Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9  All

Author Topic: Rider Down  (Read 25495 times)

TN

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • SC

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
Re: Rider Down
« Reply #45 on: May 13, 2013, 06:15:12 PM »

Arland and Vicky are in my daily prayers. Thanks for keeping us apprised JR.

Phillip
Wut the hell was that maneuver

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #46 on: May 13, 2013, 07:25:40 PM »

Appreciate the update, JR...  Continued prayers and good thoughts!
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #47 on: May 13, 2013, 09:16:01 PM »

Thanks for the update JR. Glad to hear they are doing better.

Bubba

• 1K CVO Member
  • LIVE TO RIDE! RIDE TO EAT!

• CVO1: 2006 CUSE B/S
« Reply #48 on: May 14, 2013, 01:11:16 PM »

Thank you for the update JR.

Jo Ann and I continue to keep Arland and Vicki in our PRAYERS..
Any-day above ground is worth living so let's go riding!!!

longlast

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #49 on: May 14, 2013, 05:28:38 PM »

The Atlantic waves are still carring my prayers to you
                                                                Arland & Vicki

Thanks JR

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
« Reply #50 on: May 14, 2013, 09:37:43 PM »

May GOD's healing hands be at your side.  Thoughts and prayers to you both.

Tele

• dream as if you'll live for ever
« Reply #51 on: May 15, 2013, 12:41:53 AM »

I don't know to many folks in America but i am always sadend buy news of people getting hurt so i pray for you and all the riders down at the moment and remind all who enjoy the freedom of riding to slow down a little and arrive safe because your families need us around God bless all of you

08glide

• 1K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 2012 cvoseuc
    • CVO2: 08 sg 105 anniv
« Reply #52 on: May 15, 2013, 09:25:20 AM »

I'm so sorry to hear of Arland &Vickie's accident. As with most of us in the biker community, it saddens us to hear of "one of our own" going down. My prayers are with them, as I will add them to a several prayer lists. It does make one feel warm at the response by the people on this web site & the ones who visited them. I'm glad to be a part of this site.
GOD BLESS all.   RIDE SAFE
"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."  (James Dean)

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Be Still and Know that I AM God
    • TN

• CVO1: 2012 ULTRA FLHTCUSE7
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG FLHTCSE2
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG FLTRSEI
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #53 on: May 15, 2013, 02:12:44 PM »

Just Got off the phone with Arland and he confirmed the doctors are planning to do surgery on his foot the 22nd of May so lets be praying in advance that all goes well there with no complications. Arland said he believes Vickie is being sent to a hospital in Chattanooga because he hasn't been able to talk with her today so be in prayer for her. Arland said he had a rough night last night but is doing better today. Hard to sleep in a hospital when they keep coming in and checking on ya! Asked him if he had any chest pain from the bypass and he said he really hasn't but his foot is painful. Being his foot is messed up he hasn't been able to get up and around like they usually do after surgery. He is on a light pain medication. Be in prayer about the insurance co. There not wanting to pay for certain procedures with surgery's. It's almost a full time job dealing with the insurance at times and with both Vickie and Arland down it is difficult for them. I let him know he is loved and was able to pray with him today. Praise God for Joevibe who is able to visit and talk with Arland since he lives in Nashville area. That's it for now, love ya'll, God Bless!

:bananarock:
« Last Edit: May 19, 2013, 11:01:09 AM by JR »

ultrarider123

« Reply #54 on: May 15, 2013, 02:32:13 PM »

Thanks for the update, JR.  Talked to Joe a bit earlier (actually PM).  Told him and will tell you to please pass along to Arland and Vicki that if there is ANYTHING they need for us local folks to do for them, please do not hesitate to let us know.  I'm about 2 hours from Nashville and Chattanooga so can be at either location at the drop of a hat.  Prayer goes without saying but please let them know there are quite a few forum members and others that have them on a prayer list.  God is good, His healing power is unlimited and His love is all around us.  Praise Him for what he is doing and going to do in this time of need.

