Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8  All

Author Topic: When did you first realize you were OLD!  (Read 6657 times)

Sierramadre

• Elite CVO Member
  • "Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Re: When did you first realize you were OLD!
« Reply #60 on: December 26, 2012, 10:55:39 AM »

Playing frisbee with the kids in the back yard. It flew over the cyclone fence and I flashed back to my youth and was going to simply vault myself over it. Caught my heel on the top and went ass over tea kettle. I'm not sure what hurt worse, my knee or watching the kids try not to laugh.

scttgr8

• Senior CVO Member
  • my new GLIDE

• CVO1: 2012 FLTRXSE
« Reply #61 on: December 26, 2012, 08:29:16 PM »

Sitting around some family event several years ago, one of my nieces asked my wife at what age could she expect her husband to actually start acting like a grown-up. 

My wife told her that she would let her know just as soon as it happened to me.

but it is good being the cool dad or uncle!! :2vrolijk_21:
2012 HD Road Glide Custom CVO (FLTRXSE) Candy Cobalt/Twilight Blue with Real Smoke Graphics I added wrapped chrome license plate bracket/cover, saddlebag guard rails, replaced black Engine covers w/Chrome, RCx slip-ons mounted on Fullsac "C" X head pipe, TTS tuner tuned! Enjoying life ...living the dream!!!

White Lite

« Reply #62 on: December 30, 2012, 01:44:41 PM »

Turning 50 in two months.  I first new something was up at around 35 years old.  When I went outside in the winter and when the wind blew, I could feel the cold on my scalp.  Starting about 5 years ago, any time I would get up out of my chair, I would hear the exact same sound heard whenever my father would get up out of his chair...(me groaning).  Two years ago, after 30 years of competitive racquetball, I decided to give it up due to hip and knees grinding when going up and down the stairs.  This past summer on a Saturday afternoon, wife and I were on the bike doing 40 in a 45 MPH zone.  Some guy in a Supra passed us and then cut back in front with just a few feet between his car and our bike. He then hit his brakes and slowed down to about 35 MPH.  The light at the intersection about 40 feet ahead of us turned red, I pulled up next to his car, and asked what was his deal to put my and my wifes life at risk with his driving?  He said I was and "old man" and was riding like one, and should be careful as to who I talk to.  I asked him if he would pull over and educate me?  My wife went from being pissed at him to now being livid with me.  Now this young buck had me by about 20 years, 4 inches in heighth, and at least five tattoes.  He laughed at me and said sure thing pops.  I took a left and he followed me.  It was a paved road with corn fields on both sides, so not much traffic or people.  I pulled over, with wife bitching all the way.  He drove passed us and quickly stopped, got out and almost came running up to me, talking how he wan't going to hurt me too bad since I would need to ride a bike home.  A truck pulled up and two dudes asked if we needed any help, this is when "junior" tried a sucked punch, and it was on.  In less than five minutes later, the two guys were out of their truck and laughing at him for being taken down, in the ditch, in a choke hold and begging for a tap out?..Wife and I rode off, she was chewing my can, saying I neede to act my age, and if that made me feel like a tough guy then I had anger issues, I just smiled.  The next morning I was not smiling, I was sore as hell...neck, back, shoulder, right hand was still swollen.  Two months later, went back to racquetball for theraputic reasons (wifey states I'm more reasonable when I play), and promised the Old Lady I'd act like an Old Man. 
2012 Street Glide in Tequila Orange

Mountainman streetbob

• Just Ride, Daily if possible, Just Ride!!!!!!!
  • Full CVO Member
  • 2012 SE7 CVO Electra Glide Ultra
    • GA

« Reply #63 on: December 30, 2012, 02:42:26 PM »

"Now this young buck had me by about 20 years, 4 inches in heighth, and at least five tattoos."

Had a similar experience on a ride a long with an  Army buddy awhile back. There were some belligerant a-holes, a foot chase, a concerned citizen (me) and 2 altercations with perps in getting cuffed. After it was all over we laughed at each other as even though we were the same height and weight as 20 years ago and we worked together just as well as 20 years ago, we had traded 20#'s of muscle for 20#'s of budda belly happiness in the years since!

"I am as good ONCE as I ever was" Tobey Keith

"Age and treachery trump youthful exuberance"
 Last words I remember before 45 year old Master Sergeant Keikos Kicked my 20 year old a** in tough man competition quarter finals.
2012 CVO SE7 ElectraGlideUltra Cams??? PowerCommanderV Crocodile Seats, rhinehardts,xm, Ipod, Nav-Zumo...
Windscreen, driver backrest handlebars, fulsac COMING SOON

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #64 on: December 30, 2012, 05:34:14 PM »

Buying dog food last night the cashier takes my rewards card, scans it and then says,, "I've heard your last name before once or twice". My two brothers and I are the only ones in the area and maybe even the state with our last name. I didn't catch it until she asked if I knew a girl with my last name as she went to high school with her.  umm,,, yup, that's my daughter. DAMN I FEEL OLD.  :-X
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

REDMAN

• Full CVO Member
  • OH chit

• CVO1: FLHXSE
« Reply #65 on: December 30, 2012, 06:28:46 PM »

I feel old when I have to fill out anything online and I get to filling out my birthdate, I get to the year and it takes seemingly forever to scroll down to 1961.

