Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Author Topic: My brothers 103 non-CVO dyno results  (Read 7432 times)

willyB

• 1K CVO Member
My brothers 103 non-CVO dyno results
« on: August 01, 2013, 07:32:30 AM »

I thought you all might be interested to see this. It is his before and after dyno results after adding a 58 mm throttle body. We were both pretty surprised.

It is a 2012 103" Non-CVO Streetglide with 10.5-1 SE piston, SE heads (not sure which ones) and Woods 777 cams. The blue line is with stock throttle body and the red line is with 58 mm throttle body. Tuned by Jmack at Surdyke HD in Festus, MO. He's supposed to be one of the best tuners in the St. Louis area.

Brother said it runs significantly better.
GMR 577 Cams, S & S Lifters, S & S Pushrods, V&H Headers, Rinehart 4” Slipons, TTS Tuner, 12" Yaffee Monkey Bars, Color Matched Chopped Tour Pak (510 HP and 763 TQ +/-)

05Train

• Mind is not for rent
  • Elite CVO Member
Re: My brothers 103 non-CVO dyno results
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2013, 07:40:25 AM »

That seems off.  Below is my 103 FLHTK with nothing but a Fatcat and a Ventilator air cleaner.  His horsepower looks decent, but his torque seems low.

The best you've had is the best you know.

• My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge, when my information changes, I alter my conclusions
  • 5k CVO Member
  • monter le cheval de fer (French)
    • NC

• CVO1: 2013 SERK-Dressed in BLUE of course.
    • CVO2: 2002 Supercharged HD F150 512 RWHP
    • CVO3: 1956 BelAir Sports Coupe
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2013, 07:44:56 AM »

Looks good to me, great gains at 4.5k +
Most Honda Goldwing riders will blink when hit in the head  with a ball-peen hammer (sans helmet)

willyB

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2013, 07:52:25 AM »

I think it is the Woods 777 cam. You can see his torque comes in much later. He is also running Reinhart 4 1/2" mufflers and their true dual head pipe.

The point of the post was really to show the impact of adding the 58 mm throttle body.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 07:54:07 AM by willyB »
GMR 577 Cams, S & S Lifters, S & S Pushrods, V&H Headers, Rinehart 4” Slipons, TTS Tuner, 12" Yaffee Monkey Bars, Color Matched Chopped Tour Pak (510 HP and 763 TQ +/-)

• My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge, when my information changes, I alter my conclusions
  • 5k CVO Member
  • monter le cheval de fer (French)
    • NC

• CVO1: 2013 SERK-Dressed in BLUE of course.
    • CVO2: 2002 Supercharged HD F150 512 RWHP
    • CVO3: 1956 BelAir Sports Coupe
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2013, 07:58:45 AM »

Has he had time to check the milage?
Most Honda Goldwing riders will blink when hit in the head  with a ball-peen hammer (sans helmet)

willyB

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2013, 08:17:17 AM »

Not yet. He just got it back yesterday afternoon.

He said: " I got on it pretty hard leaving Surdyke and boy I really had to hang on". He seems pretty happy. :)

HDultraDad

• Full CVO Member
  • '12 CVO SE Ultra

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE7
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2013, 08:55:31 AM »

Here's mine on my FLHTFUSE7.  I just added CFRs and a SE Race Tuner (which is required on 110's).  From what I am told the Air/Fuel mix is to be above the dashed line the entire time.  Also, one dyno to another, regardless of the shop, machine or date can vary.  You will not get the same results if you  use the same machine a day later (what I have read on dynos).  One question I have is how much does the humidity play in these?  Does lower humidity provide better results?  Higher elevations obviously affect the combustion, but I don't know about the humidity.  They always list it.
SE Race Tuner,
CFR's,
Blacked out Day Maker LED's,
A couple of other upgrades,
What else is needed on a CVO?  Just knees in the breeze!

05Train

• Mind is not for rent
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2013, 09:12:39 AM »

I think it is the Woods 777 cam. You can see his torque comes in much later. He is also running Reinhart 4 1/2" mufflers and their true dual head pipe.