Howard

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #55 on: May 15, 2013, 02:44:24 PM »

Just saw this thread.  Please pass along my best JR.  Sounds like your making yeoman efforts to help out.  Good on ya buddy.

Hope the recoveries continue.  As much fun and as special as the Gatherings are we have riders down sometimes.  Have worked a couple of those accidents myself and been there after a few others.  Sometimes short of just not being there it's absolutely unavoidable.  But let's all be careful out there friends.  Nobody watches for us better than us.

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• photobucket.com
« Reply #56 on: May 15, 2013, 03:23:09 PM »

Thanks for the update, JR.  Talked to Joe a bit earlier (actually PM).  Told him and will tell you to please pass along to Arland and Vicki that if there is ANYTHING they need for us local folks to do for them, please do not hesitate to let us know.  I'm about 2 hours from Nashville and Chattanooga so can be at either location at the drop of a hat.  Prayer goes without saying but please let them know there are quite a few forum members and others that have them on a prayer list.  God is good, His healing power is unlimited and His love is all around us.  Praise Him for what he is doing and going to do in this time of need.

Howard

Thanks Howard! I did let him know about this thread and the amount of prayer being lifted up on their behalf and he was very grateful. Thanks again man!

Don, I will let him know next time I talk with him.  :2vrolijk_21:

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #57 on: May 15, 2013, 07:54:00 PM »

Just Got off the phone with Arland and he confirmed the doctors are planning to do surgery on his foot the 22nd of May so lets be praying in advance that all goes well there with no complications. Arland said he believes Vickie is being sent to a hospital in Chattanooga because he hasn't been able to talk with her today so be in prayer for her. Arland said he had a rough night last night but is doing better today. Hard to sleep in a hospital when they keep coming in and checking on ya! Asked him if he had any chest pain from the bypass and he said he really hasn't but his foot is painful. Being his foot is messed up he hasn't been able to get up and around like they usually do after surgery. He is on a light pain medication. Be in prayer about the insurance co. There not wanting to pay for certain procedures with surgery's. It's almost a full time job dealing with the insurance at times and with both Vickie and Arland down it is difficult for them. I let him know he is loved and was able to pray with him today. Praise God for Joevibe who is able to visit and talk with Arland since he lives in Nashville area. That's it for now, love ya'll, God Bless!

Most hospitals have a "patient's advocate" who can help deal with patient issues including insurance company hurdles...  If Arland and Vicki have any family with them, perhaps they could see if the hospital they are in has this service.  If they are without family, maybe a local site member could look into it?

Not getting the best possible medical treatment because of insurance complications is unconscionable..
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• photobucket.com
« Reply #58 on: May 15, 2013, 08:39:15 PM »

I agree! :2vrolijk_21: Their family was up during the wreck but went home for work is what Vicki told me last Saturday. I hope they will be back this weekend to see their Dad. I will ask Arland about that tomorrow. I was just relaying what Arland said in our phone call. Thanks man, God Bless! :2vrolijk_21:

« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 07:35:39 PM by JR »

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #59 on: May 16, 2013, 12:36:30 PM »

Most hospitals have a "patient's advocate" who can help deal with patient issues including insurance company hurdles...  If Arland and Vicki have any family with them, perhaps they could see if the hospital they are in has this service.  If they are without family, maybe a local site member could look into it?

Not getting the best possible medical treatment because of insurance complications is unconscionable..

You are so right, Scott.

I think I read that Arland is at Vanderbilt University Hospital.  I worked for The University of Alabama at Birmingham for over 20 years and know for sure that they had patient's "case workers" who assisted with the social and business needs of the patient and worked with their family members as well.  I would be very surprised if Vandy did not have similar services.  Certainly something worth checking into.

Insurance companies piss me off...it seems they often feel that their job is to deny first, until forced to do what is the right thing, and often what they know they will have to do in the long run.  But it often takes some prodding, which just adds to the stress the patient and family is already facing.

JR...as always, you are an exceptional human being in both actions and words.  You're the real deal, bro... :2vrolijk_21:
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9  All

Page created in 0.175 seconds with 21 queries.