Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15

Author Topic: Rain, rain... PLEASE STOP!!!  (Read 22687 times)

ultrarider123

Re: Rain, rain... PLEASE STOP!!!
« Reply #75 on: July 05, 2013, 10:06:35 AM »

OK,whoever (or is that whomever...?) is doing the rain dance here in the Southeast..YOU CAN STOP NOW!

This is just plain redunkulous!!!

I called Noah to see if my room was ready............ ;D

North Georgia Hawg

• HoneyBadger Don't Give a CHIT...
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
    • CVO2: 2009 Chevy Avalanche LTZ Inferno Orange
    • CVO3: 2001 Ebbtide Mystique 2300: 8-ch 2000 watt audio system, two 12" Kicker subs
« Reply #76 on: July 05, 2013, 01:46:53 PM »

Hey Ken, send some of that rain back to the west a few states. We have not had rain here in weeks.
We NEED some rain.

It is not so dry that the county banned fireworks this year because I can here them popping all around the
house right now.

Having to water every night to keep the grass alive and green. Water bill gonna be big :(.
Would just like a little help from the heavens to keep the grass healthy, so Ken send me some
rain. :2vrolijk_21:

I sure wish we COULD send you some, Mark! We have TOO MUCH in the Southeast. Haven't seen the sun in quite awhile.

They didn't ban fireworks here... they just couldn't get them to LIGHT cuz they were all wet! Actually, the City of Cumming did their fireworks showon the 3rd at 9:30 PM, in the rain. I thought we were being attacked... Didn't realize we are only about 1 1/2 miles away from the fairgrounds here now. Couldn't see a thing through our woods, but man were they LOUD!

Rained here for the 6th straight day, but today was NO let up. Flooding everywhere, washed my barn road away......again. That's a half-day job and sposed to leave for NC Coast early Sat morning. No ridin fo me  :drink: :drink:

Sorry to hear about your barn road washing away. Bummer.

OK,whoever (or is that whomever...?) is doing the rain dance here in the Southeast..YOU CAN STOP NOW!

This is just plain redunkulous!!!

I called Noah to see if my room was ready............ ;D

Howard - I called too. Kept getting a busy signal!

HoneyBadger Don't Care...

TD AK-20s | Drago's S/C/S-4 | SE 259Es | Feuling 8015/7060/Rods | Black Ops Lifters
Cometics | Big Sucker 2 | Energy One +1 Clutch Pack | Hayden BT07 | ClutchWIZ
WPW Fans | TL P7 LEDs/Aux | Dynamic Ringz | Tour Pak | WO 575s | RT 665
Corbin DualTour | BAH Flush Front Axle | Chrome Calipers
The Wizard's Tune

HogDude

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: Gone-05 SEEG2(never should have let her go)
    • CVO2: 2013 CVO Road King
« Reply #77 on: July 05, 2013, 08:34:05 PM »

NW Florida has been getting hammered the last few days and more of the liquid stuff for the weekend.
Couldn't even get out of the house yesterday. Here's a view from off my driveway yesterday.. chit....
13" in the street
« Last Edit: July 05, 2013, 08:41:43 PM by HogDude »

woode

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: Anniversary FLHTCUSE8
    • CVO2: (Retired) Ruby Red FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #78 on: July 06, 2013, 01:16:57 AM »

I moved from Pittsburgh to North Georgia in April, and I think it has rained most days since I've been here.  Makes normally wet Pittsburgh seem like a desert. 

North Georgia Hawg

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

• CVO3: 2001 Ebbtide Mystique 2300: 8-ch 2000 watt audio system, two 12" Kicker subs
« Reply #79 on: July 06, 2013, 10:37:51 AM »

I moved from Pittsburgh to North Georgia in April, and I think it has rained most days since I've been here.  Makes normally wet Pittsburgh seem like a desert. 

Welcome to Jaw-juh!

Rest assured, this is NOT a normal year, nor summer. We rarely get wet, cool years like this... the last really wet one i remember was in '05. Usually it's in the mid to high 90s, sunny, and dry this time of year. In fact, for most of the last decade we've been in drought conditions in the south.

I really am ready for the rain to stop... but temps in the 70s in July are more than welcome!

We're swimming today whether it rains or not... as long as there is no lightning.

Ken

TD AK-20s | Drago's S/C/S-4 | SE 259Es | Feuling 8015/7060/Rods | Black Ops Lifters
The Wizard's Tune

HogDude

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: Gone-05 SEEG2(never should have let her go)
    • CVO2: 2013 CVO Road King
« Reply #80 on: July 06, 2013, 10:48:16 AM »

Welcome to Jaw-juh!

Rest assured, this is NOT a normal year, nor summer. We rarely get wet, cool years like this... the last really wet one i remember was in '05. Usually it's in the mid to high 90s, sunny, and dry this time of year. In fact, for most of the last decade we've been in drought conditions in the south.

