Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7  All

Author Topic: 2014 Breakout Colours - Anybody know?  (Read 23498 times)

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
Re: 2014 Breakout Colours - Anybody know?
« Reply #45 on: August 18, 2013, 03:16:10 PM »

Didg, ding, ding, ding, we have a winner! Have yourself an O/B float (root beer, Orange Crush & ice cream) on me!
:2vrolijk_21: Thanks... but I'm going to have something a little stronger since it is the weekend and I'm not on call... I'll save the float for when I'm on call. ;D

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

RatMonkey

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #46 on: August 19, 2013, 12:03:58 AM »

Well, black and red seems to be an option.  Here is a sneak peek a few hours early:

RatMonkey

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #47 on: August 19, 2013, 12:08:41 AM »

Here's another

Layin the Pipe

• Drill baby drill!
  • Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 FXSBSE Hard Candy Gold Dust/Liquid Sun
« Reply #48 on: August 19, 2013, 12:47:32 AM »

Those are cool. Think I still like the 2013s better.
You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas! - Davy Crockett

Nicky Pass

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #49 on: August 19, 2013, 01:40:49 AM »

Not a huge fan of the paint scheme.  It seems a little plain for a cvo.  If they were gonna play it safe, I would have mimicked the cvo road king 110th scheme.  It need to be exclusive, not look like something from the back of the hd fat book custom paint.  I hope they at least used the flake paint to make it pop.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 01:42:25 AM by Nicky Pass »

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 Breakout-crimson red
    • CVO2: 2012 V-Rod/10th Anniversary edition..well it SHOULD have been a CVO!
« Reply #50 on: August 19, 2013, 06:44:08 AM »

Oh my....was just checking them out on the HD website....I know it's human nature to criticize something new and different from what you have, but boy it seems to me they "dumbed down the paint" this year....very simple paintwork....the sedona looks very similar to the available factory paint on the wide glide last year.  I'm with you on that Nicky.

I can't quite put my finger on it but it seems like the paint belongs on a different class of bike, like a sport bike maybe....Just does not look like custom cruiser paintwork....and way too much flake in the sedona for my taste.

However, I always like dark blue for a bike color and seeing the blue frame is nice...

I never have been a Deluxe fan at all, so I don't really have an opinion on that one.

But I am surprised there are two Softail CVO's....It's interesting they have "Softail" in the Deluxe name but not the Breakout....
« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 06:55:35 AM by Z06_Pilot »
2013 CVO Breakout-crimson red, V/H Big Radius 2-2, Power Vision tuner, Kuryakyn swingarm plate mount
2012 10th Anniversary V-Rod, TAB slash-cut exhaust, Cobra Fi2000 Pro Tuner

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 Breakout-crimson red
    • CVO2: 2012 V-Rod/10th Anniversary edition..well it SHOULD have been a CVO!
« Reply #51 on: August 19, 2013, 07:02:09 AM »

When doing a 360 view of the orange, I do believe the wheels are not chrome?  I was wondering why they weren't jumping off the page....I do believe the wheels are all black with only chrome trim on the outside of the spokes?  They look exactly like standard production Breakout wheels with a few more spokes and chrome trim on the outside(not even chrome all the way around the spokes)

I know I have not seen them in person yet and you can't form  a full opinion yet, but boy....resale values of 2013's might have just gone up..   :2vrolijk_21:

I always thought that CVO's were the one place you could truly get away from this crazy fad of blacked out bikes, but it appears it has invaded our space.....

No brown seat on either of the 3 color options....black only...

Looks like they do come with LED headlights standard though...

And the orange has a black frame, just like standard production bikes, it appears?

