Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Author Topic: Dropped my Ultra Classic  (Read 12664 times)

longlast

• 2.5K CVO Member

Dropped my Ultra Classic
« on: January 05, 2013, 03:31:05 PM »

Some of you may have see a post I put on about having a Dougie knee and inquiring on reverse gear kit.

Well the unthinkable happened last month, I was moving my bike sitting on the saddle when I went to push back
my right knee popped out and over I went got thrown clean off, bike crashes over to the floor I'm laing there on my back I looked down (as my eyes started to fill with Walter with the pain) my leg was not straight. It was the worst my knee had ever dislocated. Before I could get up I had to get my knee straightened out. My bike is laying there on it's right side (guess she was not to upset at me for dropping her over as she helped me out) I slid my way over along side the bike I wedged my foot in the side bag crash bars grabbed the motor crash bar and gave a good hard yank. The knee popped back in to place, I sat there on the floor leaning against the wall looking at my bike laing on it's (what a horrid site) But thanks to the (How to stand up your bike videos) I put it in practise. Bad knee and all I got it back up.

To day I went and got a MRI done on the knee that the doc set for me. Guess I've now just got to wait for the doc to let me know what to prognoses is going to be. But for the time being doc said no more pushing the bike.

I'll update when I find out whats what.

lilcoot

• Elite CVO Member
  • Scaramoosh! Scaramoosh! Can you do the Fandango?

• CVO1: '13 FLTCUSE8
Re: Dropped my Ultra Classic
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2013, 04:57:33 PM »

So sorry to hear about your "incident".  Knees are tricky joints.  Best of luck in resolving your injury.

I've gotta ask... how in the hell did you manage to pick up your bike with an injured knee??? :'( :'( :'(  You, my friend, are an ANIMAL!  Here's to you!  :drink: :drink: :drink:

longlast

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2013, 06:39:26 PM »

So sorry to hear about your "incident".  Knees are tricky joints.  Best of luck in resolving your injury.

I've gotta ask... how in the hell did you manage to pick up your bike with an injured knee??? :'( :'( :'(  You, my friend, are an ANIMAL!  Here's to you!  :drink: :drink: :drink:

Thanks lilcoot
     All I can really say is it was not easy took me a few gos but there was no way on this earth I was going to
     leave her lying on her side like that. I was determined to put her up right. I put my back in the saddle one
     hand  on the forward crash bar other on the side bag crash bar used my left leg to push arms to lift.
     After all she did help me git my knee back into place.

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2006 SE Ultra
    • CVO2: 2018 GoldWing DCT Airbag
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2013, 07:47:47 PM »

Have you looked into the sports braces like Dan Marino wore on his knees? I know a rider who uses one. It gives him the stability he needs.
"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3

longlast

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2013, 08:09:01 PM »

No I haven't, not familiar with it can you point the direction?

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2013, 08:18:08 PM »

I believe Ironhorse is talking about something like these...

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2013, 08:45:53 PM »

I've got a custom Donjoy!   :2vrolijk_21:

I only wear it when I've tweaked my knee and am feeling more than the "usual" unstability...
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2006 SE Ultra
    • CVO2: 2018 GoldWing DCT Airbag
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2013, 10:49:07 PM »

No I haven't, not familiar with it can you point the direction?

The Donjoy posted above. Very popular with athletes. Might do the trick for you.
"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3

longlast

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2013, 02:52:50 AM »

Well isn't that the cats meow, I do believe by the looks of those subports especially the one on the right
  in the photos is the way forward. I'll show it to my doc he's one of the better doc's I've come across in
  the past few yrs. I don't know if you guy's know but over here we older fogies get free Med. care. after
  all the yrs of paying you turn the clock of 60 yrs no more cost. WE have a NHS (national health service)
  witch a lot of pepole are on, it will cover you for any hospital treatment, but can hit you for any Medication
  or out rigging you may need if your under 60yrs.

Since the incident my knee is sipping out  regularly not as so surviver thank god but I go to stand up from
  sitting I can't put any weight on it till I force the leg out straight and it will actually make a clonk noise
  (beast way I can describe it) it will not subport me and hearts like hell every time.

Thank you Fierdood and Ironhorse for your time to help me out. I knew I'd need a braise but had no idea
  what kind, I'll keep yas posted as to what the doc has to say.

Thanks again

Pete

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2013, 09:46:54 AM »

Well isn't that the cats meow, I do believe by the looks of those subports especially the one on the right
  in the photos is the way forward. I'll show it to my doc he's one of the better doc's I've come across in
  the past few yrs. I don't know if you guy's know but over here we older fogies get free Med. care. after
  all the yrs of paying you turn the clock of 60 yrs no more cost. WE have a NHS (national health service)
  witch a lot of pepole are on, it will cover you for any hospital treatment, but can hit you for any Medication
  or out rigging you may need if your under 60yrs.

Since the incident my knee is sipping out  regularly not as so surviver thank god but I go to stand up from
  sitting I can't put any weight on it till I force the leg out straight and it will actually make a clonk noise
  (beast way I can describe it) it will not subport me and hearts like hell every time.

Thank you Fierdood and Ironhorse for your time to help me out. I knew I'd need a braise but had no idea
  what kind, I'll keep yas posted as to what the doc has to say.

Thanks again

Pete

https://www.djoglobal.com/products?f%5B0%5D=im_field_brand%3A10   :2vrolijk_21:
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

LovemyCVOgirl

• Four wheels move the body.... Two wheels move the soul.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Give me a switchback any day!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: 2015 Toyota Tundra 4X4 SR5 TRD 5.7L V8
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2013, 09:59:37 AM »

Sorry to hear about your drop long last.  I hope you are ok.  My SG is in the shop right now getting a reverse put on it because of medical problems like yours it is difficult to push backwards.  I will keep you up to date on how I like the reverse option.
Some days you're a bug, some days you're a windshield.

MAT

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ride baby ride

• CVO1: 2009 SEUC Ruby Red / Typhoon Maroon
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2013, 10:15:37 AM »

With your total medical coverage and all and at your age I would think knee replacement is the answer.
Best of luck to you! :2vrolijk_21:

longlast

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2013, 12:06:21 PM »

Sorry to hear about your drop long last.  I hope you are ok.  My SG is in the shop right now getting a reverse put on it because of medical problems like yours it is difficult to push backwards.  I will keep you up to date on how I like the reverse option.

Thank you for your post and concern I am ok manage to get around ok but theres a lot of discomfort
         and as the pun gos (watch your step) well I've got to take that latterly for the time being.

And yes please do up date on the reverse. I do recall you saying you were going to get it done do to
         having some problems your self, the champion if I recall you settled on.

Good luck with it
           Pete

longlast

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2013, 12:14:48 PM »

With your total medical coverage and all and at your age I would think knee replacement is the answer.

Thanks Mat don't rightly know what's going to happen at this point in time I've still got to wait to hear
       back from the doc.

Again Thanks
          Pete

spada84

• Elite CVO Member
  • Stand for something, or fall for anything.

• CVO1: '10 SEUC "Orange Crush"
    • CVO2: 6 (or 7) other bikes
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2013, 11:33:46 PM »

Looks like wait times for knee replacement surgery in GB is over 100 days average.  Friend of mine here just had both knees replaced.  She had been having problems for some time and braces and therapy were tried with limited success.  Doctor recommended replacements, she elected to do both together, and had them in a week later.
Spada84
NoSofa!
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Page created in 0.186 seconds with 25 queries.