Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15

Author Topic: Rain, rain... PLEASE STOP!!!  (Read 22655 times)

TinSpinner

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: FLHTCUSE8
Re: Rain, rain... PLEASE STOP!!!
« Reply #45 on: May 07, 2013, 10:57:00 AM »

I'm rearranging my work schedule this week around the weather. Taking off Thursday after I get everybody going and get some riding in. Don't mind working on a rainy weekend, sucks sitting at home polishing chrome though. Now, where did I put my sunglasses???

ultrarider123

« Reply #46 on: May 07, 2013, 01:08:56 PM »

Well, interesting what a few hours can do....and yes, I spoke too soon..... :bigcry:

North Georgia Hawg

• HoneyBadger Don't Give a CHIT...
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
    • CVO2: 2009 Chevy Avalanche LTZ Inferno Orange
    • CVO3: 2001 Ebbtide Mystique 2300: 8-ch 2000 watt audio system, two 12" Kicker subs
« Reply #47 on: May 07, 2013, 01:23:29 PM »

Well, interesting what a few hours can do....and yes, I spoke too soon..... :bigcry:

Serves you right for BRAGGIN', Howard! But if water ain't fallin' from the sky, you're good to go!

Current conditions here... Partly sunny and NO FURTHER RAIN! Yippee!!!
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 01:25:51 PM by North Georgia Hawg »

HoneyBadger Don't Care...

TD AK-20s | Drago's S/C/S-4 | SE 259Es | Feuling 8015/7060/Rods | Black Ops Lifters
Cometics | Big Sucker 2 | Energy One +1 Clutch Pack | Hayden BT07 | ClutchWIZ
WPW Fans | TL P7 LEDs/Aux | Dynamic Ringz | Tour Pak | WO 575s | RT 665
Corbin DualTour | BAH Flush Front Axle | Chrome Calipers
The Wizard's Tune

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Wait 6 months?... YES it was worth the wait!
    • HI

• CVO1: 2018_FLTRXSE, Gunship Grey, (Delivered July 28, 2018... after almost 9 )
    • CVO2: 2001_FLTRSEI, Grey/Black/Silver w/Hannigan Hack and a blast to ride.
    • CVO3: 2012_FLTRXSE, Maple/Black (Delivered 1/20/2012 - Traded 10/25/2017)
« Reply #48 on: May 08, 2013, 03:32:07 AM »

Yeah - it rains in the afternoon for a hour every day, then it's 84 and beautiful! I could get used to that...  :2vrolijk_21:

I've visited the Islands 6 times. They are staggeringly beautiful. I've been on Oahu, Hawaii, Maui, Lanai, and Kauai. The first time I was there in '78, I rented a Honda 750 and we tooled all over Oahu on it. We were young and stupid, and had all kinds of fun!

My father was stationed in Pearl Harbor in WWII, along with his older brother, my Uncle Vernon. Dad flew F4F Wildcats from the Saratoga in the war, and he was in the Battle of Midway. I still watch Midway once a year in his honor. I've been to the Arizona Memorial, and to the battleship Missouri. I've also been to many native Hawaiian places from before the coming of the "Haoles".

Dad came back to the mainland after the war, but Uncle Vernon stayed in the islands for the rest of his life. He married a native Hawaiian girl, and raised a family in Kaneohe. He got into law enforcement, and he was Chief of Police for some years, I think. I remember him being quite a character. His son, my cousin Dante Carpenter, was a State Senator in the in the late 70s, and he later was elected Mayor of the Big Island for a few years. In think he got booted out because he was too progressive and wanted to develop the Big Island more than the people there wanted.

I remember when we went to see him at the state capital in '78, he was conducting some kind of Senate meeting. When they told him we had arrived, he suspended the meeting and he came out to talk to us. We were concerned that he was keeping everyone in the meeting waiting, and I remember him waving his hand and saying "Oh, they can WAIT." And they did wait, for nearly 30 minutes. His family was more important to him than the goons in the meeting!

