Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All

Author Topic: Reinstalling PV stk. file  (Read 11751 times)

joe_lyons50023

• Full CVO Member
Reinstalling PV stk. file
« on: September 12, 2013, 07:01:22 PM »

If for some reason you are reinstalling the stk. file back into your bike with PV make sure that it is the correct file. The calibration ID should read a five digit number then a dash then two numbers.  If it does not read this then you have not reinstalled the correct file and if it reads PVAT then that is an auto tune file and not a stk file. A copy of your original file is automatically saved and it has a stk file.  If you have questions or issues with doing this then contact dynojet support.

hrdtail78

• Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
Re: Reinstalling PV stk. file
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2013, 09:26:12 PM »

Uh,... Thanks for the heads up.

joe_lyons50023

• Full CVO Member
Re: Re: Reinstalling PV stk. file
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2013, 10:11:34 PM »

Your welcome sir.

mayor

• Full CVO Member
  • just another fictional internet politician
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2013, 06:19:44 AM »

This was going to be a question I was going to direct to Mr. Wizard on his post on the locked thread.  My guess is they reinstalled the stock.pvt cal intsead of the stock.stk file and that is why it showed up on the TTS switch over. 

Joe, can you test to see if PV leaves a trace on the digital tech if you reflash the stk cal when you get a spare chance?   

05Train

• Mind is not for rent
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2013, 07:35:46 AM »

This was going to be a question I was going to direct to Mr. Wizard on his post on the locked thread.  My guess is they reinstalled the stock.pvt cal intsead of the stock.stk file and that is why it showed up on the TTS switch over. 

Joe, can you test to see if PV leaves a trace on the digital tech if you reflash the stk cal when you get a spare chance?   
That would be my guess as well.

When I asked whether or not my bike had been tuned or used some sort of tuning device (oh so innocently), the tech walked back to the DT, fiddled around for a few seconds, and said, "nope, it's completely stock".

The best you've had is the best you know.

joe_lyons50023

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2013, 07:59:00 AM »

I have already tested it out and the cal id is what is seen so if you name that correctly then you are fine,but the tell tale that says race tuned or not only works with the harley products.

PS newer cals are eight numbers with a possible letter at the end for the cal id.

joe_lyons50023

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2013, 09:43:47 AM »

Then pick your file.  It shows the year and part of the vin.

hrdtail78

• Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2013, 10:12:10 AM »

If you loose the stk file, what do you have to do to change tuning devices?

Steve Cole

• Manufacturer TTS
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2013, 11:03:41 AM »

I have already tested it out and the cal id is what is seen so if you name that correctly then you are fine,but the tell tale that says race tuned or not only works with the harley products.

So you are saying it is up to the user to name it with the proper name up front? How many know that is required.
The Best you know, is the Best you've had........ not necessarily the Best.

joe_lyons50023

• Full CVO Member
Re: Re: Re: Reinstalling PV stk. file
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2013, 11:35:09 AM »

So you are saying it is up to the user to name it with the proper name up front? How many know that is required.
Yes it is up to the user and i guess people who don't care don't know.

If you loose the stk file, what do you have to do to change tuning devices?
The STK is saved into the PV and the computer.  No need to put the stock cal on a flash drive or post it on an online storage.  And as Steve has pointed out PV cals are unmolested cals and as long as a PVAT file isn't used then other tuning platforms shouldn't have any issues.

hrdtail78

• Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
Reinstalling PV stk. file
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2013, 12:14:48 PM »

The vision gets stolen, it gets wet, or you get hit by a car.  Its electronic. It can fail. Then what do you do? Sounds like your screwed. Where is the warnings for this?  All the chicken littles and all the stuff with a locked ECM with TTS plays along here.

05Train

• Mind is not for rent
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2013, 12:25:56 PM »

The vision gets stolen, it gets wet, or you get hit by a car.  Its electronic. It can fail. Then what do you do? Sounds like your screwed. Where is the warnings for this?  All the chicken littles and all the stuff with a locked ECM with TTS plays along here.
You still save it elsewhere, at least I do.  It's saved on my tuning laptop, as well as on my backup hard drive.

As you can see in the pictures above, it's saved to the laptop as well.
The best you've had is the best you know.

whittlebeast

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2013, 12:50:01 PM »

I was wondering about the stuff coming up in this thread so I asked a guy in the know by email.  Here was his answer.......

<<<<<  snip  >>>>>>

In reference to restoring the incorrect original calibration a couple of things could have happened, they may have loaded Copy of Original thru the Tune Manager (this is not the same as Restore Original), or more likely what happened is they were using an early level of FW and used Restore Original but somewhere along the line a non-OEM calibration was stored as the backup, this was possible with some early firmware versions where if you did multiple ECM reads it would store the current binary in sequence. Other comments also point to this as they could not get some features to work with a different tuning platform, the user was previously using PV/AT Pro and the closed loop stuff would have been turned off so it completely makes sense. Regardless, the first original Power Vision .STK would have been backed up automatically if it was ever connected to WinPv and could have been retrieved under Documents/Power Vision/Original Tunes if it was indeed overwritten.

It is most important to note that currently ( actually since the later part of 2011) you cannot overwrite the original calibration from when the PV was married, it is stored in the unit and cannot be replaced or modified, this prevents any possibility of the incorrect original map from being restored which happened in the example discussed. In the case of multiple licenses, with a Dual License it stores both .STK files and automatically associates them, the only time they need to sorted manually would be in a case with a shop with several dozen licenses for a single unit, in this case WinPv would have the files automatically stored under Documents/Power Vision/Original Tunes and only the .STK for that bike can be restored.

Thank you.........Jamie Long

mayor

• Full CVO Member
  • just another fictional internet politician
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2013, 12:54:45 PM »

no, it saves the stk file based the stock parameters, so when you put it back in the data is named correctly.  I think Joe may be referring to when you save a PVT file.  The stk file is stock information. 

hrdtail78

• Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2013, 12:55:25 PM »

Saving the original file is important with any tuning device.  TTS and Direct Link make this very clear. Vision needs to be clear with this also.  It needs to be in their directions.  A pop up warning to say the least.  Not all the customers are on forums.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All

Page created in 0.167 seconds with 25 queries.