Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All

Author Topic: Just Curious with no Agenda; it will happen to Us All..  (Read 12423 times)

Bigfoot16

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2013 CVO Ultra Classic SE
Re: Just Curious with no Agenda; it will happen to Us All..
« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2013, 04:51:18 PM »

Hey guys, there is nothing wrong with 3 wheels.  My dad has had a lot of recent health issues, traded his Heritage for a trike.  He's 74 now, and we still get to ride together, and that is priceless.  This sure has changed my perspective about trikes. 
[img] C:\Users\Steve\Pictures\dragon.png

Porschestan

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 CVO Softail Convertible
« Reply #31 on: September 02, 2013, 04:56:03 PM »

Hey guys, there is nothing wrong with 3 wheels.  My dad has had a lot of recent health issues, traded his Heritage for a trike.  He's 74 now, and we still get to ride together, and that is priceless.  This sure has changed my perspective about trikes. 
This was going to be my next question..what's so wrong with a Three Wheeler.  Especially now the 2014 has been upgraded quite a bit.  Other than the "macho" reason, is there actually something inherently wrong or bad? You are still on the road, wind in your face, etc. So, why the constant "Bad Rap"???

dlaws01

• 1K CVO Member
  • Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulltion

• CVO1: 105th Anniversary FXSTSSE2
« Reply #32 on: September 02, 2013, 04:56:16 PM »

Hey, many of us started out on trikes while we were in diapers.  What's so wrong with ending up on a trike wearing Depends diapers?  :nixweiss:
Jesus is Lord

phato1

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011.5 FLHTCUSE6 - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2001 FLSTFI - non CVO, but really cool
« Reply #33 on: September 02, 2013, 05:12:09 PM »

This was going to be my next question..what's so wrong with a Three Wheeler.  Especially now the 2014 has been upgraded quite a bit.  Other than the "macho" reason, is there actually something inherently wrong or bad? You are still on the road, wind in your face, etc. So, why the constant "Bad Rap"???

No bad rap at all. The wife and I have taken HD's TriGlide out for a ride several times during dealer demo days or at other events and Honestly for me it is the logical next step when it becomes impossible for me to hold up one of these behemoths - especially with a passenger. But that is hopefully much further in the future.
"The solutions are all simple....after you have arrived at them."     - Robert M. Pirsig

VaEagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze -SOLD
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 Orange- sold
    • CVO3: Who knows what?
« Reply #34 on: September 02, 2013, 05:13:14 PM »

Only downside I can see to trikes is the fact that it would be hard to avoid potholes or road debris with a right, left and center wheel track. Otherwise nice to have for those who have physical limitations yet are still safe to be on the road.
I agree somewhat with the adage that God will take you when it's time no matter what you are doing but I think we can try to increase our odds of lasting longer if we use the old saying of Clint Eastwood "A mans got to know his limitations!" I have seen much damage and death due to some older person not willing to give up driving when their reactions, balance or vision etc. is limited.

North Georgia Hawg

• HoneyBadger Don't Give a CHIT...
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
    • CVO2: 2009 Chevy Avalanche LTZ Inferno Orange
    • CVO3: 2001 Ebbtide Mystique 2300: 8-ch 2000 watt audio system, two 12" Kicker subs
« Reply #35 on: September 02, 2013, 05:35:28 PM »

Hey guys, there is nothing wrong with 3 wheels.  My dad has had a lot of recent health issues, traded his Heritage for a trike.  He's 74 now, and we still get to ride together, and that is priceless.  This sure has changed my perspective about trikes.  

This was going to be my next question..what's so wrong with a Three Wheeler.  Especially now the 2014 has been upgraded quite a bit.  Other than the "macho" reason, is there actually something inherently wrong or bad? You are still on the road, wind in your face, etc. So, why the constant "Bad Rap"???

I certainly did not say anything about there being anything "wrong" with three-wheelers. I bought the Tri Glide for my wife... she just ended up not liking riding it because its all upper body strength and she has early arthritis in her hands and shoulders. So, it was painful for her to ride a trike after about an hour. That's why we sold it.

I think trikes are very cool! The guy who now has my wife's trike could easily outrun just about any two-wheel rider I know in the twisties. I cannot even come close keeping up with him in severe twisties.

Trikes are extremely stable machines if they are engineered properly, and they are a blast to ride. They are like big powerful ATVs that are street legal and VERY comfortable to tour on. Some of the trike conversions with independent rear suspensions can absolutely SMOKE two-wheelers on curvy roads. The car rear tires make them wicked fast in twisties.

Oh, and on a trike... things like gravel, wet roads, potholes, etc. are not nearly as much of a concern as they are when you're just on two wheels.

Now the people who RIDE trikes... they are a really fun bunch! I've met several. Generally older, secure, NOT trying to impress anyone, know how to enjoy themselves, and could probably party me under the table!  :joker:

Ken
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 05:37:51 PM by North Georgia Hawg »

HoneyBadger Don't Care...

TD AK-20s | Drago's S/C/S-4 | SE 259Es | Feuling 8015/7060/Rods | Black Ops Lifters
Cometics | Big Sucker 2 | Energy One +1 Clutch Pack | Hayden BT07 | ClutchWIZ
WPW Fans | TL P7 LEDs/Aux | Dynamic Ringz | Tour Pak | WO 575s | RT 665
Corbin DualTour | BAH Flush Front Axle | Chrome Calipers
The Wizard's Tune

Porschestan

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #36 on: September 02, 2013, 05:43:58 PM »

I certainly did not say anything about there being anything "wrong" with three-wheelers. I bought the Tri Glide for my wife... she just ended up not liking riding it because its all upper body strength and she has early arthritis in her hands and shoulders. So, it was painful for her to ride a trike after about an hour. That's why we sold it.