I really am ready for the rain to stop... but temps in the 70s in July are more than welcome!

We're swimming today whether it rains or not... as long as there is no lightning.

Ken
Enjoy the pool if you can. More rain forecast for today. Here's this morning's clip. I'm at 17" and climbing. Geez.

KennyC

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2004SE E-Glide Org/Blk
    • CVO2: I Wish
« Reply #81 on: July 06, 2013, 08:20:30 PM »

We could use a shower here in Arkansas. I look like the Tasmanian Devil on my Dixie Chopper mowing. If we don't get some rain soon I won't need to mow  ;D

tazmun

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE (sold)
    • CVO2: 19 FLHXS All Black
« Reply #82 on: July 06, 2013, 10:48:16 PM »

Just got back from a 15 day. 3k trip to the east coast. First day thru Ohio, a downpour on the interstate. Got, 2/3 inches before It stopped. Went on to DC, then down to  Myrtle Beach, Charleston, Hilton Head, Savannah. Up thru Greenville, SC  Chattanooga, Knoxville, Lexington, Louisville, Indy, Chicago, and back home. It rained almost every
fricking day, or should I say poured! Got back home to Blue skies, and 85 degrees. I think the rain Gods were following us!!!!   
The "TAZMUN"

North Georgia Hawg

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

« Reply #83 on: July 07, 2013, 09:34:09 AM »

Just got back from a 15 day. 3k trip to the east coast. First day thru Ohio, a downpour on the interstate. Got, 2/3 inches before It stopped. Went on to DC, then down to  Myrtle Beach, Charleston, Hilton Head, Savannah. Up thru Greenville, SC  Chattanooga, Knoxville, Lexington, Louisville, Indy, Chicago, and back home. It rained almost every
fricking day, or should I say poured! Got back home to Blue skies, and 85 degrees. I think the rain Gods were following us!!!!   

Sounds like a nice - albeit WET - trip!

We actually spent a good portion of yesterday at the pool. It rained a few times but the day was mostly dry. There was a heavy but brief downpour just before dusk. Hasn't rained yet today but radar shows more coming up from the gulf again.

I briefly considered taking my daughter out for a spin today - but that ain't happening!

Our family company is packing up for the long drive back to St. Louis. We are just going to chill today after they leave.... We're pooped from yesterday!

Ken

The Wizard's Tune

Sidecar Dan

• Junior CVO Member
  • 2012 SERG/Hannigan SP2

• CVO1: 2012 SERG CVO
« Reply #84 on: July 07, 2013, 01:38:31 PM »

I woke up this morning and there was this WEIRD "yellowish" thing in the sky...and there was dark and light patches all over the ground. It was warm feeling on my skin and there was no water falling from the sky! ...but the Arc Building will continue!
Sidecar Dan

There is a fine line between a hobby and mental illness!

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #85 on: July 07, 2013, 08:39:47 PM »

Speaking of rain..... I've got a great pix of my water cooled SERGU  :-[

And another one taken July 4th in Bowling Green, Ky.

« Last Edit: July 07, 2013, 08:43:36 PM by Ohiobellboy »
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

North Georgia Hawg

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

« Reply #86 on: July 07, 2013, 08:51:17 PM »

I woke up this morning and there was this WEIRD "yellowish" thing in the sky...and there was dark and light patches all over the ground. It was warm feeling on my skin and there was no water falling from the sky! ...but the Arc Building will continue!

That yellow thing in the sky hasn't been seen around here much in the past WEEK! And the forecast is 50-60% chance of precip every day all this coming week and NEXT weekend, too.

Weirdest weather year in ages this year. Enough is ENOUGH!

Ken

The Wizard's Tune

ultrarider123

« Reply #87 on: July 08, 2013, 07:29:53 AM »

Weirdest weather year in ages this year. Enough is ENOUGH!
Ken

Agreed, Ken

After this past week's monsoon and a bit over halfway through 2013, we are up almost 20" above normal here in East Tennessee.  Another fine statistic is we have now gone 31 weeks in a row where we've had at least one day of rain (that goes back to November of last year) so pretty wet around here.  Lots of flooding over the weekend.  Ready for the dry, hazy days of Summer.... :2vrolijk_21:

longlast

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #88 on: July 08, 2013, 08:10:17 AM »

Feel for you guys :'(

Don't mean to put a damper on your already downer. But across the pond we're hitting 29/33c blue Sky's ROSTING :cool26:

ultrarider123

« Reply #89 on: July 08, 2013, 08:19:02 AM »

Sounds like you are having some great ridin' weather, Pete....also, off topic a bit but congrats on the Wimbleton win to Andy Murray as the first Brit to win in 77 years.  I'm not a big tennis fan but watched the match yesterday and he sure played his heart out.  Looks like the entire country turned out to watch!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15

Page created in 0.182 seconds with 24 queries.