The point of the post was really to show the impact of adding the 58 mm throttle body.
Missed the true duals, that would explain the low torque.

willyB

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2013, 09:48:03 AM »

I just taked to  him (he works nights) to ask him how the ride was into work. He said he jumped on it pretty hard and when he shifted into 2nd the front tire came off the ground. He's pretty happy.

We're just amazed at the change by adding the 58 mm.

As far as low torque because of his pipes, I think 115 HP and 112 TQ is not "low" for this cam. The TQ is moved much farther to the right on the Woods 777. If he installed the Woods 555's the TQ would be higher and much farther to the left but his HP would be lower. Heck, my 110 CVO stock with pipes has 108 TQ but only 89 HP with the TQ way to the left side.

I have no doubt that he will beat me in an 1/8 mile, 1/4 mile or flat out run. Although I make take him to the 100 foot mark. At least I'll have that on my side. ;D

HDultraDad

• Full CVO Member
  • '12 CVO SE Ultra

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE7
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2013, 03:28:46 PM »

I just taked to  him (he works nights) to ask him how the ride was into work. He said he jumped on it pretty hard and when he shifted into 2nd the front tire came off the ground. He's pretty happy.

We're just amazed at the change by adding the 58 mm.

As far as low torque because of his pipes, I think 115 HP and 112 TQ is not "low" for this cam. The TQ is moved much farther to the right on the Woods 777. If he installed the Woods 555's the TQ would be higher and much farther to the left but his HP would be lower. Heck, my 110 CVO stock with pipes has 108 TQ but only 89 HP with the TQ way to the left side.

I have no doubt that he will beat me in an 1/8 mile, 1/4 mile or flat out run. Although I make take him to the 100 foot mark. At least I'll have that on my side. ;D

WillyB,

If you have him in the 100' mark then you have him at least through the 1/8 and 1/4.  The jump is it.  He has you on the top end and that is not where we ride.   8)
SE Race Tuner,
CFR's,
Blacked out Day Maker LED's,
A couple of other upgrades,
What else is needed on a CVO?  Just knees in the breeze!

willyB

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2013, 04:25:52 PM »

First off I seriously doubt that I'll take him in an 1/8 mile.

I tend to ride at a higher rpm than most. I have friends that think 1500-1800 rpm is running their Harley's hard. They  routinely shift into 6th at 45 mph and cruise at the speed/rpm up and down hills. They love that chugging sound and feel. I have one friend who refuses to even go the speed limit. His response is always "why do you always want to go to the speed limit, I don't run my tractor to the limit".

Stock, cruising down the highway at 75-80 I'm running close to 3000 rpm and the engine is breezing along. I find 2000 rpm cruising the very lowest rpm to even run at.

But I do like to 255 tractor cam.

Everyone's different. Some people like to go site seeing on their bikes and others enjoy the rode in front of them. Different strokes for different folks.

HILLSIDECYCLE.COM

• Banned
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2013, 06:39:16 PM »

Looks good from my house.
Scott

HD Street Performance

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2013, 06:52:00 PM »

The 777 acts like a big cam when the heads and the pipe are working well. HP rises torque curve goes down from the internet bubble curve many want, or at least they think they do.
Begs the question though do you really pick up 19 hp with just a TB change? There must be more to this story

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2013, 07:32:30 PM »

The 777 acts like a big cam when the heads and the pipe are working well. HP rises torque curve goes down from the internet bubble curve many want, or at least they think they do.
Begs the question though do you really pick up 19 hp with just a TB change? There must be more to this story

:2vrolijk_21:  Exactly.  The baseline run was on 7/3/13, and the final run was on 7/31/13 according to that chart.  Did it really take 28 days to install a TB, or was that baseline run actually from before the cams and heads and tune?

Jerry
« Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 07:53:31 PM by grc »
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

05Train

• Mind is not for rent
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2013, 07:55:45 PM »

I'm still saying it's on the low side.  The guy's running 10.5:1 and better flowing heads.  Even with true duals sucking the life out of the build, I'd think he'd be seeing more torque.  Guys with stock compression and heads are seeing similar numbers.

And I agree with everyone else, the TB by itself isn't responsible for the power gains.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Page created in 0.162 seconds with 20 queries.