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #66 on: December 30, 2012, 06:35:10 PM »

I feel old when I have to fill out anything online and I get to filling out my birthdate, I get to the year and it takes seemingly forever to scroll down to 1961.
I'm always relieved when I scroll down, down, down and find that my birthyear is still on the list.  :o har.  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

REDMAN

• Full CVO Member
  • OH chit

• CVO1: FLHXSE
« Reply #67 on: December 30, 2012, 06:38:05 PM »

I'm always relieved when I scroll down, down, down and find that my birthyear is still on the list.  :o har.  spyder
Good point, a nice way to look at it.

Firewalker

• Firewalker.
  • Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 CVO Ultra Classic Electra Glide
    • CVO2: 2007 non-CVO Road King Classic
« Reply #68 on: December 30, 2012, 08:10:37 PM »

I sold my '79 Shovel Electra Glide Classic to a young man and just before he left, he asked my what the rectangular hole was in the dash in the faring. I told him it was for 8 Track tapes. He asked me, 'What is an 8 Track'. I told him to ride it to some garage sales and ask for some tapes, he would understand. Then I realized I was getting old.

Puck

• Full CVO Member
  • LIVE FREE OR DIE......

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Black Diamond
    • CVO2: 2008 FXSTC vivid black...45" sissy bar & 18" 1.5 apes
    • CVO3: 2008 xl1200c bobtail,low riser,gauges,lowered,tuned,fast as hell
« Reply #69 on: December 30, 2012, 08:40:08 PM »

Yea I'm getting to old to go round and round with these bucks....so a quick thump to the throat always ends it prett quickly...when they finally catch their breath...they glad they didn't die...it takes all the fight out of em pretty good...

cvobiker

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #70 on: December 31, 2012, 08:00:56 AM »

When I started drinking expensive Scotch.   :P

dayne66

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • BC

• CVO1: '12 Ruby/Typhoon SG
    • CVO2: '15 Superior Blue FLD Switchback
« Reply #71 on: December 31, 2012, 11:29:06 AM »

....I don't rightly recall.
"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." Socrates

Dead_Reckoning

• Elite CVO Member
  • 03 SERK
« Reply #72 on: December 31, 2012, 12:38:10 PM »

:0) - When my Maine Maritime Academy Classmate's new bride couldn't pick out Howdy Doody in a LineUp. Granted it was John's 2nd Wife.

63 in 5 months.  :0) - I do not notice much of anything different while riding. It's when i get off my Ride. Then i start feeling the "Tarnished Brass" . Ostio Arthritis in both knees and starting in right hip. First Pair of Rx Glasses etc etc............
I intend to keep riding until I can no longer hold up 2 wheels at which time I will get a side car.

Government is best which governs least.

Power Commander 3 Tuner
Doherty Power PACC with K&N Air Filter
Screamin' EagleĀ® Hydraulic Cam Chain Tensioner and High-Flow Oil Pump
Headwinds 2" Bullet Passing Lights 50w'
Progressive 440HD Shocks & Monotube Fork cartridges
Dual Bulb Halogen Headlamp Kit

cvobiker

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #73 on: December 31, 2012, 05:33:48 PM »

:0) - When my Maine Maritime Academy Classmate's new bride couldn't pick out Howdy Doody in a LineUp. Granted it was John's 2nd Wife.

63 in 5 months.  :0) - I do not notice much of anything different while riding. It's when i get off my Ride. Then i start feeling the "Tarnished Brass" . Ostio Arthritis in both knees and starting in right hip. First Pair of Rx Glasses etc etc............
I intend to keep riding until I can no longer hold up 2 wheels at which time I will get a side car.

now that's funny

MadCVORG

• '11 FLTRUSE
  • Senior CVO Member
« Reply #74 on: January 01, 2013, 11:52:30 AM »

This past Sept., 2 weeks shy of my 50th birthday, I had a stroke while working in Afghanistan. No pain, spent 2 weeks in the hospital before I came home, and only then did I realize how bad it was. I'm still getting 'back to normal', but I think my definition of 'normal' has been radically redefined.  Not sure I'm ready for 'old' just yet.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8  All

Page created in 0.3 seconds with 24 queries.