Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15

Author Topic: Rain, rain... PLEASE STOP!!!  (Read 22609 times)

North Georgia Hawg

• HoneyBadger Don't Give a CHIT...
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
    • CVO2: 2009 Chevy Avalanche LTZ Inferno Orange
    • CVO3: 2001 Ebbtide Mystique 2300: 8-ch 2000 watt audio system, two 12" Kicker subs
Re: Rain, rain... PLEASE STOP!!!
« Reply #60 on: May 19, 2013, 04:49:26 PM »

Started raining in the NC Mnts Sat bout 9AM and it hasn't stopped yet.........another potential weekend in the crapper!!!

That just sucks! Just like here... STILL raining, and the forecast is for rain and thunderstorms all this coming week. Poor Honey Badger and Marvin are sure not feelin' the love lately...

I took advantage of a break in the rain earlier to run out and dig a little ditch down the hill to drain the water from "Badger Lake". Now it's just the "Badger Mud Pit", but least it's a little progress on an otherwise total loss of a weekend!  :vrolijk_1:

Ken

HoneyBadger Don't Care...

TD AK-20s | Drago's S/C/S-4 | SE 259Es | Feuling 8015/7060/Rods | Black Ops Lifters
Cometics | Big Sucker 2 | Energy One +1 Clutch Pack | Hayden BT07 | ClutchWIZ
WPW Fans | TL P7 LEDs/Aux | Dynamic Ringz | Tour Pak | WO 575s | RT 665
Corbin DualTour | BAH Flush Front Axle | Chrome Calipers
The Wizard's Tune

trwtow

• Elite CVO Member
    • MI

• CVO1: 19 roadglide mako shark
« Reply #61 on: May 19, 2013, 06:07:37 PM »

That just sucks! Just like here... STILL raining, and the forecast is for rain and thunderstorms all this coming week. Poor Honey Badger and Marvin are sure not feelin' the love lately...

I took advantage of a break in the rain earlier to run out and dig a little ditch down the hill to drain the water from "Badger Lake". Now it's just the "Badger Mud Pit", but least it's a little progress on an otherwise total loss of a weekend!  :vrolijk_1:

Ken

86 in mid mich full sunshine went on a 180 mile ride only 3 beer stops :bananarock:
04 cvo duece blue sold
06 electaglide classic sold
10 sesg concorde sold
12 sesg ruby sold
17 sesg orange sold
19 cvo roadglide mako
and washboy for wifes softail deluxe

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #62 on: May 19, 2013, 08:42:58 PM »

86 in mid mich full sunshine went on a 180 mile ride only 3 beer stops :bananarock:
We were up your way today. Did 300 miles round trip to Toledo and back. Saw a few ugly clouds and caught maybe a dozen raindrops but that was it.

Don't sweat it NGH,,,,at least you can ride in January if you really want to.  :-X
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

North Georgia Hawg

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

• CVO3: 2001 Ebbtide Mystique 2300: 8-ch 2000 watt audio system, two 12" Kicker subs
« Reply #63 on: May 19, 2013, 10:01:52 PM »

Don't sweat it NGH,,,,at least you can ride in January if you really want to.  :-X

Actually, we DID ride several times in January! It was nearly as warm on a few days in January and February as it was here TODAY.

The good news is that it stopped raining here over an HOUR ago!  ;D  :orange:  :bananarock:  :2vrolijk_21:

TD AK-20s | Drago's S/C/S-4 | SE 259Es | Feuling 8015/7060/Rods | Black Ops Lifters
The Wizard's Tune

longlast

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #64 on: May 19, 2013, 10:36:46 PM »

Be-gees Ken, still got rain!!..WHAT do yous live in,.. a rain forest?. Seems ya don't need a pool when you can just step out the door to get wet ;D :P
Feel for ya man. May sunshine come your way soon. Even a rainforest has to have sun shine ;)

North Georgia Hawg

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

« Reply #65 on: May 19, 2013, 10:49:06 PM »

Be-gees Ken, still got rain!!..WHAT do yous live in,.. a rain forest?. Seems ya don't need a pool when you can just step out the door to get wet ;D :P
Feel for ya man. May sunshine come your way soon. Even a rainforest has to have sun shine ;)

No kidding! Like I said, this is the wettest spring I can remember... but at least the lakes are all at full pool. THAT hasn't happened in far too long. This is highly unusual weather.

But the weather gods REALLY need to turn the spigots OFF now! I let 4" of water out of the pool this morning, and I may need to let some out tomorrow too, since it rained literally all day again today. But in a month, I'm sure I'll be having to put water back INTO it...

Ken

The Wizard's Tune

longlast

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #66 on: May 21, 2013, 01:19:37 PM »

Ken isn't all that rain walter going to undo all that pool cleansing material you spent a bundle on? :(

North Georgia Hawg

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

« Reply #67 on: May 21, 2013, 02:23:02 PM »

Ken isn't all that rain walter going to undo all that pool cleansing material you spent a bundle on? :(

Not really... It dilutes the water some is all. Rainwater is clean water, so it doesn't get the pool dirty. I just now added 4 more bags of salt because it had dropped from 3200 PPM to 2700 PPM from all of the recent rain. Water readings are perfect, but I may need to bump the cyanuric acid some later. It's a chlorine stabilizer that prevents the unstabilized chlorine generated from the salt from burning off in hot weather. I put 25 lbs of that in two weeks ago, and the level is still good... But for salt pools it's recommended to keep it at 120 PPM, on the high side.

