Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All

Author Topic: Forceflow cooling fan  (Read 17366 times)

Charlie

• 1K CVO Member
  • Blood Diamond, FLSTES3

• CVO1: FLSTSE3 - CVO Softail Convertible, 2012
    • CVO2: HD Custom Softail Heritage (Sold)
    • CVO3: BSA Rocket Gold Star 1963 (In Storage!) Ducati 1098 s (Sold) 999 (Sold) 916 (Sold) 916 (Crashed) 749 (Sold) Lots of Jap Racing Bikes!
Forceflow cooling fan
« on: January 19, 2013, 03:34:10 AM »

Hi All,
Living out here I Dubai as you can imagine it gets pretty dam hot, regularly hitting 120
I have a Harley flstse3, have already fitted the HD Premium oil cooler and am now looking at adding the new Jim's Forceflow cooling fan, just wondering if anyone has used them or has any info?
thanks,
Charlie
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 07:02:17 AM by Charlie »
Better to Reign in Hell than serve in Heaven!
Rinehart Crossback Exhaust-SEPST-HD Mustache Engine Guards-HD Flush Fuel Caps-RSD Clarity Cam Cover-RSD Clarity Derby Cover-WPW Cooling Fans-PM Merc Horn Cover-UsKoolines HP XS Ignition Leads-HD Black Daymaker Headlight-HD Premium Oil Cooler-HD Smoked Billet Turn Signals-SE VPC-SE Cam Plate-Arlen Ness Oil Pressure Gauge-Braided Fuel Crossover

Mr. Warlock

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited - unnamed
    • CVO2: 2011 Softail Convertable "Bourbon Betty" - Traded
    • CVO3: 2005 SE FatBoy - Sold
Re: Forceflow cooling fan
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2013, 07:56:22 AM »

I personally prefer these with the thermal switch, they are on mine and work perfectly. No more going into heat mode when sitting in traffic and the engine runs much cooler at all times. The thermal switch will turn them on when req. temp is reached and will turn them off when cooled to cut off temp. I (again, personally) don't think they offend the looks of the bike.
http://www.wardspartswerks.com/cooling-fans.html

I would contact the seller directly for availability, the web site states "out of stock" but in reading the forum it appears as though he has some in stock.

Alot of good reading here... It's best if you can read the whole way through (it's alot though, 122 pages) but numerous improvements were made throughout the time frame of the read.
http://www.hdforums.com/forum/touring-models/713596-built-the-best-engine-cooling-system-again.html

A few pics of them on mine.

« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 07:58:27 AM by Mr. Warlock »
Lived hard and fast, laughed harder than humans have a right to and continue to do so.

Charlie

• 1K CVO Member
  • Blood Diamond, FLSTES3

• CVO3: BSA Rocket Gold Star 1963 (In Storage!) Ducati 1098 s (Sold) 999 (Sold) 916 (Sold) 916 (Crashed) 749 (Sold) Lots of Jap Racing Bikes!
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2013, 08:25:51 AM »

Hi Warlock,

Thanks for your repply,
This was actually the other option i had in mind, it was between the two of them!
I was going to get the wardspartswerks and then a buddy of mine said the Jims fan was the most powerfull on the market! I'm not sure if thats correct or not, but i do love the look of yours on your bike,
Ill take some time tonight and reed your attachment, hopefully that can help me decide?
Thanks again,
Charlie
Rinehart Crossback Exhaust-SEPST-HD Mustache Engine Guards-HD Flush Fuel Caps-RSD Clarity Cam Cover-RSD Clarity Derby Cover-WPW Cooling Fans-PM Merc Horn Cover-UsKoolines HP XS Ignition Leads-HD Black Daymaker Headlight-HD Premium Oil Cooler-HD Smoked Billet Turn Signals-SE VPC-SE Cam Plate-Arlen Ness Oil Pressure Gauge-Braided Fuel Crossover

CVOThunder

• Retired avionics squid 1984-2004
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2013, 08:27:28 AM »

The chrome ones look mighty sharp, thanks for posting up a picture. I went with the same fans but in granite powder coating. I need to order up the thermo switch though. :2vrolijk_21:

Charlie, I hadn't read the HD forum for awhile but Jason says he is backlogged but has silver and CVO granite color on the shelf. Think it would help him move his stock if our folks took a look at his fans. Heck, he might even discount them if he needs to move them. Not sure he'd plan on another bunch though. I don't get anything from his sales. Just a good product for those who need cooling.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 08:56:04 AM by CVOThunder »
2020 Road Glide Limited, 131" kit
2007 Softail Custom
2015 Road Glide Special, denim traded
2011.5 Big Blue Screamin’ Eagle Ultra Classic traded

CVOThunder

• Retired avionics squid 1984-2004
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2013, 09:03:53 AM »

Slightly different view
2020 Road Glide Limited, 131" kit
2007 Softail Custom
2015 Road Glide Special, denim traded
2011.5 Big Blue Screamin’ Eagle Ultra Classic traded

Charlie

• 1K CVO Member
  • Blood Diamond, FLSTES3

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2013, 09:51:54 AM »

CVOThunder,
I will email Jason tomorrow morning to see whats available and what price he can do them for,
I do actually prefer the look of the chrome ones but again that is personal preference,
Thanks for your hep/advice

Warlock,
Your bike looks very cool stripped down, what pipes are you running on it?