Last time we were in Hawaii was in March 2010, and the weather was unusually cold and rainy the whole time. Pretty miserable vacation... it felt just like it does here right now! That is the only time I have ever been there when it wasn't absolutely beautiful, warm, and sunny every day. Even the locals were saying that it's never like it was that week.

Ken

The weather has been changing here lately.. I swear we had two winters this year!... Just now things are starting to show signs of normalcy...

Last weekend our Chapter held an observation run.. forecast was for rain late in the day.. THAT didnt happen... 0800 came ant the rain came down hard, wet and unusually COLD!

Small turnout.. but we still did OK... the run made it fun... all the wet returnees were still smiling... it was all good.

No more Hawaii HOG Rally... ask HOG why...

Charlie

• 1K CVO Member
  • Blood Diamond, FLSTES3

• CVO1: FLSTSE3 - CVO Softail Convertible, 2012
    • CVO2: HD Custom Softail Heritage (Sold)
    • CVO3: BSA Rocket Gold Star 1963 (In Storage!) Ducati 1098 s (Sold) 999 (Sold) 916 (Sold) 916 (Crashed) 749 (Sold) Lots of Jap Racing Bikes!
« Reply #49 on: May 17, 2013, 10:52:20 AM »

Really do feel for you guys battling with the weather! only had one day of rain all year so far! if its any conselation its 38c over hear now and dam sweaty!
Better to Reign in Hell than serve in Heaven!
Rinehart Crossback Exhaust-SEPST-HD Mustache Engine Guards-HD Flush Fuel Caps-RSD Clarity Cam Cover-RSD Clarity Derby Cover-WPW Cooling Fans-PM Merc Horn Cover-UsKoolines HP XS Ignition Leads-HD Black Daymaker Headlight-HD Premium Oil Cooler-HD Smoked Billet Turn Signals-SE VPC-SE Cam Plate-Arlen Ness Oil Pressure Gauge-Braided Fuel Crossover

OlDog

• Full CVO Member
  • The Mistress 4
    • AB

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Black Diamond crimson tags. Stage one with V&H slip on ovals. Rider backrest.
« Reply #50 on: May 17, 2013, 04:36:58 PM »

Whaa whaa whaa, try 8 months of white chit. We did have a day or 2 earlier this month to get out for a very short chilly ride. this weekend being a long holiday weekend here, we usually get snow! Saturday supposed to be 24C. Guess we'll see how much the weatherman lied. Ride safe people!

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Be Still and Know that I AM God
    • TN

• CVO1: 2012 ULTRA FLHTCUSE7
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG FLHTCSE2
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG FLTRSEI
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #51 on: May 17, 2013, 05:51:53 PM »

Whaa whaa whaa, try 8 months of white chit. We did have a day or 2 earlier this month to get out for a very short chilly ride. this weekend being a long holiday weekend here, we usually get snow! Saturday supposed to be 24C. Guess we'll see how much the weatherman lied. Ride safe people!

8 months of that white stuff is why I moved down south 33 years ago! :huepfenlol2: Ride year round now! :P :D ;D :2vrolijk_21:

:bananarock:

longlast

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #52 on: May 17, 2013, 08:03:32 PM »

Got a the on/off weather here as well. Today though was a good riding day. Took this pic crossing the Thames in my work cage >:( you can see the Thames barrier (dike) in the forfront of the city. Envied the fella next to me.

longlast

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #53 on: May 17, 2013, 08:06:48 PM »

longlast

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #54 on: May 17, 2013, 08:07:45 PM »

3                   The Thames Barrier going across the river
« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 08:11:01 PM by longlast »

North Georgia Hawg

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

• CVO3: 2001 Ebbtide Mystique 2300: 8-ch 2000 watt audio system, two 12" Kicker subs
« Reply #55 on: May 17, 2013, 08:44:40 PM »

Everyone has to deal with weather issues. In a month I'll be bitching about how HOT it is... NAAAA! I'm from Texas, and I feel COLD until June here in Atlanta. I don't think even Dubai would be too hot for me... I'm retiring to the surface of the SUN!

