Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9  All

Author Topic: Andy's School of scatter graphs  (Read 25855 times)

whittlebeast

• Senior CVO Member
Re: Andy's School of scatter graphs
« Reply #60 on: August 30, 2013, 09:19:53 PM »

Andy, I really want to know more, but like my friend Mayor, I too have not seen anything usefull or really interesting with MLV. Would really like for you to post up something that has been tuned using MegaSquirt or any of it's related systems. Please man, post up something useful and enlightening, maybe even dumb it down for the masses. Post up something that we can see and understand as many of us, even those with TTS tattoed on their butt, are always looking for something better or at least another way to validate and confirm.

Did you read this?

http://www.ncs-stl.com/tuning/

Do you really want to see stuff off different systems?

Andy

turboprop

« Reply #61 on: August 30, 2013, 09:27:12 PM »

Did you read this?

http://www.ncs-stl.com/tuning/

Do you really want to see stuff off different systems?

Andy

I have looked at that, and honestly, it hurts my head and is just real hard to follow. The video you posted of the F1 car was more like what I was looking for, or maybe your sportster. Can I assume you have used MLV to fine tune the tune? Maybe you could post up some pics of the tune using your scatter graphs and the tune as displayed by TTS? That might be a good start, sort of ease us into this.

hrdtail78

• Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #62 on: August 30, 2013, 09:28:42 PM »

It's funny how if you have a favorite tuning device.  Little girls want to come on and call you names.

I use a cam 10-I2 times as a bolt in. On a stock 103. I see close to 100 hp and around 110 tq.  I'm not drunk on the kool aid.  It's, I'm sticking to what I know.

whittlebeast

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #63 on: August 30, 2013, 10:03:18 PM »

I was sent today a new set of injectors and a new "Pro Tuned Setup" for my ski.  Here is the results of the test.  I spent the rest of the afternoon attempting to dial in.  Here is the setup I was running that was fairly well tuned in.

Now here is the so called Pro tune on a shake down run just to see where I was starting from.

The top tune is far more linear in every respect.  You can see where the MAPxRPM vs Duty Cycle has a huge dip and also goes huge lean at that same point.  I was hired to sort out his base tune that will be supplied with his tuning SW package.

I have some work to do.  First step is get him to standardize on injectors somewhere between these to options.

Andy
« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 10:54:57 PM by whittlebeast »

whittlebeast

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #64 on: August 30, 2013, 10:41:58 PM »

After a few auto tune sessions , it started to dial in.  I and still not happy with the big blue area on the left pot near the top center.  I am thinking the is a Acceleration Enrichment Hidden table that will need to be exposed the the release SW package to dial this in.  he throttle respons what half what I was aiming for.

You can see that the autotune is making the MAPxRPM ve Duty Cycle more linear indicating to me that the tune is getting better but the MAP vs RPM clearly needs work.

Andy

hrdtail78

• Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #65 on: August 31, 2013, 12:22:05 AM »

What do you mean "auto tune" sessions?  Matched injectors?

whittlebeast

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #66 on: August 31, 2013, 06:56:41 AM »

What do you mean "auto tune" sessions?  Matched injectors?

Autotune has nothing to do with matched injectors.  Most all modern EFI software now has the capability to auto correct the VE table.  The way this is done is a little different from package to package but the concept is always similar.  The PC5s when you have the autotune option does it by having the PC5 and the Autotune module talk back an forth thru a CAN like network cable.  The PC5 keeps track of the MAP and RPM and the Autotune feeds back the AFR.  The PC5 builds the fuel correction tables on the fly as you ride.  The correct tables can be TPS based, MAP bases or both.  In the jetski world, we are stuck with having to kill the motor to apply corrections back to the ECU.  It sucks, but it is doable.

In the Magasquirt world, it can be done one of three ways, depending on if you have a laptop connected to the system wile the motor is running.  Here you have the option to write all the way back to the ECU on the fly all automatically.  The racecar video that I posted on the other thread was tuned as the driver circled the track.

The MLV stuff that I show here is just screen shots of different ways to look at the data to verify the Autotunes are doing as expected and no part of the map is falling thru the cracks of the autotune logic.  In the Megasquirt world, if you can prove to the programmers that you have found a pattern that consistently falls into a crack, the programmers just do some more typing and fix it.  My job is to document the busts in the logic.

MAPxRPM vs DC was one of those things that we stumbled on looking a lots of data off different motors.  At this point, I can  normally pick off a problem tune within a few min of getting the data to the glass.

Apparently I can't say "way cool" any more, so technically interesting.

Andy

hrdtail78

• Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #67 on: August 31, 2013, 08:29:11 AM »

What auto tuner are you using?  The injectors you received.  Where they matched?

whittlebeast

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #68 on: August 31, 2013, 09:36:40 AM »

The ski is running a PC5 aurotune2 and LCD 200

FLTRI

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #69 on: August 31, 2013, 12:21:31 PM »

Ok, now I think in understand.
You take a PCV w/auto tune and use scatter plots to watch what it does.
All this time I was looking forward to learning something new about tuning.

The auto tune does the tuning and you watch and report cracks in the system.
Much more sense now,
Bob

whittlebeast

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #70 on: August 31, 2013, 12:31:53 PM »

That is generally correct on the motors I do with a PC5.

Andy

FLTRI

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #71 on: August 31, 2013, 01:38:54 PM »

That is generally correct on the motors I do with a PC5.

Andy
This clears a bit up for me. I apologize for constantly prompting you for answers to questions you have no way of knowing due to which side of the calibration fence you are on.
Carry on,
Bob

whittlebeast

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #72 on: August 31, 2013, 02:23:01 PM »

Most of the time I only care about things like does this thing have 15 to one compression, HUGE cams or does it have HUGE injectors that is why the bottom end is a challenge to dial in.  Most of the time I tune to where the logs lead me.  Motec, Haltech, PV, Holley, Megasquirt... it really does not matter that much.  The trick is having access to the data.  The more data, the easier it is.  Sometimes it takes a hour ride to get enough data.  I have about a 30 hour log off my 2013 Honda street truck just to get plenty of data to see how they do things.  The data rate is about 2 per sec on that thing.

The stranger the build, the more fun it gets.

Andy

whittlebeast

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #73 on: August 31, 2013, 02:37:22 PM »

Here is a sample MAP based VE adjustment map from a PC5 on the right and the data that generated the adjustments on the left.  All MAP units are in KPA.

hrdtail78

• Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #74 on: August 31, 2013, 02:41:53 PM »

Most of the time I only care about things like does this thing have 15 to one compression, HUGE cams or does it have HUGE injectors that is why the bottom end is a challenge to dial in.  Most of the time I tune to where the logs lead me.  Motec, Haltech, PV, Holley, Megasquirt... it really does not matter that much.  The trick is having access to the data.  The more data, the easier it is.  Sometimes it takes a hour ride to get enough data.  I have about a 30 hour log off my 2013 Honda street truck just to get plenty of data to see how they do things.  The data rate is about 2 per sec on that thing.

The stranger the build, the more fun it gets.

Andy

That's why I was in shock that you like the PV over the TTS. BTW that data is being collect as we speak and the owner is really non the wiser.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9  All

Page created in 0.159 seconds with 21 queries.