Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All

Author Topic: Arc Audio Amp + Focal Speakers = SWEET!  (Read 24409 times)

RussG69

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 #216
Re: Arc Audio Amp + Focal Speakers = SWEET!
« Reply #60 on: August 29, 2013, 02:48:35 PM »

Has anyone had problems with the Focal speakers leaking, every time I go riding it seems to rain.

I used the 3M strip calk 08578 that Pete recomended around everything. I have road in some good rains and not a problem yet.....

brosen101

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 CUSE8
« Reply #61 on: August 29, 2013, 06:42:59 PM »

Tried asking this in a different area on the board but didn't get a response, so will try again but on this thread...

I have a '13 CUSE8 and will be installing an Arc Audio amp inside the fairing.  I've read in older posts on this site that the best place to install it is on top of the head unit.  However, when I pulled the fairing, there are already three small modules (XM, infotainment, & iPod) stacked on top of the head unit by the factory, leaving what looks like to me, no room to mount the amp. 

Has anyone actually mounted an Arc Audio amp, inside the fairing, on a '13 CUSE8 with these modules on top of the head unit already?  If so, how in the heck did you get it to fit?

For now, the stock amp is sitting in my left saddle bag but the job feels unfinished to me.  Looking for some advice on this one...

Thanks!
Brian

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
« Reply #62 on: August 29, 2013, 07:40:40 PM »

I believe that you can relocate the stock assy modules and stick that amp right on the radio.  You will love that amp.  :2vrolijk_21:

RussG69

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 #216
« Reply #63 on: August 29, 2013, 09:42:31 PM »

I remember seeing a bracket that was made that attached to the deck and went over the ipod xm modules somewhere here or another forum but I made my own out of an old piece of return grill cover and it worked great. I can see if I have pics of it tonight.

Rig Magician

• Stupid Hurts

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Road Glide Custom
« Reply #64 on: August 30, 2013, 06:04:24 AM »

I mounted my amp on the Right side, just tuck it into the space between the glove compartment and wall. Be sure to tuck it in there as hight as you can and put the forward side up high to let the fairing go back on correct.
Mark
You have to be tuff if you are going to be Dumb!!!!

brosen101

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #65 on: August 31, 2013, 01:15:55 AM »

Thanks for the feedback - sounds like I need to do a little reorganizing in that fairing!  Stuffing 10 lbs of sh#$ in a 5 lb bag comes to mind...

Brian

Rig Magician

• Stupid Hurts

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Road Glide Custom
« Reply #66 on: August 31, 2013, 03:48:21 AM »

It is really not that bad of and install. Under a day easy. The hardest part was getting the fairing back on. I had to get my amp to come off of the velcro because it was hitting the fairing. I used a plastic dealer license plate we removed from my wife's Explorer. It also helps to get it in place. Just hold it behind the amp get it where you want it then pull the plate out.
 The sound is worth it though, Very clear and loud. The stock Harley stereo is the only hold back now. If you get it to loud it will start distorting some. But it is way louder than stock.
Mark
You have to be tuff if you are going to be Dumb!!!!

brosen101

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #67 on: August 31, 2013, 04:07:26 AM »

It is really not that bad of and install. Under a day easy. The hardest part was getting the fairing back on. I had to get my amp to come off of the velcro because it was hitting the fairing. I used a plastic dealer license plate we removed from my wife's Explorer. It also helps to get it in place. Just hold it behind the amp get it where you want it then pull the plate out.
 The sound is worth it though, Very clear and loud. The stock Harley stereo is the only hold back now. If you get it to loud it will start distorting some. But it is way louder than stock.
Mark

Hi Mark - I've heard nothing but great reviews on the Arc Amp, and can't wait to get it installed.  If I read your post right, it looks like you have an RG, and you found a decent amount of room on the right side by the glove box indentation.  But on my bike the Ultra, the batwing seems to be even tighter on space in every direction.  I like the idea of relocating the three small modules currently sitting on top of the head unit to make space for the amp.  I just need to get back in there and get 'er done.  This completes my detachable tourpak project and to quote another member on this site..."It's like having two bikes for the price of one and a half."

Abimael

« Reply #68 on: August 13, 2014, 07:46:39 AM »

Just wondering, are they also waterproof like stock HD audio system ?
thankss
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All

Page created in 0.135 seconds with 20 queries.