Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: My brothers 103 non-CVO dyno results  (Read 7472 times)

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
Re: My brothers 103 non-CVO dyno results
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2013, 09:33:10 PM »

Here's mine on my FLHTFUSE7.  I just added CFRs and a SE Race Tuner (which is required on 110's).  From what I am told the Air/Fuel mix is to be above the dashed line the entire time.  Also, one dyno to another, regardless of the shop, machine or date can vary.  You will not get the same results if you  use the same machine a day later (what I have read on dynos).  One question I have is how much does the humidity play in these?  Does lower humidity provide better results?  Higher elevations obviously affect the combustion, but I don't know about the humidity.  They always list it.
Mine's running right where yours is, just above that line. Can anyone explain why the AFR is supposed to be above that line? Seems like it's lean to me.
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

willyB

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2013, 10:54:50 AM »

:2vrolijk_21:  Exactly.  The baseline run was on 7/3/13, and the final run was on 7/31/13 according to that chart.  Did it really take 28 days to install a TB, or was that baseline run actually from before the cams and heads and tune?

Jerry
He's had the setup for about 2 months without the throttle body. He's friends with the tuner and in early July he just wanted to dial it in from the can tune he was running. The July 3rd dyno was that. (No 58 mm) The bike ran pretty strong.

He did not have the extra money for the 58 mm. So a few days ago his girlfriend surprised him with a new 58 mm throttle body and the added clutch spring. By the way he has and has had the same air filter setup as my CVO.

The July 31st dyno is on the same dyno by the same tuner. We were both surprised by the increase. He said it runs "scary fast" now. Almost forgot, he has and has had the Harley tuner. Don't remember which one.

Any builders out there have any thoughts?
GMR 577 Cams, S & S Lifters, S & S Pushrods, V&H Headers, Rinehart 4” Slipons, TTS Tuner, 12" Yaffee Monkey Bars, Color Matched Chopped Tour Pak (510 HP and 763 TQ +/-)

bf2002flht

• Junior CVO Member
  • for sale
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2013, 11:55:22 AM »

Any way you look at it, those are nice numbers for a 103. Everybody should have a girlfriend like his.

Fullsac Performance

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Never ride with a Halfsac! Insist on Fullsac Perf!
    • AZ

• Fullsac Performance
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2013, 11:34:28 AM »

The 777 acts like a big cam when the heads and the pipe are working well. HP rises torque curve goes down from the internet bubble curve many want, or at least they think they do.
Begs the question though do you really pick up 19 hp with just a TB change? There must be more to this story

Don, I can't believe your questioning that.  :confused5:

SG
Steve@fullsac.com  www.fullsac.com
Never argue with idiots. They will beat you with experience.

willyB

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2013, 04:40:02 PM »

Don, I can't believe your questioning that.  :confused5:

SG
Nobody has really answered the question as to why the dyno numbers would be so significant of a change just by adding the throttle bodies.

I ride with him every weekend and this weekend after the change his bike is louder and runs a whole lot faster. I could take him before but no way now.
GMR 577 Cams, S & S Lifters, S & S Pushrods, V&H Headers, Rinehart 4” Slipons, TTS Tuner, 12" Yaffee Monkey Bars, Color Matched Chopped Tour Pak (510 HP and 763 TQ +/-)

Buckeye_Tuning

• Mister Dick
  • Banned
  • Full CVO Member
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2013, 05:25:05 PM »

Really depends on the tune.  If the bike had a so so tune last time out, then this time had a great tune, that could be a true factor.  Another thing to think about is... what injectors were used with the stock TB and the 58TB?

What tuner is used on this bike, too.
Never Ever Forget; Never Ever Forgive

willyB

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2013, 05:29:29 PM »

Really depends on the tune.  If the bike had a so so tune last time out, then this time had a great tune, that could be a true factor.  Another thing to think about is... what injectors were used with the stock TB and the 58TB?

What tuner is used on this bike, too.
The tune before to this one might be a big part. But it was the same guy on the same dyno doing the tuning. He's supposed to be pretty good here in St. Louis. He has, I believe the orange HD tuner and I don't don't what size injectors.

North Georgia Hawg

• HoneyBadger Don't Give a CHIT...
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
    • CVO2: 2009 Chevy Avalanche LTZ Inferno Orange
    • CVO3: 2001 Ebbtide Mystique 2300: 8-ch 2000 watt audio system, two 12" Kicker subs
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2013, 07:52:33 PM »

... So a few days ago his girlfriend surprised him with a new 58 mm throttle body and the added clutch spring. ...

My thought is: no matter what he does with the bike... KEEP THE GIRLFRIEND!

Ken

HoneyBadger Don't Care...

TD AK-20s | Drago's S/C/S-4 | SE 259Es | Feuling 8015/7060/Rods | Black Ops Lifters
Cometics | Big Sucker 2 | Energy One +1 Clutch Pack | Hayden BT07 | ClutchWIZ
WPW Fans | TL P7 LEDs/Aux | Dynamic Ringz | Tour Pak | WO 575s | RT 665
Corbin DualTour | BAH Flush Front Axle | Chrome Calipers
The Wizard's Tune

willyB

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2014, 11:56:37 AM »

Another note about his girlfriend.

About a week ago she surprised him with a newly installed set of 14" apes and all new braided lines. I think they are LA Choppers.

Lucky brother I must say!

Lever

• 1K CVO Member
  • keep the rubber side down
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2014, 12:14:08 PM »

Grats
2010 CVO Convertible  crimson red sunglo/Autumn Haze with Metal Grind Graphics
2014 113  motor 10.8 compression
SAE smoothing #5  125.7 hp / 122.9 tq
2017 Road King M8
stage IV

joe98

• Junior CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 CVO
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2014, 01:02:17 PM »

Another note about his girlfriend.

About a week ago she surprised him with a newly installed set of 14" apes and all new braided lines. I think they are LA Choppers.

Lucky brother I must say!
Congrats on the results...sounds awesome, but more importantly :  Does she have a sister ? ;)

willyB

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2014, 02:02:21 PM »

Congrats on the results...sounds awesome, but more importantly :  Does she have a sister ? ;)
She does! Two of them. But she describes them as Little Spoiled Italian Princesses.

CVO2FIXUP

• 1K CVO Member
  • Canada Eh!!!
    • ON

• CVO1: 2010 CVO Ultra Classic Riptide Blue.
« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2014, 03:33:42 PM »

She is awesome with the HD parts support!!!   But can she make a tasty sandwich?  :nixweiss:
I may be a head of cabbage, but I am ahead of you!!

Banana man

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2005 seeg banana
« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2014, 03:52:57 PM »

It looks like to me that  with that build on the engine that it was not getting enough air thru the stock throttle body to be
able to perform to it's full potential. The 58TB gave it enough air to properly fill the engine and along with a good tune made it
run much better.

Which makes me think..... I have a stock CVO 103 with the old 257 Harley cams in it with the stock 46mm throttle body. Would I benefit
from a larger throttle body?

Banana man

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2005 seeg banana
« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2014, 03:57:29 PM »

Mine's running right where yours is, just above that line. Can anyone explain why the AFR is supposed to be above that line? Seems like it's lean to me.
The dotted line is the target for perfect AFR. My bike ran best when it was tuned on the line with it going slightly
rich on the very top end. :bananarock: :2vrolijk_21:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.185 seconds with 24 queries.