The GOOD news is that Mr. Wizard came by late last week and got the heat pump running! He cleaned the coils, put about 4 lbs of R22 in it, and fixed the water pressure switch. They don't call him the WIZ for nothing! I've had it running since he left, and the pool is now at a comfy 88 degrees. It's actually a bit TOO warm for the daytime but it feels great at night.

It ain't WHAT you know... It's WHO you know! And Mr. Wizard is a real PRINCE of a man!  :2vrolijk_21: I owe him big time, but he just never seems to need a favor...  ???

My teenage daughter  :sweetheart: is visiting this week, and we're hanging out at the pool today. The rain stopped just in time!  :sunny:

Ken

The Wizard's Tune

longlast

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #68 on: May 21, 2013, 07:55:51 PM »

Well that's good the rain didn't upset your hard work :2vrolijk_21:

Go's to show the high tec. knowledge I know about pools is, how to jump in and slash around :P

It was good your mate MR. WIZZARD got things sorted with the pool temp. in time for your daughters stayover and sunshine to boot :2vrolijk_21:

Enjoy Brother Enjoy. :bananarock:

North Georgia Hawg

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

(SIGH) SOGGY 4th of July weekend...
« Reply #69 on: July 03, 2013, 01:57:27 PM »

Well, we've had some really nice weather lately, but it's time to bitch again. The Weather Gods are in a MOOD, and this Independence Day weekend is going to be MEGA-SOGGY in these parts.

It's 69 degrees here right now - 69 on July 3rd! - and the forecast is for several more inches of rain through the weekend... including 100% chance tomorrow the 4th. River Flood warning is already in effect through Friday, and most of the fireworks events have already been cancelled or rescheduled.  :nixweiss:

No riding any time soon! Hopefully I will be able to get out a bit on Saturday. Starting tomorrow it will be me and 5 women (daughters, granddaughter, and their friend) in the Badger Den... talk about swimming in the Estrogen Ocean with no land in sight!  :o  May need to do an emergency retreat to my workshop!  :builder:

At least the lawn fertilizer I put down yesterday has gotten thoroughly watered in today...

Ken

The Wizard's Tune

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
Re: Re: Rain, rain... PLEASE STOP!!!
« Reply #70 on: July 03, 2013, 10:27:17 PM »

Your weather is why we started out northwest on vacation this week instead of the east coast trip we had planned. It followed us. Ohio-MI-IN and now on BG Kentucky. Today is the only day we haven't been rained on yet. :-\

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

North Georgia Hawg

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

Re: Re: Rain, rain... PLEASE STOP!!!
« Reply #71 on: July 03, 2013, 10:57:35 PM »

Your weather is why we started out northwest on vacation this week instead of the east coast trip we had planned. It followed us. Ohio-MI-IN and now on BG Kentucky. Today is the only day we haven't been rained on yet. :-\

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Yeah, I saw your planned "Far East Cruise"... Too bad you rerouted west and STILL got rained on! RIDE SAFE, man..

It will likely rain here for the duration... more MASSIVE rain coming up from the south extending all the way into the Gulf and heading north. At least I will not need to add any water to the POOL!

Our holiday guests coming from St. Louis have stopped in Nashville for the night. You can see in this pic that it was pouring there, too. What a soggy mess this 4th will be...

Ken

The Wizard's Tune

TinSpinner

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: FLHTCUSE8
« Reply #72 on: July 04, 2013, 11:39:08 AM »

This rain has put a huge damper on festivities for the 4th. At my house, we had 3.5" of rain between 10AM and 3PM yesterday and it hasn't stopped yet, just slowed down a bit. Good day to get some of the goodies I've been collecting for my bike installed, darn sure won't be riding this week.

• My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge, when my information changes, I alter my conclusions
  • 5k CVO Member
  • monter le cheval de fer (French)
    • NC

• CVO1: 2013 SERK-Dressed in BLUE of course.
    • CVO2: 2002 Supercharged HD F150 512 RWHP
    • CVO3: 1956 BelAir Sports Coupe
« Reply #73 on: July 04, 2013, 10:57:32 PM »

Rained here for the 6th straight day, but today was NO let up. Flooding everywhere, washed my barn road away......again. That's a half-day job and sposed to leave for NC Coast early Sat morning. No ridin fo me  :drink: :drink:
Most Honda Goldwing riders will blink when hit in the head  with a ball-peen hammer (sans helmet)

Banana man

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2005 seeg banana
« Reply #74 on: July 04, 2013, 10:58:58 PM »

Hey Ken, send some of that rain back to the west a few states. We have not had rain here in weeks.
We NEED some rain.

It is not so dry that the county banned fireworks this year because I can here them popping all around the
house right now.

Having to water every night to keep the grass alive and green. Water bill gonna be big :(.
Would just like a little help from the heavens to keep the grass healthy, so Ken send me some
rain. :2vrolijk_21:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15

Page created in 0.198 seconds with 24 queries.