Glenncarp

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2013, 02:53:00 PM »

If you all get American bagger, they do the install in the December issue. The Jim's airflow system has a thermostat that you connect and it turns the fan on and off as needed. You can also bypass that option and use a switch. I was kind of surprised at how extensive that install is as they take off the head bolt and tank to route the wiring. I like the looks and although I am not a NASCAR fan, these units are used to cool the NASCAR brakes. I am sure at 200 + MPH, those brakes are red hot! I also like that the Jim's fan is incorporated into the horn and the horn looks good.

Just my $.02

I personally prefer these with the thermal switch, they are on mine and work perfectly. No more going into heat mode when sitting in traffic and the engine runs much cooler at all times. The thermal switch will turn them on when req. temp is reached and will turn them off when cooled to cut off temp. I (again, personally) don't think they offend the looks of the bike.
http://www.wardspartswerks.com/cooling-fans.html

I would contact the seller directly for availability, the web site states "out of stock" but in reading the forum it appears as though he has some in stock.

Alot of good reading here... It's best if you can read the whole way through (it's alot though, 122 pages) but numerous improvements were made throughout the time frame of the read.
http://www.hdforums.com/forum/touring-models/713596-built-the-best-engine-cooling-system-again.html

A few pics of them on mine.

Lever

• 1K CVO Member
  • keep the rubber side down
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2013, 06:40:22 PM »

wow the chrome really look good  thanks for all the pics  :2vrolijk_21:
2010 CVO Convertible  crimson red sunglo/Autumn Haze with Metal Grind Graphics
2014 113  motor 10.8 compression
SAE smoothing #5  125.7 hp / 122.9 tq
2017 Road King M8
stage IV

Lever

• 1K CVO Member
  • keep the rubber side down
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2013, 06:51:13 PM »

well i just pulled the trigger and i have the chrome on order ;D
2010 CVO Convertible  crimson red sunglo/Autumn Haze with Metal Grind Graphics
2014 113  motor 10.8 compression
SAE smoothing #5  125.7 hp / 122.9 tq
2017 Road King M8
stage IV

Mr. Warlock

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2013, 05:22:35 AM »

well i just pulled the trigger and i have the chrome on order ;D

You won't be disappointed especially with your build!!

Pipes are D & D Boarzilla with the Quite Baffles. Never ending compliments on the sound and the performance is superb.
The saddlebag has to be modified in order to run this pipe!!!! just letting you know.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 05:25:03 AM by Mr. Warlock »
Lived hard and fast, laughed harder than humans have a right to and continue to do so.

Charlie

• 1K CVO Member
  • Blood Diamond, FLSTES3

« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2013, 05:33:52 AM »

Thanks Warlock,

I have another post running on exhausts and have been asking about the D & D Boarzilla (so many good reveiws and love the look) but most members are coming back saying it is too big a system for the 110 engine and should be used on a minimun 120????

Mr. Warlock

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2013, 06:36:43 AM »

Boarzilla: Well, mine is a 110, built, but still a 110. Following conversations with D&D as well as "T" Man I learned that results for this pipe would not be as good for a motor smaller than a 110. I installed it prior to the build with a downloaded map for the SEPST and just seat of the pants wes a pretty big difference in performance and how the motor ran in general. The chrome, fit and finish, sound and performance of the D&D Boarzilla and Fat Cats on mine and others I'v seen is second to none. These are just MO's of course and the choice is all yours. Remember, this pipe will not fit with the saddlebag, it has to be modified.

Charlie

• 1K CVO Member
  • Blood Diamond, FLSTES3

« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2013, 06:42:53 AM »

Warlock,
How did you get around the bags? or have you just dropped them?
What tuner are you running? what do you thinck of the SE super tuner?
Cheers,

Mr. Warlock

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2013, 09:15:27 AM »

I modified the bag to use with the pipe, it came out perfect. I'll try and get a couple of pics fo ya.

I am running the SEPST when I did mine the only other tuner was the PV but it didn't have the auto tune feature then (from what I was able to learn). Probably if it was today I would go with the PV with auto tune or the TTS Mastertune but I really have no complaints with the SEPST as long as it's used with a dyno tune. I believe there is still only one downloadable map (I could be wrong) for the CVO Softails and it is not good enough, you will need a dyno tune or do it yourself.

Charlie

• 1K CVO Member
  • Blood Diamond, FLSTES3

« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2013, 11:04:23 AM »

Thanks again Warlock, you being a great help,
I'm going to go with the SEPST, Harley are the only ones out here who DYNO bikes and they seem pretty good!
Loving your pipes but a bit concerned about the bags! Would appreciate the photos of your conversion if you have any,
If I can't get bags sorted i will probably go for the Vance & Hines 2 into 2 Big Radius but not sure on their performance?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All

Page created in 0.166 seconds with 25 queries.