member CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society
Charter Member Husband Saints Society. We have Lucky Wives!
I saw the worlds largest ball of string in Cawker City, Kansas

doublerunner

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Ultra Classic Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: 2011 CVO Road Glide Rio Red/Ember Black
« Reply #34 on: December 24, 2012, 03:53:27 PM »

I started to feel old when I was 50. My oldest had just given me my 1st grandchild and I had no energy at all. I was 320 pounds. Raising 4 kids and my own business I did not have much time for myself. Put on a little weight every year and then I hit 50 and was 320. On New Year's Eve last year I made a resolution to get in better shape. I changed my diet radically and joined a boxing gym and racquetball league. I was so tired and achy and sore the 1st few weeks but I stayed with it and the weight started dropping and   I got stronger. Now at 240 I feel young(er)  and I can beat my 2 sons and my son in law at racquetball. Guess my point is we are all getting older every day but feeling old can be changed, both mentally and physically
-------------------------------------
Enjoy the Journey

Mountainman streetbob

• Just Ride, Daily if possible, Just Ride!!!!!!!
  • Full CVO Member
  • 2012 SE7 CVO Electra Glide Ultra
    • GA

« Reply #35 on: December 24, 2012, 04:07:37 PM »

1st hit.....       Went back to somewhere we used to live and totally hot early 20's woman flirts with me at gas station... Then I realize I was there when she was confirmed... Held that gorgeous thing as a week old baby! OUCH :oops:

2nd hit.....        The hot chick at the lingerie store blows you off trying to get something nice for the wife.

3rd hit.....       AARP sends me insurance and membership info on my 39th birthday

I am not old, don't feel old, don't look old... Only 40. BUT damn! doesn't make those hits any easier!  :pepper:
2012 CVO SE7 ElectraGlideUltra Cams??? PowerCommanderV Crocodile Seats, rhinehardts,xm, Ipod, Nav-Zumo...
Windscreen, driver backrest handlebars, fulsac COMING SOON

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #36 on: December 24, 2012, 05:10:53 PM »

When that young 'cutie' looks right thru ya like you're invisible.  :-*  aaargh.  :zHole: spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Phantom309

• 2014 Ultra Limited
  • Elite CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG- light/dark Candy Cherry-sold
« Reply #37 on: December 24, 2012, 06:50:14 PM »

I'm looking out our window at the glassy water and feeling the urge, but my knees hurt just thinking about it. Have a Merry Christmas.  Doc

That back window pic looks like the rough life & boring ... Let me know if you want to liven things up by trading me houses ... only for a few months. :)  ;D
2014 Ultra Limited*Daytona Blue Pearl
MODS
V&H 2-1 Pro Pipe
V&H FP3 Fuelpak

DaBigNuttedMan

• Steered & Geared by DaBigNuttedMan
  • Elite CVO Member
  • No Skool Straight F Fuc_ PowerCustom PypeDaShi_

• CVO1: 2011 RoadGlide Ultra Screamin Eagle
    • CVO2: 1969 Rupp Roadster chromed up Shriner Special
    • CVO3: Grasshopper 725 w/48" snothrower
« Reply #38 on: December 24, 2012, 07:00:10 PM »

.......a man is as old as the woman he feels

wow good one broke new ground for me   I like it, kinda makes me a little more ah  mature :2vrolijk_21:
Life begins just outside your comfort zone and you havent lived until you push a full dress harley on a hot day up a grade because your low mile twincam fell apart, and your convinced it's to bitchen to leave it there.           Ugh pardon me but do you have any beer?

bribe36

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 SERG
« Reply #39 on: December 24, 2012, 10:16:22 PM »

I started to feel old when I was 50. My oldest had just given me my 1st grandchild and I had no energy at all. I was 320 pounds. Raising 4 kids and my own business I did not have much time for myself. Put on a little weight every year and then I hit 50 and was 320. On New Year's Eve last year I made a resolution to get in better shape. I changed my diet radically and joined a boxing gym and racquetball league. I was so tired and achy and sore the 1st few weeks but I stayed with it and the weight started dropping and   I got stronger. Now at 240 I feel young(er)  and I can beat my 2 sons and my son in law at racquetball. Guess my point is we are all getting older every day but feeling old can be changed, both mentally and physically

Great story, there's hope for us all.

bribe36

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 SERG
« Reply #40 on: December 24, 2012, 10:21:25 PM »

When that young 'cutie' looks right thru ya like you're invisible.  :-*  aaargh.  :zHole: spyder

That one hit home. I shop a lot at our Home Depot. There are a couple of cuties working at the till that I've gotten to know. Pretty sure they think of me, and every guy over 30, as a Dirty Old Men. Hey maybe that could be the next thread "When did you realize you were a Dirty Old Man"
« Last Edit: December 24, 2012, 11:35:45 PM by bribe36 »

Yellow09SERG

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 YELLOW!!
« Reply #41 on: December 24, 2012, 10:39:57 PM »

Still don't feel like I am old yet at 52, and still stay active. This summer while coaching a 12under USSSA baseball team I had one of the coaches from the other team walk up to me grab my hand to shake after a game when it was realized that I had coached him also some 15 years ago while he played ball with my son
Most great stores start with a bad decision

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #42 on: December 24, 2012, 10:59:36 PM »

The Patron helps me forget the aches of skiing during the Day. LOL.

I will turn 50 in march.  I really do not feel old, nor act old.

I was diagnosed with type II diabetes two years ago.  I was not over weight, 6'1" and 185 pounds.  I did change my diet to control the sugar and I quit cigarettes.  Then 10 months ago started running or using an elliptical for 30 minutes a day, almost every day. 

I feel much better now, have more energy too.  Running 5 miles is not a problem now, three years ago 1 mile would have kicked my butt.

I am now very active, ride 20K plus a year on the bike, play on the lake all kinds of water sports, love my jetski, boat and so on.
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

Puck

• Full CVO Member
  • LIVE FREE OR DIE......

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Black Diamond
    • CVO2: 2008 FXSTC vivid black...45" sissy bar & 18" 1.5 apes
    • CVO3: 2008 xl1200c bobtail,low riser,gauges,lowered,tuned,fast as hell
« Reply #43 on: December 24, 2012, 11:52:26 PM »

When those damn grey hairs started to get out f control...it started with a few here and there and the wife would tease me but one day recently I realized they where out of control...I'll be full grey in a year 2 at most....only 42 now....oh by the way I've always had REALLY long hair all my life so it's a big deal to me....I know most could care less... But my hair has always been one of my traits....oh well screw it...what's that they say in those just for men commercials...those lucky guys with a touch of grey? I gues full grey must be real lucky right?

lilcoot

• Elite CVO Member
  • Scaramoosh! Scaramoosh! Can you do the Fandango?

• CVO1: '13 FLTCUSE8
« Reply #44 on: December 25, 2012, 01:18:48 AM »

I'll be 50 in a couple months, and I am total denial about my age.  Mentally, I feel like I did when I was fifteen.  The only differences are that I have bills to pay and a few more responsibilities. 

What bothers me is how poorly the rest of the people,  who are my age,  are aging.  I'll see some frumpy middle aged man or woman shuffling down the street, and I think to myself  "There goes some old fart.  I couldn't possibly look like that".  Then I find out they're younger than I am!

Yup, I think denial is going to keep me young for at least twenty more years.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8  All

Page created in 0.176 seconds with 20 queries.