Oh, and I MUCH prefer my Willie G skull on my tank as oppossed to the profile "Hellion" or whatever that is....

wow....
« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 10:14:45 AM by Z06_Pilot »
2013 CVO Breakout-crimson red, V/H Big Radius 2-2, Power Vision tuner, Kuryakyn swingarm plate mount
2012 10th Anniversary V-Rod, TAB slash-cut exhaust, Cobra Fi2000 Pro Tuner

CVOSE Breakout

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #52 on: August 19, 2013, 07:11:44 AM »

Z06 and Nicky youre dead right. The bike is a great bike but the paint and wheels are a let down. Paint is wide glide standards. I dont mind the stubby air pod but then again the long sleek look of the 13 suits better. I feel for those who missed out on the 13's. JMO

G_Fend

• Full CVO Member
  • FXSBSE

• CVO1: '13 CVO Breakout (Crimson Red)
    • CVO2: '05 FXD
« Reply #53 on: August 19, 2013, 08:26:48 AM »

And, in one way, it's nice to see that they kept a lot of similarity to the '13...because hopefully that'll give manufacturers another kick in the A$$ to get more products out.

Not that Ruby really *needs* anything, but it's always nice to have options. I'm still waiting to hear back from Rinehart abouit their Crossbacks.
2013 CVO Breakout FXSBSE
Crimson Red Sunglo
Quick Release Windshield
Engine Guard with Slipstream Highway Pegs
V&H Slash-cut Slip-ons

cambo

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Breakout
    • CVO2: 2015 Ultra Limited
« Reply #54 on: August 19, 2013, 08:36:52 AM »

I kinda like the black/silver one a lot. But then I like any paint scheme that involves black and silver. The pattern on the seat also mimics the paint swirl on the bike, which is nice.

The stubby air filter though would be a good starting point to mod the new bike. The 2013 model version seems to go better with the overall lines of the bike. Also, if the wheels are indeed black/chrome, the 'now' old-fashioned '13 all chrome wheels look better IMO.

Hopefully other pipe options will be available now that we have more breakouts (e.g. Rinehart Crossbacks) and not every BO will have to opt for the v&h BR 2 into 1/2 (like mine and every other BO out there!). Diversity is good for the gene pool.

So to all future owners on the new cvo breakout, welcome to the family and you have a great looking bike. :)

rodrocket

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Breakout - Molten Silver / Black Diamond
    • CVO2: 2006 V Rod Destroyer
« Reply #55 on: August 19, 2013, 08:42:22 AM »

as somebody who missed out on a 2013 build bike I can say "I AM SPEACHLESS"

just going now to look on the HD website to hopefully get I better view but from what I have seen above the CVO Breakout doesn't look any better than the "Standard Breakout"

the wheels look junk, the paint looks to basic for a bike of that price range, I think the Air Pod looks Oval & to big in diameter in the pic's a bit like a swollen thumb

the rest looks to be just carry over Breakout

Dobeman2000

• Senior CVO Member
  • His and Hers

• CVO1: 2013 Red Breakout
    • CVO2: 2013 Gold Breakout
« Reply #56 on: August 19, 2013, 11:02:26 AM »

I am saying here what I said on another thread (without any bias)- "No comparison between the 13's and the 14's".  The person that stated resale value should go up on the 13's I think hit the nail on the head.  Colors are nice, but not eye popping and the wheels-what the hell?  I should have bought my wife the gold model breakout when I had the chance.

Saljemar

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #57 on: August 19, 2013, 11:08:22 AM »

I am glad I have a 2013 CVO Breakout, but the wheels seem to be the same this year as last.

CVOBreak

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #58 on: August 19, 2013, 11:23:19 AM »

I am glad I have a 2013 CVO Breakout, but the wheels seem to be the same this year as last.

Wheels are Chrome and Black... Per Harley. Not a fan of the new wheels, Paint or Air filter. Other than that it looks just like the 2013

Nicky Pass

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #59 on: August 19, 2013, 11:25:14 AM »

I have to see them in person before judge.....but I will say that I like the 2013 Paint scheme better.  The would look better with out the scalopy thingys!
« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 11:26:58 AM by Nicky Pass »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7  All

Page created in 0.196 seconds with 21 queries.