I could NEVER live up north... They would find me when the snow melts, frozen stiff like that Iceman dude they found sticking out of that glacier a few years back!

We've had a week of NICE weather here, but the forecast is for the RAIN to return tomorrow... 70% tomorrow and 60% on Sunday, and it gets worse every time I look at the forecast. BLAAAAAH! And it looks like it's going to stick around for most of next week. JEEZ!

JR - I spent 9 months in Memphis back in 2004 on a contract. LOVE LOVE LOVE that town! Beale Street rules, and it has the BEST BBQ ribs ANYWHERE! We went to Rendezvous, Interstate, Central, Corky's and several other places. Corky's is my personal fave! They had one here in Atlanta, but it closed a few years ago... wasn't nearly as good as the original Corky's in Memphis on the way to the airport.

On the bright side, Mr. Wizard came over today, did his HVAC magic, and got the pool heat pump running. So the pool will be heating up nicely and should be in the 80s in a few days! It's 76 right now and climbing. If I can't ride, I'll just SWIM! WHOO-HOO!!!

THANKS MR. WIZARD!!! You are not just a Wizard... You're a real PRINCE of a man!

Ken

TD AK-20s | Drago's S/C/S-4 | SE 259Es | Feuling 8015/7060/Rods | Black Ops Lifters
The Wizard's Tune

North Georgia Hawg

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

« Reply #56 on: May 19, 2013, 11:56:21 AM »

<RANT>
OK... Honestly, this is just STUPID!!! We've had over 6" MORE RAIN in the last 48 hours, and it's rainin' like a bastard right now, complete with booming thunder, too!

Seriously? When is this crap going to END?

I excavated a big area 8" deep this week to put in some pavers, and it's now BADGER LAKE... Completely FULL of rain water! JEEZ!
</RANT>

Ken

The Wizard's Tune

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Be Still and Know that I AM God
    • TN

• CVO1: 2012 ULTRA FLHTCUSE7
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG FLHTCSE2
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG FLTRSEI
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #57 on: May 19, 2013, 01:21:39 PM »

So sorry Ken! :-\ I just got the bike detailed from the Ribfest trip and believe I will take it for a little scoot today. Sunny and upper 80's here today...better days are ahead for ya bro, hang in there! God Bless! :2vrolijk_21:

North Georgia Hawg

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

« Reply #58 on: May 19, 2013, 01:40:06 PM »

So sorry Ken! :-\ I just got the bike detailed from the Ribfest trip and believe I will take it for a little scoot today. Sunny and upper 80's here today...better days are ahead for ya bro, hang in there! God Bless! :2vrolijk_21:

Well JR, at least SOMEONE'S got good riding weather! I just had to RANT a little. It looks like still more rain is headed this way later today... YIKES!

This is the by far WETTEST and coolest spring I can remember since I moved to Atlanta back in 1992. Crazy, but we'll be thankful for this rain when the summer heat comes... and it WILL. We've had drought conditions many of the years I've lived here. Only 5 years ago, Lake Lanier hit a low of 22 feet below full pool, and entire marinas were sitting on dry land. So this rain is actually a blessing for us. I just wish it would come during the week, tho. Three out of the last four weekends have been total rainouts. We were going to ride to Guntersville, AL yesterday to watch the boat races there... but that sure didn't happen!

Ride Safe, brother!!!

Ken

The Wizard's Tune

• My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge, when my information changes, I alter my conclusions
  • 5k CVO Member
  • monter le cheval de fer (French)
    • NC

• CVO1: 2013 SERK-Dressed in BLUE of course.
    • CVO2: 2002 Supercharged HD F150 512 RWHP
    • CVO3: 1956 BelAir Sports Coupe
« Reply #59 on: May 19, 2013, 02:31:28 PM »

Started raining in the NC Mnts Sat bout 9AM and it hasn't stopped yet.........another potential weekend in the crapper!!!
Most Honda Goldwing riders will blink when hit in the head  with a ball-peen hammer (sans helmet)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15

Page created in 0.169 seconds with 20 queries.