I think trikes are very cool! The guy who now has my wife's trike could easily outrun just about any two-wheel rider I know in the twisties. I cannot even come close keeping up with him in severe twisties.

Trikes are extremely stable machines if they are engineered properly, and they are a blast to ride. They are like big powerful ATVs that are street legal and VERY comfortable to tour on. Some of the trike conversions with independent rear suspensions can absolutely SMOKE two-wheelers on curvy roads. The car rear tires make them wicked fast in twisties.

Now the people who RIDE trikes... they are a really fun bunch! I've met several. Generally older, secure, NOT trying to impress anyone, know how to enjoy themselves, and could probably party me under the table!  :joker:

Ken

Ken, very glad to read your observations..because they look great to me!  I was just concerned that there may be something inherently wrong with a Trike..I am always worried about my BSR's comfort..while we have not attempted a overnite trip yet, I think if we did the limitations of comfort and storage could be an issue (well when you must take everything including the kitchen sink!)

Stan

North Georgia Hawg

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

• CVO3: 2001 Ebbtide Mystique 2300: 8-ch 2000 watt audio system, two 12" Kicker subs
« Reply #37 on: September 02, 2013, 06:00:54 PM »

Ken, very glad to read your observations..because they look great to me!  I was just concerned that there may be something inherently wrong with a Trike..I am always worried about my BSR's comfort..while we have not attempted a overnite trip yet, I think if we did the limitations of comfort and storage could be an issue (well when you must take everything including the kitchen sink!)

Stan

Stan - the Tri Glide has 10 cu ft of storage space. If your wife isn't comfortable on it, and she can't pack everything she needs in it... then you my friend should really consider a CADILLAC! ;D

Basically the Tri Glide IS a Cadillac with only one front wheel... but it's a LOT more fun!  :2vrolijk_21:

Ken

TD AK-20s | Drago's S/C/S-4 | SE 259Es | Feuling 8015/7060/Rods | Black Ops Lifters
The Wizard's Tune

Porschestan

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #38 on: September 02, 2013, 06:12:02 PM »

Stan - the Tri Glide has 10 cu ft of storage space. If your wife isn't comfortable on it, and she can't pack everything she needs in it... then you my friend should really consider a CADILLAC! ;D

Basically the Tri Glide IS a Cadillac with only one front wheel... but it's a LOT more fun!  :2vrolijk_21:

Ken

Well we will have to try one day to take one for a test ride (drive).  But if we fall in love, then what? $$$$$
Can't really rationalize having 2 Harley's .. Can I? Well it's too early to worry..right? :)

• My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge, when my information changes, I alter my conclusions
  • 5k CVO Member
  • monter le cheval de fer (French)
    • NC

• CVO1: 2013 SERK-Dressed in BLUE of course.
    • CVO2: 2002 Supercharged HD F150 512 RWHP
    • CVO3: 1956 BelAir Sports Coupe
« Reply #39 on: September 02, 2013, 06:34:17 PM »

And to get back to the original topic.........things could go wrong at any time. Crossing the street, riding a bus, etc. I will continue to do what I love and hope for the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :worthless:
Most Honda Goldwing riders will blink when hit in the head  with a ball-peen hammer (sans helmet)

Porschestan

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #40 on: September 02, 2013, 06:36:59 PM »

And to get back to the original topic.........things could go wrong at any time. Crossing the street, riding a bus, etc. I will continue to do what I love and hope for the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :worthless:

You Are Right! But I am sufficiently happy with your Pictures!!!!

North Georgia Hawg

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

« Reply #41 on: September 02, 2013, 07:06:16 PM »

You Are Right! But I am sufficiently happy with your Pictures!!!!

The one on the LEFT in particular!  ::)

Ken

The Wizard's Tune

Porschestan

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #42 on: September 02, 2013, 07:13:43 PM »

The one on the LEFT in particular!  ::)

Ken

Yep, that's the photo I had in mind too!
What do they say about Like Minds?

grayghost731

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Built For ME! Love My Fatboy CVO

• CVO1: FLSTFSE Platinum Mist&Slate 102.81 HP 113.47 Torque
« Reply #43 on: September 02, 2013, 07:29:16 PM »

[/quote

Live For Today!!   What Ever Happens.....  Happens!  ;)   Don't worry about,What you can't control  :2vrolijk_21:

michaelbmenaker

• Elite CVO Member
  • Ride hard, ride safe!
« Reply #44 on: September 03, 2013, 01:05:18 PM »

It will be my health that finally makes me hang it up. I was hit in '96 and shattered my hip resulting in a BIG surgery and then a hip replacement in 2000. I ordered the replacement bike while in traction awaiting the first surgery. Rode with a folding cane in the saddle bag for years.

Had a surprise heart stent last December to clear a 99% blockage of the "widow maker" artery. Was riding this spring. As I type, I am one week post-op from having a cancerous kidney removed. I will ride again before winter.

What will probably stop me is my vision. I have macular degeneration. Eventually, my vision will degrade to the point I don't feel safe. Then you'll see my '10 SESG on the "Selling" board here. Until then, I value every mile.

I must say that I find myself thinking about going "back" to Softail or Dyna. My cross country days are over and the SESG is a handful at parking lot speeds. But, the SESG feels so good on the open road...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All

Page created in 0.208 seconds with 20 queries.